Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Engine and water

Ezzer

If some of you might recall, at least down south, it was absolutely p*ssing it down with rain last Wednesday. I had to make a 60mile round trip on the M.way. On the way there I was careful with standing water as I knew where they would be and there were lots of cars around. On the way back, it has kinda slowed down, the rain, but bits were still very wet. But the roads were very empty. I was going a little bit faster and at a few points, the car started to aquaplane big time! (Appologies to the other Silver IS200SE for giving him a little heart in mouth in front of him. So, parked the car at home, then had to move it about an inch because of badly parked car behind it. Then didn't use it for a day and then the next day, it started REALLY roughly. Sounded like it was flooded a bit. Ran it for about 10min after that, and now it's fine.

Anyone else had this and/or know why?

Cheers.

Basically what has happened is

When the engine 1st fires from cold the cold start system shoves through as much fuel as possible for about the 1st 20 seconds of running then it leans the mixture out

I've experienced this before,if you start the car from cold and only move it a couple of yards then switch off,it leaves a large amount of fuel in the system then when you come to start the car later it will misfire

If you are going to move the car a small distance when cold let the engine run for at least a minute or two

Then you shouldn't have any more trouble

Originally posted by Ezzer

I was going a little bit faster and at a few points, the car started to aquaplane big time!

Yep - this has happened to me before too... not a nice experience... :sniff:

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links