Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus LS 400 2000/X

…..thank you guy’s for your so kind comment’s - much appreciated !

I do understand many of you really believe your Leader lives’s in a fantasy world !

and you would be right, most of the time I do ! sometime’s I do take my responsobilitie’s seriously, though.

wanted to post the follow on image to show you all, me working ! 🙄 taken around 13.20 hrs. today following collection of passenger after 2 hour treatment. about 5.5 hour round trip including waiting !

….sorry about about the tailback, officer - just had to take a snap for my Gang ! 😳

factoid ! last Saturday I asked you all to search Danny and The Junior’s to watch their, appalling, mono gig. their view count at the time………..1.384 million view’s !

look today, it read’s…………1.390 million view’s- that’s 6.000 additional view’s in a matter of day’s !!

15 of those are mine !! 😲

…..now, here’s a funny thing ! 🙄

on the way to the pick up this morning - decided to buy a bottle of mineral water at the corner shop - in case my passenger or I needed a drink during the journey.

whilst waiting to collect - I idly read the label on the back of the bottle - this is what I read:

….’ this water come’s from a glacier that is 2 million year’s old.

filtered over layer’s of calcium and limestone over thousand’s of years….

to bring you this natural mineral water ‘

check out the neck - in print, show’s a best before date of 22 . 07 . 2024 !! 😲

you could not make it up - but they did !!

anthony

IMG_0448.jpeg

….have I had many car’s in my time, you ask ?…..

my fist car was a 1948 Austin 16 at the age of 17 - swapped it for an 8mm- cine-camera (cost £25!).

second was a 1955 Vauxhall Cresta at 18 !

@ 19 fell in love, and purchased, a 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Convertible in white with white interior (£150) ! gridlock in, crowded, Croydon High Street, retracted power hood, brought every pedestrian to a standstill, gawping in utter astonshiment-1963 🙄 ( mono image below ).

there followed a stream of cars including 2 further Cadillac’s.

back in the 90’s I bought a white Cadillac Seville (see image’s)-the interior was bright scarlet trim - just like a ladie’s (?) boudoir ! 🫣. guess who I sold it to you ? remember the late Max Bygraves ?, lived in Bournemouth nearby.

my 3rd Cadillac (90’s) was an early 60’s Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible 7.2 litre 150 bhp ? 😃 ! ( 20 year’s earlier was  very close to buying Diana Dor’s ( remember the blonde bombshell ? ) bright yellow duplicate ). found this one in a workshop - £15k just spent on repair’s to pass mot !? I paid £3.500 for it (new reg no)!! note, optional show grill. you can only keep a car’s reg if it has an mot - check the number plate to be retained ! a fair investment I think ! 😲 (see image’s).

love old yank’s ! note my 1986 5.0 litre mustang hard top, mine was black on grey. very last of the carb model pre fuel injection. the fastest car Ford had made to that date pre injection !,😲. 4 speed manual - necessary to wear brown trouser’s when holding 2nd gear ! 😃🙄

the Chevrolet Silverado pick-up was 5.7 litres ! the entire rig was 56’ long - on a normal car licence !? 😲 brought the house down every where we travelled ! only sold it in the end because alway’s queue’s of curious caravan site camper’s wanting to see inside. one compete side extended out under power!

some additional ( 4 album’s ! ) image’s of so many other car’s and bike’s I have owned ! and many more. + all the new Company Car’s I have chosen! 

must be well over 100 vehicles over 62 year’s - enjoy - I certainly did !!

Mercede-Benz 560 SEC - check plate I bought fot her, him, other - nice !

anthony

the blue S Class 5.0 W140 reg I bought - BIG(6) BAY ( my initial’s ) - left on car when sold, felt such a t****r driving it - lesson learn’t. ☹️

IMG_0455.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg

There’s some really nice cars there BUT of course the pinnacle …… which you finally managed to achieve …….. your Lexus Ls400  😄

Malc 

…..sadly, Malcolm, too many nice car’s to post here - probably complete another 8 View Page’s ! 😲

as a qualified ‘old git I want to, briefly, return to my last post !

