Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, I did it....

Mojo

Morning everyone!!

Just thought I'd let you know I bought an IS200 sport on Friday. :D

So far I think it's great. So nice to have a car that I don't have to panick about having it on the drive (compared to Impreza turbo)

Still trying to find the perfect driving position.

Oh! and I think one of my dials is broken... that little one with MPG on it seems to be stuck to beneath 20 :P

Mojo

Originally posted by Mojo

Oh! and I think one of my dials is broken... that little one with MPG on it seems to be stuck to beneath 20 :P

Mojo

Congratulations, mate! I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

With regards to the dial being stuck under 20, your dealer has a modification for you, or you can do it yourself, if you are that way inclined.

Get a piece of wood (pine, birch, mahogoney, etc), about 2" x 3", paint it your favourite colour and stick it under the right-hand pedal! The only difference between this and what the dealer has is that his is an official Lexus part, and comes pre-badged with the Lexus 'L' :lol:

Happy motoring..............

Hi Grangey

Yeah, I know I'll enjoy it.

Still playing with all the toys I didn't have in my old car.

I'm impressed that you even get a button to control the weather (not dared push it yet) but it's nice to know that you can make it snow on demand ;)

It's like the hardest video game ever... trying to keep the needle above 30 AND not have a serious accident due to not looking at the road!!:lol:

My Scooby had a guage that did the same thing except Subaru just called it the fuel guage.... I kid you not. On full boost you could see the fuel level dropping:o

Hi Mojo, welcome to the club.

W.r.t the "weather button" ..... I strongly urge you NEVER to switch it on - as believe me, it does seem to make it snow ......

I am speaking from painful experience gained last winter ... and am in the process of starting my"Indian Summer/Winter Dance" so it doesn't snow again this year :flaming::flaming::flaming:

Hi Mojo,

Well, for a start, I couldn't move it for 10 days over crimbo & new year, despite digging it out, putting weight in the boot, snow button in etc .... it just wouldn't move any more than 6 feet!

Had a couple of close calls when it snowed suddenly - maybe an inch of snow/slush on the road, and started to lose all grip, sideways down the dual carriageway - that was fun! :lol:

Generally, if you live in an area where there is a lot of snow in the winter (and I mean measured in feet not millimetres) - park up the Lex, and take the bus!!!!!! :eyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links