Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

cd player is broken

not happy this morning - my cd player has decided to stop working - cant play, load or eject it then switches itself off and just lots of whirrring, it still grabs the cd but then they dissaper into the deep dark abyss of the dash.

i spoke to the dealer today and i have to wait about 3 weeks for a replacement! arse!

i thought 3 weeks was a bit long but we will see what happens as at the same time i have to try and get the front end clicking and the gearbox(again):mad: sorted out.

btw - i managed to get all the cd's out - little trickery involved in that one:D

[Edited on 22-4-2002 by fluff34567]

• 2 months later...

Mine's done the same thing and I've had even less luck with my local dealer (Bracknell).

Called them with the number, they said they'd order a replacement and call me when it arrived.

3/4 weeks later I haven't heard from them so I call.

"Oh they're taking up to 6 weeks at the moment - we'll call you when it comes in"

another 3 weeks go by and still nothing so I call again.

"We have no record of you calling and we haven't ordered a replacement"

So I'm spitting blood now - it's been 2 months and I've now got to wait another 6 weeks for it to arrive.

I'm off home to write a very strongly worded letter to the service manager:flaming:

Originally posted by fluff34567

i thought 3 weeks was a bit long but we will see what happens as at the same time i have to try and get the front end clicking and the gearbox(again):mad: sorted out.

Rob, what sort of front end clicking do you have? I have a knocking noise coming from the front which the dealer hasn't been able to sort out. They say its the brake bads moving, but I think its something else as they've tried putting stuff behind the pads etc.

it is a very sharp clicking but i have traced it down to the pads moving so ur dealer is correct! I believe they do have a special hi temp grease for that purpose- i cleaned mine and regreased the pad contact points and it stopped.

u2u me is u want specifics or ill chat to u at jae.

• 1 year later...

Hi Nod, welcome to the club.

That's a bit of an old thread you have dug up :D

What age is your vehicle? The warranty has been extended on the IS stereo to 5 years which should cover nearly all vehicles. Have a word with your local Lexus dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links