I, apologise, Gang for reeling off model’s of car’s you may not, necessarily, be familiar with. born in the 60’s ? - your now in your 60’s ! 70’s ? - your 50’s !

what is an Austin 16 - a Cresta ? 
I show below images of both said vehicle’s:

the Austin had a standard fit system that, to my extensive knowledge, no longer exist’s on any car’s in the 21st Century ! (would make an unique option today ! ).

the system ? The Jackall System. a factory fitted, hydraulic, jacking system to raise the car up front or rear or all by about 2-3 inche’s ( sorry - 5 to 7.5 cms ) operated by a manual pump in the engine bay ( bigger car’s were electric powered, same as my 1955 4 litre Vanden Plas ( Dutch- prounounced Plass, not Plar - the champagne Moët & Chandon is Moett not Moay 🙄 - true ! ) owner / driver saloon. (famous for their limousine’s )

The Cresta was fitted with an optional factory fit ‘valve’ 😲 medium wave / long waveband radio ( where did they go ? no fm in the 50’s, of course ! ).

you will have seen, previously, the detailed Lexus Dealer service history that is recorded for my year 2000 Lexus LS 400. silly-billy, forgot to ask Lexus Edinburgh ( 08.2021 ) for previous Lexus history - they will supply, if asked, but no customer data revealed.

off topic 😳 tip, gang, one of my password’s is the registration number of my first, ever, 2 car’s ! who would know them, except me ? 12 for me - 14 for you (!) character’s is a strong password ! how would a hacker work out the correct sequence of number’s and letter’s ? someone will post ‘piece of cake’ - I shall remain blissfully ignorant as I am both computer incompetent and illiterate 😳. 2002, my first Vaio 15” laptop - took me 3 day’s to work out how to open the lid   !😳 😲.

you have all heard the phrase ‘buyer’s remorse’. you know the feeling, you buy a seriously big ticket item - then feel seriously guilty and get cold feet - have you made the best decision, is it too late to change your mind ? 😲. if I signed up, now, and became welded in to a 40 year mortgage - serious remorse would follow 😲 😲 ?

well, gang, I’m now suffering the reverse condition -‘seller’s  remorse’ ! -  am not sure I want to sell my car, now !😳

yesterday, was social centre day, have to collect 3, elderly ladie’s and run them in to a local community centre - then return them home, after lunch.

was sitting in my year 2000 Lexus LS 400, in the driver’s seat, idly surveying the interior. cannot believe the totally unmarked leather interior is nearly 24 year’s old ( let alone 170k+ wear and tear mile’s ). felt I was sitting in a new car in a Lexus showroom ! this really is a sensational car - even in 2024- few people have ever seen one ! (certainly none of my mot engineer’s ! 😲. my W123 just doe’s not come close ! 

looked down at the key lock between the fuel flap and boot release. you know, in nearly 3 tear’s had never pressed the barrel- terrified it would not release thus no access to fuel or boot 😲 ! soddit, press it it locked up 😲, cautiously, inserted the valet key, the shaft would not even fit in. round to the boot lock - exactly the same effect - so all correct ! entered remote key into internal lock, phew, barrel ejected - key work’s ! ( never use remote key to open boot lock - why? - because I worry about metal fatigue, imagine if the shaft sheered off ! 😲 😲 😲 😲 ! the boot release key on remote work’s ok.

…….back soon, gang….

anthony

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

Vauxhall Cresta and Wyvern I remember. just, my dad drove one ( or other new in the day ) 

Like you, I’m afeared to put a key in that barrel …….. not been used in 29 and 33 years respectively maybe  ….., I’m not that brave ……, just in case it seizes 😅

Mk1V Ls400 ……. are you keeping her now ? 

Malc 

….hi - all ! a little quiet today as just returned from another Edinburgh Clinic run + again, tomorrow, Friday - that’s 3 this week !

now then, listen, Gang - I need you all on the top line - you need to be best in class ! 🙄.

concerning video pick me up’s:

so, the Danny and The Juniors video ( now 1.392 million view’s ) doe’s not help here !

if you are down, you will go down further 😲, if you are up, you will go down ☹️

ideally, John Wines playing solo guitar to Queen’s ‘we will rock you’ on America’s Got Talent ( though he is clearly English 🙄 ! ) will have helped lift you all - a bit ! 😃 .

but I need to lift you all - higher !

