Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Competitor Comparisons

I've just been to Audi's UK site and run a comparison of their A4 2.0 to our IS200 SE and I can't believe what they say is not standard on the Lex..

No Cassette

No Traction Control

No Sat Nav

And a few others I can't quite remember. Even more annoying is that where the lexus easily beats the Audi i.e. in engine, it say's "no data" for the Audi !

Surely, this is clearly something the advertising standards people should look at.

PS, I'm not considerring buying an Audi - I'm not ready to retire just yet!! :rolleyes:

Sure, the link is:

http://www.audi.co.uk/newcars/comparator/r...sp&deriv2=16548

Apparently the IS200 doesn't have (in addition to the ones listed above):

Electric lumbar support

Cruise control

Park Distance Control

I know some of these are options, but Audi say they are "Not Available".

Just specced an A4 to the same standard as my IS

Just shy of 30 grand for the Audi, 23.5 for the Lexus.

AND my IS looks better - the choice of alloys were not to my taste, and I prefer the overall body shape.

So, whilst the standard ad might be misleading (sorry is misleading), anybody seriously comparing the cars would quickly see the full picture I think.

I must go and see what other manufacturers are saying is not included.

If it cost nearly £30K to spec an Audi to that of the IS, what would it cost to have a BMW 320??

"Comfort Pack" has certainly not been included in my boss' TT - My ***, if ever a car was uncomfortable. I had a very unpleasant 20 mile journey in the back of it a few months ago - I was terrified all the time I had to "sit" leaning to one side:!:

I test drove the X-Type when trying to work out what new car to get.

I had driven the IS first (and been might impressed) and I found the Jag to be quite disappointing.

My Father and I both drove the IS (me 'cos I was thinking of buying one, and my Dad because it 'was there') and we both went to the Jag event and took the full range out.

We both felt the handling was off - there was a hell of a lot of body roll, even around the most sedate curves - and this was noticeable even in the 3.0 Sports which had stiffened suspension.

We had a good day screwing the nuts off various Jags, then took all the brochures home, and I worked out how much more I would have to pay to spec up the model I would buy (2.5 SE) to the standard of the IS.

It was in excess on £8000.

Clearly, I wouldn't have paid that much - so I would have had to have settled for less car.

Everything was an extra - 17" wheels, sunroof, full electric pack, electric seats etc.

Needles to say - this heavily influenced my purchasing decision - I went straight to Lexus and said 'I'll have the one in the window" :lol:

I wish - then had to wait 9 weeks for my spec to get here (combination of SE / int / ext colour and sat nav).

Anyway - moral of the story?

Jaguar X-Type?

Nice car - very nice car - don't think this is a story slagging it off - but, does not handle as well as an IS, and costs shedload more for you to get the same 'amount of car' as an IS.

I'm going on a Jag 'Arrive and Drive' event at a country hotel on thursday to drive the X and S type range, hopefully it will be a good day. I must be on their mailing list from when I asked for a brochure, so I thought I'd go. I got my IS before the X Type came out so I’ve never even seen inside one. I do think they are nice looking cars though.

Originally posted by ricky_is200

I do think they are nice looking cars though.

I like the look of the S Type - but must admit, the more X Types I see on the road, the less I like them - especially the view from the rear.

It'll still be a great day though - the event I went to had an XKR - but they wouldn't let us have a go at that

:sniff: :sniff:

I had a letter from the ASA in response to my complaint about this.

The bottom line is that the ASA codes of practice do NOT extend to what companies put on their own websites - which basically means that VAG can post any load of ole trollocks that they want to.

They did suggest that this kind of practice may be regulated by other authorities, such as Trading Standards.

Go figure.....

It's a different issue if they're using non-Internet stuff or stuff that isn't on their OWN website.

The ASA takes the view that material on a company's own website is not advertising, it's there to "maintain the relationship between customer and supplier".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links