Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing to an f-sport???

My NX450H Premium Plus is 2 years old next month and given the delivery timescales I am looking ahead to a possible change. I am considering a NX450h f-sport. Does any member who has moved from a NX450h Premium to a NX f-sport wish to share their thoughts particularly in terms of ride quality?

• Like 1

I have an F-sport but unfortunately no experience with the other models.

It will be interesting to see others thoughts.

I can't really even remember my logic when ordering the F-sport 🙈🙈😅

• Thanks 1

Hi Ken, I’m in a F-Sport Prem Plus, previously in a Premium. 

Differences: 

Ride, lower profiles and larger rims has a marked affect on handling and urban driving. Feels very surefooted on more open roads of course.. economy is compromised though as a result of Rim/profiles.

Big difference in seats too. Very firm but still comfortable. You feel very much planted.. I’m continuing to do long journeys and they’re still comfy but not to the same extent as the prem though. 

As you’d anticipate no discernible difference in actual performance, very similar. If anything the prem felt quicker.. but that’d be due to the slightly lower weight in the main

I’m only 2months in but have already covered 2.8k. Winter too of course.. 

looks great though tbh… so I’ll cope with the reduced economy 

Pete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ken R said:

My NX450H Premium Plus is 2 years old next month and given the delivery timescales I am looking ahead to a possible change. I am considering a NX450h f-sport. Does any member who has moved from a NX450h Premium to a NX f-sport wish to share their thoughts particularly in terms of ride quality?

Ken, I'm sure you are living my life in parallel to me!!! 😁

I've been having a similar debate with myself today - I've had 2 emails from Lexus Leeds. One inviting me to have a meeting with their Retention Manager to look at how my PCP is going and the other inviting me to their Priority Access Event where they've got some bonus offers available!!  (I don't know which is the 'take it with a pinch of salt' emoji) 🫢

I've been around the motor trade long enough to know they are just drumming up enquiries.

Anyway, it did get me thinking. Like your car, mine is 2 years old on March 1st and whether it might be worth finding out how long it would take to build and deliver a new one these days as well as whether I could get a deal that would suit me.

I won't be tempted by the F-Sport though - I remember test driving one when the first few cars were in the UK and being a gentlemen with quite a 'stocky' build (fat) !!! I found the bolsters on the seats too snug for me.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

All show and no go.

I find it quite odd that my IS200t F sport looks very sporty but is definitely not, and the ISF which looks fairly plain to the uninitiated is definitely very sporty. A bit like it is the wrong way round.  Sheep and Wolves come to mind.🤔

The nice thing about the F sport is the dash display, wheels and grille, that's about it for me.

18 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

Ken, I'm sure you are living my life in parallel to me!!! 😁

I've been having a similar debate with myself today - I've had 2 emails from Lexus Leeds. One inviting me to have a meeting with their Retention Manager to look at how my PCP is going and the other inviting me to their Priority Access Event where they've got some bonus offers available!!  (I don't know which is the 'take it with a pinch of salt' emoji) 🫢

I've been around the motor trade long enough to know they are just drumming up enquiries.

Anyway, it did get me thinking. Like your car, mine is 2 years old on March 1st and whether it might be worth finding out how long it would take to build and deliver a new one these days as well as whether I could get a deal that would suit me.

I won't be tempted by the F-Sport though - I remember test driving one when the first few cars were in the UK and being a gentlemen with quite a 'stocky' build (fat) !!! I found the bolsters on the seats too snug for me.

Ha, ha Alan.

I got a communication late last year to say my finance agreement was "nearing the end" when in fact it had 15 months to run. Queried this with the dealer and it appears its all down to the delivery timescales albeit they are much improved. They said that I would be invited to their VIP event weekend and in fact I am going tomorrow. They have an NX450H f-sport en-route at present and have given me an option on it. Gut feeling is that it's just a bit early for me to change but never say never- if the deal is beyond amazing I may be tempted!

Alternatively and like you I may look to order early for delivery later in the year and if so will consider a Takumi.

• Like 3

Hi Ken,

Strangely enough I have also being thinking of soon changing from a march 22 450h premium plus but I remember testing a sport and finding the seats uncomfortable and wondering if the takumi seats are as comfortable as my current seats. Also it would be interesting to hear from you after the visit, regarding any deals, part exchange, delivery time, etc. Many thanks and good luck! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Serguei said:

Lexus is not a “sporty car”, so I am not sure why one would go for a “sport”.

which is why I went for a Takumi. 

I only went for the sport because the colour I wanted was the fsport exclusive.

having tried the extra takumi as a courtesy car I would probably go for that myself next time as the seats are far comfier than in the sport

• Like 2

I have had my F Sport for only 2 weeks and agree that it is not a Sporty car.  It is firmer and with less roll than the standard Premium Plus that I tested.  It feels well connected to the road and the steering is solid.  I think that the seats are great and they fit me and mine very well - again on the firm side but supportive without any pressure points.  I covered about 150 miles today on all road types, including single track with horrific potholes and, frankly, I am genuinely impressed.  Would the Premium Plus on 18" wheels have performed as well, or better, I don't know!