I want you all to search ‘You’ know who: 

Tina Turner - better be good to me - live Barcelona 1990

70.000 fan’s, Tina is 50 (😲), if you speak Spanish you will feel at home ! 22.027 view’s in 3 year’s ).

..Watch for the handrail ( neatly avoided , initially ) centre stage. 

..watch Tina switch mic’s at 2.56 from cable to remote - why ?

..watch trio take 7 sync step’s to front of stage.

..6.01 when Tina ask’s audience ‘do you want me’ ? - listen to audience              
          response.

…if, in the 14 minute’s, not a single fibre move’s  in your body - you are, deffo………Ai !! 😲

enjoy ! 😃

anthony

Anthony  .......  how's the sale progressing ?  still for sale even ?

Malc

….you must all believe my ‘ post barrage’ is nearly over - not long now ! 🙄 😃

tina video - what were you doing at 50 ? ( if you are currently less, you are only ever a few year’s away from the 50 Something Club ! 🤪 ).

certainly not holding the handrail of a 54’, purpose made, extending ( by cable - not hydraulic, for smoothness ) jib - performing to a 70k+ audience in Barcelona !

yesterday (Friday) was my final agency return trip (121m) to the Edinburgh Clinic behind the wheel of my beloved year 2000 Lexus LS 400 ☹️.

fuel consumption of your LS, Anthony ? I bet you are thinking !

ok,I will prove my fuel consumption for you !

70% of the journey from where I live (A7 ⬆️) is a single lane road ☹️), say 25mph average. then a, brief, 70mph dual carriage-way (city by-pass) followed  by entry to the City of Edinburgh.

see my most recent Fuel Receipt below ( forgive my scribble ) - 27 mpg ! 😲 - for a 4.0 litre, 290 bhp V8 limo - how good is that ? 😍.

alway’s ignore my Lexus on-board, flight deck, digital mpg display - alway’s 1 mpg optimistic. 

will only ever fill my car’s with Shell E5 or E10 ( Esso, Tesco, BP etc have similar rating’s - but I just believe the Big S is the best - call me old fashioned + gullible to marketing 🙄 !  ).

as previously posted my LS is listed to run on E10 (how did Toyota know about Ethanol additive in the 21st Century, back in the 90’s ?). I fill E5 and E10 on alternate fill’s. my W123, of course, must only be run on E5 !.

calculate mpg every time I top up ( total capacity is 22.5 gallon’s - you can calculate the litre’s 😳 ) using the fill-to-fill figures. alway’s top up at 50% level - feel’s a cheaper fill - 🙄 ! mpg have never resulted in less than 21 mpg (true) but, my longest journey, to LexTek Sheffield ( 400 mile round trip via A1/A1M ) returned…………..35mpg (true !).

sale status, Malcolm ? very close now, half a dozen Member approache’s - watch this space ! 🙄.

actually on topic today (😲), for a change !

hey, Gang - remember my Personal Registration Plate O Y Y 6 5 5 ( now on retention certificate ) is available, but not included with LS ? paid £550 for it in 90’s (off a 1955 morris minor 😳) - your’s for £500 - bargain dateless plate for your new Lexus LC Convertible ! 🫠 😃.

…’ may the best of your past be the worst of your future’…..

back soon, at nearly 5️⃣ . 0️⃣ 0️⃣ 0️⃣ View’s - you know you want me to….

anthony

IMG_0464.jpeg

85.1 ltrs and E5, forum posts indicate more fuel efficient and economic by using less E5 than if you put in E10 for the same miles 

Whatever, the low fuel light ( on my Mk3 ) pops on with 100 miles remaining and consumption is dictated by one’s right foot mode AND for me early 30’s mpg on a good hard run, down to late teens poodling  around 

Its a little disingenuous to overly worry about mpg when one’s driving a 4ltr V8 limo 😂

Just refuel before the worry beads start eh ! 😇

Keep us posted on the sale progress please and in the meantime your pax are enjoying limo trips to hospital whatever ……. lucky them 👍

Good luck with the sale ……. hope you don’t regret the parting of ways 

Malc 

….back again, so soon…! ☹️🙂

was just idly thinking…….in 18 day’s this is Post No: 115 ( average 6 per day 😲) - now that is a ‘post barrage’ ! 🤪.

1. have never before written a ‘post’ - in my life ! 😲. ( my First Lexus, too ! ).

