Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Current Car Insurance Is with LV But I would Anticipate This year will see a Substantial Increase.. My Question to Members is::: Which Insurance Company Would You Recommend Bearing In Mind some are Better and More Competitive than Others .. Obviously i will try the Go-Compare and Confused .com For Prices But Which one would you Put Forward.. It Is simply a Lottery out there at the Moment..Many Thanks..!!!

I am with Aviva online and when I got my car last September there was no extra to pay going from a HONDA HRV (£240). So when my renewal was up in February and especially reading a lot on the forum how much people was getting quoted I thought it was going to go up substantially. Got my renewal and it was £340 in February, last month I got an email saying that my renewal was incorrect and I thought it was going to go up but it went down to £337. 

• Like 1

Darwin, last year £365, this year £730! No changes whatsoever but now twice the price*. New insurer SAGA, old insurer can go shove it!

* Darwin are part of Direct Line whose new stated business model is to significantly increase all premiums knowing there will be many customers lost (hopefully for good) while those remaining will keep the turnover where it needs to be to make their usual profit. Word to the wise Direct Line, that business model will floor you in no time at all.

1 hour ago, Brian R said:

Word to the wise Direct Line, that business model will floor you in no time at all

I would like to think that they will pay for their misdeeds. Sounds a bit like a TV ad - - half the cover with twice the excess at only twice the price! Buy now before we go bust.

• Haha 2

Forgot to add, a second car is currently insured with Darwin and I suspect that too will double in price and so that will be two policies that will not be renewed with them. As for RIAS home insurance, that was 118% increase in premium and so it's goodbye to them and hello to Quote Me Happy.

5 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

My Current Car Insurance Is with LV But I would Anticipate This year will see a Substantial Increase.. My Question to Members is::: Which Insurance Company Would You Recommend Bearing In Mind some are Better and More Competitive than Others .. Obviously i will try the Go-Compare and Confused .com For Prices But Which one would you Put Forward.. It Is simply a Lottery out there at the Moment..Many Thanks..!!!

Yes it's a lottery - run the comparison quotes and choose from what you get back. Many of the "unknown" brands belong to the large insurance companies and a quick Google will tell you which so worth considering all quotes. Some are alps brokers but you won't know where they place it so you may choose to skip those. 

My LV renewal in January was substantial. I ended up going with NFU; they weren't the cheapest (although much better than the LV quote), but they have an office in town, so I can pop in if I need any changes. Also, I like to pay monthly and they don't charge interest. 

I'm with Aviva online at present Ronnie. Paid £348 last year on the NX450h+ (Aviva Premium). Looks like its going to be double that on the RX450h+😭. Increasing the voluntary excess will help to reduce this. Interestingly I got a quote for the NX and it was even dearer than the RX!

• Like 1

The thing is not so much on what you pay - this is so variable on your age, your post code, miles driven, which NX model, vol excesses, hire car if off road etc etc etc that you could get a hundred replies and all will be different.  My advice is look to see which insurers have a good reputation in the event of a claim - you may pay a bit extra but worth the piece of mind.

i am with Aviva and just renewed at end of April - big increase to over £500, but a check on the comparison website and it was towards the top but not overly so

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken R said:

I'm with Aviva online at present Ronnie. Paid £348 last year on the NX450h+ (Aviva Premium). Looks like its going to be double that on the RX450h+😭. Increasing the voluntary excess will help to reduce this. Interestingly I got a quote for the NX and it was even dearer than the RX!

Thanks Ken.. Think I Will Try The Comparison sites And see what they come up with.. Suspect Though this Year of all Years will not be competitive..Its the Way of the world i Suppose....Hope you are well..!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HMT said:

The thing is not so much on what you pay - this is so variable on your age, your post code, miles driven, which NX model, vol excesses, hire car if off road etc etc etc that you could get a hundred replies and all will be different.  My advice is look to see which insurers have a good reputation in the event of a claim - you may pay a bit extra but worth the piece of mind.

i am with Aviva and just renewed at end of April - big increase to over £500, but a check on the comparison website and it was towards the top but not overly so

Thanks Harry...!!!!

Based on my recent renewal experience I can safely say that despite being 57 with no claims, driving for 39 years, living in a safe area and doing only 8k miles a year I can't work out who wants to insure who. All the recommended insurers, SAGA and NFU being a couple of examples, wanted what I can only describe as ridiculous amounts to insure. When asked why the quotes were so high I was told that I don't fit their preferred customer model. Just who is their preferred customer?

As for Lexus insurance - even worse that the two above.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brian R said:

Darwin, last year £365, this year £730! No changes whatsoever but now twice the price*. New insurer SAGA, old insurer can go shove it!

* Darwin are part of Direct Line whose new stated business model is to significantly increase all premiums knowing there will be many customers lost (hopefully for good) while those remaining will keep the turnover where it needs to be to make their usual profit. Word to the wise Direct Line, that business model will floor you in no time at all.

That,s Interesting Brian Thanks !!!

2 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

Based on my recent renewal experience I can safely say that despite being 57 with no claims, driving for 39 years, living in a safe area and doing only 8k miles a year I can't work out who wants to insure who. All the recommended insurers, SAGA and NFU being a couple of examples, wanted what I can only describe as ridiculous amounts to insure. When asked why the quotes were so high I was told that I don't fit their preferred customer model. Just who is their preferred customer?

As for Lexus insurance - even worse that the two above.

No Surprise there Sean Thanks !!!

9 hours ago, HMT said:

Since I went past 70 my premiums have increased significantly. Last year my NX 450h LV policy cost £530, and I know that will double this year with LV (due mid June). I've been on all comparison sites and best price is with Sterling (broker using ABC insurance underwriters who are part of LV) £887. I have max no claims no accidents and haven't moved address. I'm just another year older.

I have an Aviva house insurance policy and requested a car quote from them online, but they said they weren't able to quote me.

I just have to suck up the insurance increases (and £590 a year road tax) or downsize the car to something like a Yaris lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

Just who is their preferred customer

Here are their preferred customers in these iron boxes.

The man in the iron lung – LT: 3p||

• Haha 3

On 5/12/2024 at 10:41 PM, Ken R said:

Good Grief ..I Thought The RX Insurance would have been a lot more that the NX Ken..

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 2:16 PM, NemesisUK said:

SAGA

Peter... Got A Quote from LV Yesterday and my Car insurance Has only increased by £100  Thought it would have been a LOT More...  Then Quoted by Direct line Who Were Coming in At Just under 1G  I Understand than Saga Are Underwritten by LV But Stand to be corrected...So Reasonably Happy At The moment  ( Touch Wood )

• Like 2

On 5/12/2024 at 1:08 PM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I've been with Saga for a few years now and they have consistently been cheaper than those on Go Compare and Confused

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links