I have just come from a very sporty BMW and am loving the new experience.  I think that the term 'Sport' is misleading and it seems to be raising a few hackles - there are no extra horses or special engine tuniing etc.  it is just the regular car with a different setup for those who prefer a firmer and more 'connected' feel to their driving.   The Takumi would not suit me but I am glad that others find tpleasure in driving that version of this terrific car. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Warthog001 said:

I have had my F Sport for only 2 weeks and agree that it is not a Sporty car.  It is firmer and with less roll than the standard Premium Plus that I tested.  It feels well connected to the road and the steering is solid.  I think that the seats are great and they fit me and mine very well - again on the firm side but supportive without any pressure points.  I covered about 150 miles today on all road types, including single track with horrific potholes and, frankly, I am genuinely impressed.  Would the Premium Plus on 18" wheels have performed as well, or better, I don't know!

Premium Plus has 20" wheels, I haven't checked but think it might be the entry level Premium that has 18" wheels.

• Like 2

I am still a bit new to Lexus but my understanding is that they are all basically the same with slightly different styling.

One of the reasons that I went for the F sport was the 20" wheels. I prefer the look of them although the ride will be slightly more firm (than the 18"). I was actually planning on buying a Takumi in black as I wanted a sunroof but preferred the styling of the F sport and just added a sunroof. I also changed the colour 😀

I like the "F sport" name. It just denotes a different style and I can't really think of a name that I would prefer. A lot of manufacturers have some terrible model names in my opinion (some good cars I would hate to own because of the stupid name 🙈😅).

I agree that the NX is not "sporty". It is an SUV, not a 911 however with 300hp it is not a slow car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to rectify the view that all the NX’s are the same, the reason I went for the F-Sport was for the AVS, which isn’t available on any other NX.

After experiencing AVS on the RX for 5 years I decided that it was something that I wanted to retain if downsizing to the NX. 

Additionally I deduced that the Takumi only provided me with one option which I would have liked which is “Front cross alert assist,” but I wasn’t willing to shell out a further £4k and give up the AVS just to have front cross alert assist. I decided I could make do with the side view from the front cameras. 

The seats in the F-Sport I find to be very comfortable and hugging, not quite as deep in the cushion as the RX F-Sport seats, but seats I can and have spent the biggest part of a day in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

Just to rectify the view that all the NX’s are the same, the reason I went for the F-Sport was for the AVS, which isn’t available on any other NX.

After experiencing AVS on the RX for 5 years I decided that it was something that I wanted to retain if downsizing to the NX. 

Additionally I deduced that the Takumi only provided me with one option which I would have liked which is “Front cross alert assist,” but I wasn’t willing to shell out a further £4k and give up the AVS just to have front cross alert assist. I decided I could make do with the side view from the front cameras. 

The seats in the F-Sport I find to be very comfortable and hugging, not quite as deep in the cushion as the RX F-Sport seats, but seats I can and have spent the biggest part of a day in.

Good point about AVS.

I certainly find the seats to be very comfortable and "passengers" have been happy too.

On 2/10/2024 at 5:07 PM, Scotlex said:

Good point about AVS.

I certainly find the seats to be very comfortable and "passengers" have been happy too.

I mean I have 300h but I have  been researching the nx for fun I mean there is no big of a difference maybe on the engine and suspension but you luxury features would be limited like the other models u might not get some features 

Just now, Lexusfan123 said:

I mean I have 300h but I have  been researching the nx for fun I mean there is no big of a difference maybe on the engine and suspension but you luxury features would be limited like the other models u might not get some features 

*the

6 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Hello Ken,

How did the VIP event go? Anything interesting to report? 

Cheers! 

Second that. Hope the new cars has sorted all the bugs together with wireless android auto.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:37 PM, Serguei said:

Lexus is not a “sporty car”, so I am not sure why one would go for a “sport”.

which is why I went for a Takumi. 

Amen to that; F-sport is a bit of an "eunuch" when it comes to being sporty, so simply obey your inner Gentleman and travel in style and comfort.... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Hello Ken,

How did the VIP event go? Anything interesting to report? 

Cheers! 

Good event, brilliant customer care and hospitality as expected. There appears to be a number of NX450h models available for immediate delivery in the UK with a further shipment en route. Therefore there are no factory orders being accepted at the moment although thats a temporary measure. Cars still being delivered with only one key fob though. There is no known information presently on any tweaks that may be made to the NX for the new model year.  Offer to change was competitive and near to the top end of what I expected however the combination of colour, trim and options that I would wish were not currently available. Dealer worked hard to offer alternatives with various incentives but I haven't signed on the dotted line yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lsft published a video 3 days ago with his thoughts on the 2025 model that you  ight be interested in. Of course, he is talking of the Canadian market but his overall view might give an insight to the way Lexus  Japan is thinking.

Many thanks Ken, wouldn't expect a "good Scotsman"? to sign anything straight away! 😂

Is your 450h Sonic gray with tan interior? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Many thanks Ken, wouldn't expect a "good Scotsman"? to sign anything straight away! 😂

Is your 450h Sonic gray with tan interior? 

No it's Graphite Black with Hazel (tan). Was offered an F-Sport with the Black/rich cream trim that I was keen on but would need to have Graphite Black again. My previous NX was Graphite Black so was looking for a change!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links