2. I believe you, The Gang, have, seriously, let me off lightly ! only a very, very few of     
    you have challenged / questioned me on subject’s I have ‘created’ - was expecting     
    a lot , lot worse !

let me put it this way, as I fast approach The Final Curtain:

throughout my contribution’s, as a newbie, I have felt it was like flying a Lancaster / B 17 during the night / day in WW2 on a mission to cross Holland and Germany to attack Berlin with my ‘post’s’ (🙄) !

….all the flight time watching and waiting, nervously, for the inevitable flak / luftwaffe night fightet’s / day fighter’s……….except, virtually, no confrontation  - whatsoever ! 😲.

I thank you all, Gang, for what had been, for me, a relatively easy and so fun flight !😃

anthony

ps: Malcolm, re fill-to-fill’s - now a lifelong habit! ☹️ 😳. lucky to achieve 23mpg from the 2.3 litre W123 ! ☹️.

• Like 1

The Ls400 is really a thing of some beauty …… just watching my N reg one across the road here from a seat bench in leafy beautiful Headcorn high street ….. Kent

Sun’s  not out, rain neither …… I’d so miss her ……. You sure you’re doing right by yourself in selling yours ?   Will be a wrench …….. heap of junk old Merc to substitute, nah never surely 🤔

Malc 

….she, him, other, sadly, is wasted on me, Malcolm ! ☹️.

I just don’t do the mileage anymore, ( more time spent cleaning than driving ! ), so difficult to justify ! ☹️. (11k in 3 year’s).

your right, the W123 doe’s not come close - a distant, but in it’s day, leading edge technology - better precision assembled than a Rolls - Royce ! 

anthony

….used to own a very rare 1957 Roll’s - Canardly ! 😲

would roll down one hill and canardly get up the next one………! 🤭

• Haha 1

….many, many moon’s ago I purchased, covertly, a very rare prototype vehicle from the Rover Head Office - Design Department in Coventry ! 🤫.

a failed project but million’s invested - never even released to the, then, media - even now the design is not listed in the automotive history book’s ! 🤔.

the plan was to design and build the then entry level Austin Allegro but upgrade the interior and some external piece’s to reflect the quality image of the top Rover executive / premium saloon of the time ! 😲.                            

……….the name selected ?

………..Allegover ! 🤪 😃

relax, Gang, shall be leaving soon - promise !

anthony

• Like 1

….laughing and smiling on a  Club post site - who is this, outrageous, intruder ? 😲.

again, sorry about the gag’s, Gang, but they are in-built in me . ☹️.

joined the agency 2 year’s ago as a volunteer Driver.

I often have to attend many of the agency’s Social Club (SC) location’s throughout The Scottish Border’s (about 9). my task, depending on the roster, is to collect pensioner’s from their home’s and jet them in to their nearest SC for 9.30am for breakfast. then collect at around 2.00pm for their return home. session’s take place 2 time’s per week per SC ( cost to a member is £10 - include’s a nice lunch - many member’s attend twice per week - nearly £1k per annum (😲) - mostly because they live alone and this is the only chance, in their live’s, to speak to someone - sad,eh! ☹️.

incidentally, did you know if you were a Spanish Pensioner, currently, you would receive (euro equivalent) £2.250 per month = £29.250 pa 😲 ! max.

in The UK, ex British Empire Ruler, as a State Pensioner you will, currently, receive £884 per month = £11.492 pa…………word’s fail me….☹️

Gang Welfare Message:

take my advice, as your Leader - if your not yet 50 save into a private pension fund + make AVC’s ( Additional Voluntary Contribution’s ) to your Employet’s existing Pension Fund !

if your over 50 make even more payment’s into your Pension Fund’s !

…..it’s too late to move to Spain now - your going to be screwed retiring in The UK !! 😲 ☹️ 😲

rant over. 

typically, during these SC session’s member’s are encouraged to play games, knitting, jig-saw’s even listen to local musician’s etc - the main underlying theme is to get the isolated pensioner to become invoved with other member’s - all a good cause.

one day, last year I mentioned to the manager of one SC - ‘all the activities you lay on, Caroline, are so good and engaging’ (their is a long list of authorised activiti’es from the agency). ‘ you know, the one element that is missing is - laughter ?’ ‘your right, Anthony’ she said.

