Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Total Apathy

Bazza

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monthly/Bi Monthly Meets? What happened to these? :whistling:

Used to organise them - meets at stately homes, car museums etc. Interest dwindled, one Southern meet attracted 3 members and I decided just to concentrate on the bigger meets.

That'll be the one..me you and bazz turned up too then

nooo there was four of us then !

but mr ellen decided to stay incognito :ph34r:

think he was shy :whistling:

I'm one of the lucky one's (I think) in that I've got no prior commitments apart from work - don't have a woman or kids to worry about (that I know of anyway) - but I still can't make all the meets due to my job, unfortunately I'll find out about stuff at the last minute due to the nature of what I do, tonight's an example of where I thought I'd be off just after five but something went tits up so I didn't get back til after 22:30!

I've got a few personal things coming up which means I can't make the Pod next week and I'll be keeping my head down for a few weeks, and work has been busy so I've missed a few recent meets I wanted to go to but that's life unfortunately.

I really enjoy the meets I've been to and have made a lot of friends, I think one of the most common things I've heard though is that people are very hesitant about making the first move and find it difficult to come to their first meet - Gaydon was a good meet and there were loads there - I'd have said we had loads more people there than turned up to JAE?

I have to admit I prefer the weekend one's as they're easier for me to plan for, but on the flipside I'm one of those people who will get told I'm needed in at work over the weekend at 8pm on a Friday night so things still go tits up.

I think I need to start working shifts as I'll be in the office less then :P

What about a special 'newbie' meet for people who haven't been to any before? That way they won't be on their own in feeling that everyone else know's each other etc? A lot of us can turn up and take the ***** of course but that's just how we are ;)

Was just chucking it into the pot mate as an idea to see what the guy's who've never been to a meet think, I guess it's all the people who've never been to a meet yet that need targetting? What do you reckon as a general idea? Like you say we have loads of members but it's usually the same faces we see as well as the people that do come along for the first time, I've got to admit I saw loads of cars at Gaydon and to be honest mate I don't remember seeing many of them again apart from the regulars?

Thinking a bit more about this, he meet could have some nicely modified cars there that the guys can all come and see, and ask any questions they've got about the cars etc, ie any probs they get etc.. The members of this site together can answer all sorts of questions about anything!

I was speaking to Gordon earlier and he was saying he'd love to see an RX in the flesh, extend on that and get the whole range there, from standard to heavily modified etc and let them see what the difference is etc. I don't think I've seen a new LS430 or SC430 at a meet before actually - I know they're not the sort of audience you'd normally get at meets but it would be nice to see them :)

For example, I bet there are loads of people on here who would like to see the superchargers and all the other mods in action, but will never normally see it on a day to day basis, it could be like an open day for Lexus, and if people want to see a car that looks like the dogs bollocks then of course I'll leave mine at home :whistling:

I guess actually in hindsight this just sounds like a normal meet but we need some sort of hook to encourage the new guys and gals - anyone?

I do my best to attend any meet, cos its nice to meet alots of the members who i had spoke to from the forum, and like some of you guys said, its not all about car, but to meet people, which i enjoy alots, I will come even if i not in my Lex (Gaydon and 2 of the northern meets for example), and im sure there will be more and more northern meets in the futures....

btw i will be at Gayon and JAE next year too.... B) B) B) B)

i do my best, but i have lots of commitments like others.

I like the idea of meets that would help charity tho. kinda adding a bit of spice to bland fund raisers etc

i do my best, but i have lots of commitments like others.

I like the idea of meets that would help charity tho. kinda adding a bit of spice to bland fund raisers etc

ok

every meet put a pound in the kitty

then send to a charity :)

Used to organise them - meets at stately homes, car museums etc. Interest dwindled, one Southern meet attracted 3 members and I decided just to concentrate on the bigger meets.

Why not have local 'established' members organising these then? :whistling:

Why not have local 'established' members organising these then? :whistling:

Wasn't this idea put forward last year,but nothing came of it. :o

The whole idea of a car club is to put across on the boards ideas,information,advise and of course organising meets,but you cannot assume that every member,or a fraction of them will turn up to meets.A lot of members will only ever use the forum for the other reasons given and peoples lifestyles doesn't always fit in with others,what with home life and other financial/commitments.The clubs membership is growing all the time(i think) which is fantastic,and testiment to this is the numbers were deffo up on last years JAE.

So to answer the question...why bother.? because it keeps the brand alive wether eveyone attends meets or not i guarantee there will always be somebody on the forums asking questions,giving advise.

My 2 cents worth :D :D

Right then as no one has the balls to organise a meet i'll do it and it will be for charity.....Gt Ormand ST hospital....sometime early in the new year,how does that sound. :)

We can go from the Ace Cafe and trundle down to Southend,.....minimum £10 a head(not car).

PM me if your intrested and i'll gauge it that way.

Better clear my inbox then :lol:

Right then as no one has the balls to organise a meet i'll do it and it will be for charity.....Gt Ormand ST hospital....sometime early in the new year,how does that sound. :)

We can go from the Ace Cafe and trundle down to Southend,.....minimum £10 a head(not car).

Better clear my inbox then

ohhh suits you sir :D

pete ......the one with balls !!

nice idea :)

Bazz check the thread out.

3 pages of talk,well lets not talk but do something about it,any idea is good to get people to meet and to do it for charridy mate is even better. :)

What about as a club we set aside a quarterly meet for a charity of the clubs choice,split up into regions: S.East,S.West,Midlands and North,which is why i propose the Southend run for Gt Ormond St and other members from across the country can organise thier own but on the same day for the same good cause. :D

I hope everyone will think its a good idea and it gets the green light and we can move on this,there is no better way to promote a club and get its members involved.

I think the members could take some of the stress away from the co-ordinators usually involved in setting up mini/regional-meets so they can concentrate on the bigger ones like JAE/Gaydon and so-on.

Yes this time of year its gonna be wet,cold and miserable....but so-what its for a damn good cause.

The future of ANY club is in the hands of its members.....so come on enough is enough.......lets do it :) :).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk