Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blimey, a 1991 Ls400 for sale

1991 Lexus LS 4.0 400 4dr for sale for £8,790 in London, Middlesex (autotrader.co.uk)

This looks quite amazing and all original they say .............

same colour and year as mine but obviously more immaculate and pristine and with it's original hifi set-up  ......  just a few speedo miles less tho' and NOT to be used everyday methinks .  well, only if you want to keep it's value and not get the enjoyment from her .......  and that would be a waste ............. and it's non-interference cambelt so's not to worry if it's not been changed too often ( or at all ) .......  I don't remember it being ever specified with this model tbh

ENJOY

Malc

• Like 1

Full Lexus service history too, Malc! And seats look like they've never been sat in, all this for a 23 year old car - someone clearly looked after this example!

I really like this color too, it looks so understated yet elegant.

6 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Looks amazing. What was it with the 90s and "Ruched leather"? 🤣

QUALITY  KWALITY  QUALITY  😉

Malc

They've added more pictures of this car, including some of the underneath, Malc - it's completely rust free! It's cleaner underneath that some new cars are after a wash 🙂

All original toolkit still intact, spotless interior, whoever had this car must have taken really good care of it and had it garaged no doubt.

J2 PKW is the reg plate and what's interesting is that for a car registered on 1 August 1991, the MOT records only start in 2006 - does anyone know why this is so? Also revealing is the fact that it was taken off the road somewhere between 2016 and 2017, as its last MOT expired in December 2017, so there could be some work to be done to bring it up to standard. That said, I won't be surprised if it still starts on the button! 

Image 31 of 34

46 minutes ago, MaximusPrime said:

what's interesting is that for a car registered on 1 August 1991, the MOT records only start in 2006 - does anyone know why this is so?

All MOTs pre 2006 will not "exist" when checking online as the test was not "computerised" yet.

• Like 3

To be fair the exhaust on the LS400s were factory stainless steel with the exception of the Y pipe so will all look this good.

How much crud has accumulated inside the rear wheel arch lips is a better indication of care along with the condition of the rear subframe and suspension components.

I must confess the driver’s seat looks as new with none of the cracking or wear normally present.

• Like 1

Max hi, I suspect the owner just gave up driving and couldn't bear to part with his car and laid it up for a while  ....... garaged and washed sometimes and hence tiny mileage ...... possibly a totally rust free car  ................... 

with even the Y pipe good for another 100k miles 🤣

The vendor will give it all a spruce-up and regular service and a fresh MOT  ............... might last another 33 years even doing 10k miles per annum 

If I bought such a car I would just use her as a main car and get the full enjoyment from such wonderful motoring 

As I do ......... driving around in a pair of elderly Ls400s is utter JOY 

Malc

• Like 2

any fresh MOT should reveal any issues to worry about with rust and failing springs ……. new springs fitted, yes, looks probable 👍

I remember my 95 car had one fresh new spring when I bought her at 123k miles, ( 2011 ) reinstated by the owner when converting back from DHP for me on purchase ….. the original springs he had safely stored but when re-fitting discovered one had just “ snapped / broken “ whilst in storage ……. They are prone to sadly just “ snapping  “ and can be piecemeal replaced …… assuming they’re still available ! 

Malc 

Reading up on the Nexen tyres ……. one might want to replace on quality BUT not sure of that necessary size availability these days ! They’re 15” I remember 🤔

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links