’just supposing I put together a little, say 90 minute, one man performance to include some comedy and brain teaser question’s - just to keep them alert and involved ? - but, Caroline, this is only an idea, remember - keep it under your hat, ok ?’

2 day’s later, her husband called me ( manager of another SC) and said ‘could I do my gig for his member’s the following week ?……………..😲 whaaaaat ! it is only an idea….😲.

the rest, as they say, is history. have now done a string of gig’s across The Border’s -they can’t have been that bad as have been asked for return visit’s ! 🙄🙄.

have been told a Britain’s Got Talent (uk tv show) scout is looking for me…🙄

try these brain-teaser’s:

if your uncle’s sister is NOT your Aunty - who is she ? (pm me for answer 🙄).

a river 200 yard’s wide - dog on one side, owner on the other. no bridge’s, no boat’s to cross said river. dog owner whistles the dog to his heel - dog arrive’s at owner’s feet, near instantly, wagging his tail ! ok, dog’s feet are damp………..but how ? 😲 😲.

answer - next post -if I remember…….

anthony

How long is the scarf your knitting after all these visits 😅

Malc 

….🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🎖️🎖️🎖️🎖️🎖️🏅🏅🏅🏅🎭🎭🎭🪇🪇🪇🪇🎺🎺🎷🎷🪘🪘🪕🪕🎻🎻🪗🪗🎸🎸🥁🥁🥁🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🪅🪅🪅🪅🪅🪅🪅🪅🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

🔴🟠🟣🔵🟢🟡🟤    5️⃣   .   0️⃣    0️⃣     0️⃣        VIEW’S ! ! 🔴🟠🔵🟢🟡

…..Gang, well done, and congratulation’s one and all - we have actually achieved the 5k Target - little did you all know I, silently, set this 5k Target following my second post - I am so thrilled !

as, your Leader, I am so proud of you all - Member or non - member - you have, totally, DELIVERED my sought after Target - thank you all , so much, I am overwhelmed with the success - totally magic - totally against The Rule’s, love it !!!

again, a BIG THANK YOU TO YOU - THE  GANG !….could not have done it without You !

anthony

• Like 1

…..Gang, going to return to the pension topic to really hammer home the need for you to look after yourself, and other’s, and save, while you still can when you, finally, retire !

retire - today, at 66 ( him, her, other ) and you will receive a State Pensionn of £221 per week ! 😲

Gang, that is a pittance compared to what you contribute over a working lifetime to The Taxman, albeit tax free !

£221 per week = £44 per working day - but your retired ! 😲. (£884 per month).

….for 20+ year’s, as a self employed, commission only, Direct Salesman (double glazing, consevatorie’s, used car’s and, latterly - mobility product’s + no serious self qualification’s ) I was earning more than £884 per………day ! ( gross - before tax ☹️ ).

my first 20+ year’s were paye (pay as you earn ie: The Taxman deduct’s his commission before you receive the net amount ☹️ ).

….but the paye position’s were secure, well, as long as I behaved and my Employer existed in business .

my last position (paye) was a senior manager for a major, Southern based, brewer.

the associated benefit’s of senior management ?

excellent salary (taxed) + bonuse’s, generous final salary pension (2/3rd’s of my final salary, as pension, before retiring - stayed for only 8 year’s ☹️). BUPA medical cover for family, generous life assurance - no cost, stock option’s, flexible hour’s, prestige company car (bmw 5 serie’s on order), daily lunch allowance, access to Company Chauffeur Hub if required (for company or own social event’s), drink’s allowance (don’t drink - but friend’s and family,did), select only the best hotel’s when required. a secretary + admin support personnel for my Southern Division.

- - - so why leave a secure position to fly solo ?

🔴 1.     because my then Sale’s Director was a t****r and one day I told him so at a group meeting and walked out…..(sad, my new bmw was to be delivered to my home the next week ☹️)…..‘rebellious nature and defiant attitude - remember that post ? 

🔴  2.     alway’s felt, I was a Turkey - just running with the herd and conforming !

attended an interview for a double glazing contractor whose client was a large Southern energy supplier.

dg manager sent me out, on trial, to a pm customer home appointment with a dg sample, some admin paperwork + order form and finance application form.

customer had expressed interest in 2 new dg window’s only.

customer visit took me  2 hour’s and a result of an order for the entire house - windows and door’s @ £ 7.000 on finance over 5 year’s, all done and dusted !

returned to the office - dg manager delighted and tapped out some figures into his desk calculator….

the sale of the dg window’s and door’s + finance commission came to c £ 650….

