Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I’ve always thought that a Toroid tank, situated in the wheel well in boot, was the best solution. But, having seen a 430 using a ‘cylinder’ located just behind the rear seats, it looks as if there’s still quite a useable boot space.

i don’t know the capacity of this cylinder-does anyone have lpg using this? I might be converted!

All I have do is sell my RAV 3door car and I’ll be back to Lexus!

Good point Malc.  This comment on the subject from the guy who collected a Rear Screen for me from Northampton and also brought my Lexus back from France a couple of years ago with LPG in his Range Rover " 

Shell stopped selling LPG a couple of years ago with the removal of LPG at 206 filling stations.  They had a company, Autogas Ltd, that was a joint venture between Shell and Calor.  The two of them had a falling out so the company was dissolved and all Shell stations were told that they could no longer supply LPG and to take the pumps out.  Those owned by Shell themselves did just that but a few of the Shell branded franchises have carried on selling it as if Shell cannot supply they are free to go elsewhere. "

He couldn't get filled up at Morrisons and nearest being Sudbury (40 miles)he was told that they had none as it was priority for consumer Gas bottles.  Only advantage is that he has a Crit Air sticker Classe 1 for Paris and other French cities with LPG

• Like 1

My jag had the toroidal tank and even though it was small it was grand as the filling station is only 2 miles from here (and they still do LPG) so in my case if I felt the need it would not be an issue. If you have not done so already a quick check to see what stations near you have it would sort that out. 

• 1 month later...

There is a lpg app called myLPG.eu which enables you to search for the nearest lpg filling stations in particular areas. I have found it easy to use and very helpful.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links