Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

then went through the Infotainment Settings screens from top to bottom. I found some of my preferences needed to be set again (such as linking my key, pairing with my phone) but others were remembered, presumably stored along with my account info at Lexus. 

Touch wood, several on/off cycles and a couple of journeys later, and all seems to be well and the connection arrows have remained blue (connected) since performing the above.

Hope this helps and works for you. Good Luck!

Thank you Malcolm for your very clear and detailed fix and glad to hear that it worked for you. 

However as someone who is not that tech savvy when it comes to actual resets etc, and with respect, if part of the work was not understandable and scary for you.... then I have decided to leave well alone.

It is such an annoyance, disappointment, and shame that a high end luxury expensive vehicle should have these ongoing MultiMedia /app type of problems, and at the same time told by the media of excellent Lexus reliability. Like many others I have lost count of the number of 'updates' for phones, PCs, apps, etc over the years with no problems whatsoever.

I will try to ignore the let down and hope that between now and the next service, some further fix 'update' becomes available although that in it self could be scary !!

I wonder how many Lexus owners up and down the country have the same issue right now.

• Like 2

I don't know if mine has run an update or whether it's down to now having the second key - but literally all my settings are up the wall at the moment. 

Firstly, it started by my seat not sliding forwards when starting the car. I had to press my memory seat button to get it to wake up. Luckily, this is an issue which hasn't repeated since.

Next issue is that the climate control knobs now work in tandem with one another rather than separately. For instance, if I put the drivers side to 23oC - the passenger side will mirror it.

I'm classed as a 'guest' in my own car, no matter how many times I go into the settings and select my phone (which it accepts). As soon as I leave the car and jump back in, I'm a 'guest' again. 

Similar to the above (assuming it's phone related) - I'm now having the blue 'terms and conditions' screen appear each and every time I start the car. It now won't automatically skip past this as it always used to.  

What on earth have they done!? 

I think a dealer visit is in order as I really don't have the patience to deal with this. 

Just logged on for the first time in ages, to see if I’m alone in having problems after the latest software update…and clearly I’m not!

Most of my issues seem to be quite common :-

Journeys not being tracked, constantly having to accept terms and conditions, no traffic information flows etc. I took the same action as @Harrier Man and reset everything I could find…personal info, restore factory settings, deleted LL+ app, and then reinstalled.

Having just spent 30+ minutes in the car (READY MODE ON), I have just about managed to get things back to normal. Having been out a couple of times, the traffic flow is working, and I’m not being asked to accept terms and conditions every time.🤞this has worked. Journeys are still not being recorded though…that I can live with until the car goes in for a service shortly. 

User Acceptance Testing (UAT) clearly has not been undertaken, before this update was implemented which is very disappointing. I’m a relatively young Lexus owner, so can brave most of this stuff out for myself. Lord help the typical demographic, they must be quite disappointed and frustrated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gary H said:

I don't know if mine has run an update or whether it's down to now having the second key - but literally all my settings are up the wall at the moment. 

Firstly, it started by my seat not sliding forwards when starting the car. I had to press my memory seat button to get it to wake up. Luckily, this is an issue which hasn't repeated since.

Next issue is that the climate control knobs now work in tandem with one another rather than separately. For instance, if I put the drivers side to 23oC - the passenger side will mirror it.

I'm classed as a 'guest' in my own car, no matter how many times I go into the settings and select my phone (which it accepts). As soon as I leave the car and jump back in, I'm a 'guest' again. 

Similar to the above (assuming it's phone related) - I'm now having the blue 'terms and conditions' screen appear each and every time I start the car. It now won't automatically skip past this as it always used to.  

What on earth have they done!? 

I think a dealer visit is in order as I really don't have the patience to deal with this. 

Sounds like it's picking up the second unregistered key rather than the one you normally used.

3 hours ago, Gary H said:

Sounds like you have the climate control "synch" option enabled. You'll notice this button alongside all the other heating controls under the Infotainment screen. If it's highlighted in blue, it will synch both left and right sides. 

As @AWC has stated, I think your other issues are related to the introduction of the second key. What key is now your primary one? If not already, I would revert to your original key and keep the one you've just received as the spare. 

• Like 1

Hope this helps.
I too suffered with all mentioned in other articles , in the end took my car back to dealer and Customer Service assisted.
He took several steps from what i could see.
Removed car from account on App.
Reset account and changed Password to access.
Logged back in and added car back.

Switched car back on verified info system and logged back in.

Then in my profile he changed setting to my Key not my phone.

All has been ok since apart from having to add all favourites on sat nav and any other settings i had , like "Please check you have not left a child in back of car" why ??? 

You may be able to achieve all of the above by just updating profile to the Key.

Hi 

new Lexus owner, hence first ever post.

i have updated the software today. It seemed to upload and install successfully but now I have to accept the terms and conditions every time I start the car. Is this normal?

As soon as I logged in using my profile instead of being in “guest” mode, the privacy request has stopped popping up. Result thanks 

• Like 1

In continuation of this subject i.e updates during Feb ;  [Sorry unable to copy link to this post.]

Try going to the Lexus UK magazine website under section "do you have any questions"

Look to end of Feb questions/ comments and Lexus replies ....that says it all. 

I wonder how long this fix will take....in the meantime...... Yours frustrated !!!!!

Well I am truly hacked off with it, thought I had fixed it yesterday, all up and running and now recording trips until this morning! Back to guest profile and terms and conditions screen etc. Just turned it off I honestly can’t be bothered with it anymore, what a pile of tech junk on a £40k car, Lexus/Toyota should hang their heads in shame.