2 hour’s easy, but persuasive, work for c £650 😲 ( + the future of 2 appointment’s every day, thereafter + alway’s home for 6pm))……….eat your out, paye ! I’m done being a Turkey with a max of 6’ altitude, anymore… !

….for 20+ year’s, I flew with the Eagle’s at 10 - 12 thousand feet - never looked back, never regretted my decision just wish I had made the decision to fly solo, earlier !

ok, not for everyone, I know ! self employed and commission only is a gamble and risky decision. no commission = no food = no mortgage repayment’s = family hungry = possibly homeless’ness ! 😲

make a success of your chosen target market, though…………...you will be convulsing in laughter as you dance to the Bank to pay-in your Commission Cheque (gross of tax) - which, incidentally, are alway’s paid weekly. 

hmrc used to love me ! my accountant, ran out of tax avoidance allowance’s to reduce my tax liabilitie’s (because my only overhead was my home) - The Taxman had a field day, twice a year, skimming of his tax on all my profit ! ☹️.

don’t try this at home, Gang - self employement - lose, it will break you, succeed……🥳💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

anthony

everyone to their own tho' eh !

we all make our way in the world whatever the outcome and the fun and trials of the journey to arrive there .......... and those really fortunate and really clever buy themselves a Ls400 I guess  .  or even a pair .......... 🙃

Not much else matters provided one has reasonable health and the capacity to enjoy it ............ oh, and a Lexus or two  😇

Malc

You are absolutely correct, Malcolm !

the one item I, or anyone, was / is never able to purchase was / is - good health !

….at 80, I am so lucky ! am able bodied, totally fit, healthy weight and own teeth ! (ok have diab 2 but in remission).

true, every morning when I wake up, I say ‘hello Monday…’ (or whatever day it is)…

just good to be alive ! I know some of The Gang are sniggering, now, but no prob, your time will come guy’s, girl’s or other’s ! 😃.

….hey, it must be April 1945, I can, suddenly, observe, racing out of the sun (wearing my u.s. ray-ban large aviator’s, see) a Focke- Wulf 190g-8 (the final version - with 7.9mm gun’s in the engine cowling, 2  20mm cannon in the wing root’s and 2 20mm cannon mid wing - good day to you, sir !) coming in, inverted, hurling himself, herself, other at me in a desperate, last ditch, suicidal attack to take me and my wingman down!

….too late, son - you won’t catch me, now - I’m so nearly home !! **

cue surging roar of 8 wright 1200 hp cyclone 9 cylinder, supercharged, radial model r-1820-97 engine’s at full bore !! 😃 😃.

Steve, selling dg is a legitimate business the income duly taxed, albeit later + the work to earn much revenue at little effort is attractive ( sitting in customer’s lounge’s, sipping tea whilst extolling the feature’s and benefit’s of the product I am selling ) and I get to sleep at night and I never worked night’s !

a career as a heroine dealer ? 

revenue stream’s are falling off the chart (if they know what one is ?), the price of heroine has plummeted. you need a healthy neck - to constantly cover your six from competitor thug’s, in gang traitor’s, the revenue and police drug’s enforcement force’s. 
sleep at night ? probably not, you will be working in a very dark marketplace. sleep at all? no because your terrified of being murdered in your bed ! don’t forget the delightful company you will keep + how do you jettison all that cash ? can you buy heroine on your credit / bank card - no!

yes, Steve, you can compare dg salesman to heroine dealer’s, we both make seriously good money, guess which one I would stick with……? 🪟

anthony

** if the u.s. had binned all their ‘fortress’ armament - 13 50” calibre gun’s +ammo belt’s- and the associated gunner’s they could likely fly faster, further, higher and, maybe, get close to the ordinance load of our Lancaster - but they never listened to my dad…….

IMG_0465.jpeg

23 hours ago, borderslad said:

….she, him, other, sadly, is wasted on me, Malcolm ! ☹️.

