Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone selling an ISF original exhaust and tips?

Hi all,

This is probably going against the grain a little...

I bought my ISF with an aftermarket exhaust installed (possibly an H&S, but without a ramp to inspect I can't be sure) and, although it sounds biblical when I'm in the mood to thrash it, motorway drone at 1.5k-2k and verging on ridiculous cold starts early in the morning are starting to grate (we have a shared driveway). 

Having looked at other options, I keep coming back to moving to a standard set up. There are a couple up on eBay at the moment but thought I'd ask here first. Has anyone got one in decent condition with tips for sale? Bonus points if in the Essex/Suffolk area. 

Cheers

Problem with the original exhaust fake tips is they have a habit of falling off when the spot welds corrode, so if u do manage to find any, probably worth getting the welds re done.

They are some £400 per corner new from Lexus as they also have a resonator cone assembly as well.  There is a picture in one of the threads on here somewhere.  

When I had my ISF, losing exhaust tips was one of the few issues that came up occasionally and when faced with the replacement cost it made changing to the H&S system an attractive option when comparing the overall costs.  if u wanted more sound it was a no brainer, so was popular!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fforfun said:

Thanks for the pointer on the spot welds. I've seen quite a few posts about missing tips and would be keen to avoid the same fate!

Have you considered adding a resonator into the mid section somewhere.  Means you can keep the exhaust whilst quietening it down.

ISF exhaust is quite muted by comparison so may take it too far if you like the current noise when full throttle.  Bet it would be cheaper too….

Is it a full system or just back boxes?

9 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Have you considered adding a resonator into the mid section somewhere.  Means you can keep the exhaust whilst quietening it down.

ISF exhaust is quite muted by comparison so may take it too far if you like the current noise when full throttle.  Bet it would be cheaper too….

Is it a full system or just back boxes?

That's an interesting idea, thanks. I only live about 45 mins from H&S, so I'll drop them a line and see what they reckon. It is a full system. 

I have driven a completely stock ISF and the intake noise was still a big enough draw without the drama from the exhaust. Might have something to do with being a previous owner of VTEC engines. 

Good to have options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fforfun said:

That's an interesting idea, thanks. I only live about 45 mins from H&S, so I'll drop them a line and see what they reckon. It is a full system. 

I have driven a completely stock ISF and the intake noise was still a big enough draw without the drama from the exhaust. Might have something to do with being a previous owner of VTEC engines. 

Good to have options. 

Hope it helps.  As a fellow VTEC owner I fully subscribe to the B/K Series wide open throttle club!!!

Not sure the wife appreciated 8,000rpm Tesco runs however!

• Haha 2

I have got my stock full exhaust system with the OEM tips on a 40k mile iSF that i would be happy to swap for something aftermarket, PM me if interested

I have the oem exhaust and tips sitting in my garage if ur interested.  I’m based in the midlands though.   I needed more noise so upgraded to H&S.  PM me if u are 

On 2/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, dman2004 said:

I've got an OEM Exhaust for sale, albeit no tips. I'm in essex. PM me

Thanks for responding, but I think I've got something lined up now. 

I was curious so just checked with Lexus and these tips are now £686 each side. Last time il looked they were around £440 and that doesn't seem that long ago.:wacko:

So what's the going second hand rate as I've got a pair I ought to move on as I sold my ISF a while ago.

Wow those costs really do make a replacement exhaust without the fake tips issue an even more sensible option now than it was back when I owned my ISF!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links