Well I am truly hacked off with it, thought I had fixed it yesterday, all up and running and now recording trips until this morning! Back to guest profile and terms and conditions screen etc. Just turned it off I honestly can’t be bothered with it anymore, what a pile of tech junk on a £40k car, Lexus/Toyota should hang their heads in shame.

*just went to the car, turned it on and its all working again, I GIVE UP!*

I managed to solve the problem of data being off… I did have to remove, reset, and re-add my profile twice. No idea why it seems to have worked after the second attempt… but it just has! 

By re-adding my profile, all my settings seem to have been re-downloaded correctly, just had to re-pair my Iphone.

8 hours ago, Tickedon said:

I managed to solve the problem of data being off… I did have to remove, reset, and re-add my profile twice. No idea why it seems to have worked after the second attempt… but it just has! 

By re-adding my profile, all my settings seem to have been re-downloaded correctly, just had to re-pair my iPhone.

Could be the network is so slow it takes ages to download all your data, possibly leaving it longer between resets would have been successful?

On 2/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, AWC said:

This video shows you how to do it from 38:50.

Thanks AWC this worked for me.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:13 PM, wivenhoe said:

I had a problem with Siri in messages in CarPlay. After dictating a text Siri would only read back the first word !  Consequently, sending a text I had no way of knowing whether Siri had compiled it correctly. Did a lot of research and concluded it was caused by IOS 17 - I updated to IOS Development Beta and problem solved. Maybe that is your issue. 

New here. I've been struggling for months now with this same issue. Lexus nor apple are giving me any answers. Is yours still fixed with the software you have. I'm on iOS 17.4. It's driving me nuts. 

On 2/29/2024 at 1:40 PM, Alan Coley said:

Hi 

new Lexus owner, hence first ever post.

i have updated the software today. It seemed to upload and install successfully but now I have to accept the terms and conditions every time I start the car. Is this normal?

Hi, new also. Was getting this also. I think signing in to Lexus account in settings helps (typing details on the screen keyboard). I also went to link account (even though is said it was linked) , scanned QR code & signed in to a Toyota site on my phone. I'm not getting the 'accept Terms' thing anymore.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:40 PM, hintonwood said:

YES Andy, I have the same issue. No trips recorded and no current car location.🤬

Local dealer did the software upgrade for me the other day. They removed my car from Link app & then added back in again, with signing into my account. App working fine for me,

22 hours ago, Nexi350 said:

New here. I've been struggling for months now with this same issue. Lexus nor Apple are giving me any answers. Is yours still fixed with the software you have. I'm on iOS 17.4. It's driving me nuts. 

I haven’t upgraded to 17.4 yet but nothing fixed. I believe someone running their phone on a beta version has said that it works ok on that so I think it is an apple problem and might come in some future update. 
It only started happening to me when I update to iOS 17 so I now don’t use Siri unless absolutely necessary and I end up sending messages blind as it doesn’t read them out 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SA1 said:

I haven’t upgraded to 17.4 yet but nothing fixed. I believe someone running their phone on a beta version has said that it works ok on that so I think it is an Apple problem and might come in some future update. 
It only started happening to me when I update to iOS 17 so I now don’t use Siri unless absolutely necessary and I end up sending messages blind as it doesn’t read them out 

Thanks. It's very frustrating. Be careful of sending messages blind though. My recipients get "what do you want" at the other end lol. Might investigate the beta version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to trying the steps to turn the data link back on. I was about to follow the instructions above but the very first screen I came to under "Info & Security" had several options including "Activate all data" which was off. Selecting this to "on" brought up the "blue screen of agreement" after which the communication icon was now no longer greyed out. There was a warning about not all services being available that might require pressing the power button (presumed to mean infotainment power) for 3 seconds - so far I've not done this. I also needed to select "Use voice data" to on again which presumably explains why when I've tried to use "Hey Lexus" it has been continually saying it couldn't understand me; the agreement screen again appeared. With these selected I noticed traffic information was back on the map which had also been missing.

So far the app hasn't updated to show recent trips since I did the software update but will give it some time to do so before trying the full reset.

At least I seem to have re-established remote communications.

TL;DR - under "Info & Security" check that both "Activate all data" and "Use voice data" are selected to "on".

Hopefully all will be well now but do keep an eye on the communication icon. I found that I had to reconnect every trip until I did the reset. I didn't find it necessary to press the power button as you describe. 

If you do need to go down the reset route, your journey data may not appear straight away. It did for me but it took a few days before it reliably appeared for a friend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Hopefully all will be well now but do keep an eye on the communication icon. I found that I had to reconnect every trip until I did the reset. I didn't find it necessary to press the power button as you describe. 

If you do need to go down the reset route, your journey data may not appear straight away. It did for me but it took a few days before it reliably appeared for a friend.

Yes unfortunately on next power cycle it has disconnected again, redid the steps but next power cycle back to the grey icon, so the reset it is going to have to be ...

• Sad 1

I posted info on 26 February that should help you. Hopefully, having gone through the steps you've already taken, it won't be too bigger step to do the reset. Good luck.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:06 PM, knotfooled said:

Just installed, lost all history in navigation and Hey Lexus has gone. Any voice commands are met with " your phone does not support this" Hopeless. Updates are supposed to improve functions!

Mine still not working..Tried everything..Given up on it Sadly..!!!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links