I just don’t do the mileage anymore, ( more time spent cleaning than driving ! ), so difficult to justify ! ☹️. (11k in 3 year’s).

your right, the W123 doe’s not come close - a distant, but in it’s day, leading edge technology - better precision assembled than a Rolls - Royce ! 

anthony

….used to own a very rare 1957 Roll’s - Canardly ! 😲

would roll down one hill and canardly get up the next one………! 🤭

Well the secret is ! It isn't the miles ,it's the pleasure in driving them. As long as I get 'high' driving my SC a couple of thousand a year I will happily smile come Insurance/ road tax time.

A lot of things change when you have taken that close brush to the hereafter. What follows becomes so much more precious.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, borderslad said:

…..Gang, going to return to the pension topic to really hammer home the need for you to look after yourself, and other’s, and save, while you still can when you, finally, retire !

retire - today, at 66 ( him, her, other ) and you will receive a State Pensionn of £221 per week ! 😲

Gang, that is a pittance compared to what you contribute over a working lifetime to The Taxman, albeit tax free !

£221 per week = £44 per working day - but your retired ! 😲. (£884 per month).

….for 20+ year’s, as a self employed, commission only, Direct Salesman (double glazing, consevatorie’s, used car’s and, latterly - mobility product’s + no serious self qualification’s ) I was earning more than £884 per………day ! ( gross - before tax ☹️ ).

my first 20+ year’s were paye (pay as you earn ie: The Taxman deduct’s his commission before you receive the net amount ☹️ ).

….but the paye position’s were secure, well, as long as I behaved and my Employer existed in business .

my last position (paye) was a senior manager for a major, Southern based, brewer.

the associated benefit’s of senior management ?

excellent salary (taxed) + bonuse’s, generous final salary pension (2/3rd’s of my final salary, as pension, before retiring - stayed for only 8 year’s ☹️). BUPA medical cover for family, generous life assurance - no cost, stock option’s, flexible hour’s, prestige company car (bmw 5 serie’s on order), daily lunch allowance, access to Company Chauffeur Hub if required (for company or own social event’s), drink’s allowance (don’t drink - but friend’s and family,did), select only the best hotel’s when required. a secretary + admin support personnel for my Southern Division.

- - - so why leave a secure position to fly solo ?

🔴 1.     because my then Sale’s Director was a t****r and one day I told him so at a group meeting and walked out…..(sad, my new bmw was to be delivered to my home the next week ☹️)…..‘rebellious nature and defiant attitude - remember that post ? 

🔴  2.     alway’s felt, I was a Turkey - just running with the herd and conforming !

attended an interview for a double glazing contractor whose client was a large Southern energy supplier.

dg manager sent me out, on trial, to a pm customer home appointment with a dg sample, some admin paperwork + order form and finance application form.

customer had expressed interest in 2 new dg window’s only.

customer visit took me  2 hour’s and a result of an order for the entire house - windows and door’s @ £ 7.000 on finance over 5 year’s, all done and dusted !

returned to the office - dg manager delighted and tapped out some figures into his desk calculator….

the sale of the dg window’s and door’s + finance commission came to c £ 650….

2 hour’s easy, but persuasive, work for c £650 😲 ( + the future of 2 appointment’s every day, thereafter + alway’s home for 6pm))……….eat your out, paye ! I’m done being a Turkey with a max of 6’ altitude, anymore… !

….for 20+ year’s, I flew with the Eagle’s at 10 - 12 thousand feet - never looked back, never regretted my decision just wish I had made the decision to fly solo, earlier !

ok, not for everyone, I know ! self employed and commission only is a gamble and risky decision. no commission = no food = no mortgage repayment’s = family hungry = possibly homeless’ness ! 😲

make a success of your chosen target market, though…………...you will be convulsing in laughter as you dance to the Bank to pay-in your Commission Cheque (gross of tax) - which, incidentally, are alway’s paid weekly. 

hmrc used to love me ! my accountant, ran out of tax avoidance allowance’s to reduce my tax liabilitie’s (because my only overhead was my home) - The Taxman had a field day, twice a year, skimming of his tax on all my profit ! ☹️.

don’t try this at home, Gang - self employement - lose, it will break you, succeed……🥳💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

anthony

Sue your Acct. i would have you limited company and way better off. There's a price to pay for not knowing me (sic).

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links