Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance - I don't believe this!

sholao

Just called my Insurers Churchill to inform them that I had my exhaust changed, and they told me they can no longer cover me because it increases the performance!

I now have untill midnight tommorow (initially she said tonight) to find another insurer!

Any ideas?

Esure saved me £500 on my last car, and then knocked another £100 off when I bought my IS!! They're on the web (online quotes) though you may have to speak to someone about the exhaust.

Which reminds me, I must let them know about the skirts and the grill :D

direct line worked for me.. however.. the trick is when they ask how much was your last quote just give them bull... i saved £500 by knocking 400 off my last quote...

I bet when my insurance comes around it will be £500 more expensive!

I have just renewed my Insurance, it came down to a toss up between Direct Line (cheapest) and Admiral ( loan car and for a small extra Premium a hire car so that if the car is for example stolen they will keep you on the road).

I went for Direct Line in the end as a loan car was not so important as I have the use of a second car if needs be and I am sure if the car is badly damaged Lexus might be persuaded to lend you a car whilst it was repairing your own, but I guess a lot would depend on your relationship with your dealer. I am sure thius is not guaranteed. If it is a 100% non fault accident then you can claim hire charges against the responsible party ( yes you guessed ,sounds like Lawyer talk, thats cause I am!!)

I didnt think Tescos provided a loan car whilst they repaired yours but I could be wrong. In the end Tesco was only £10 cheaper that Direct Line who were £40 cheaper than Admiral so I went in the middle. Thats really scientific isnt it!!

Has anyone got the number for Liverpool and Victoria?

I don't know which town they are in, so BT enquiries is no good, and dont have yellow pages here.

It looks like I might have to go with Elephant.

Directline - about £900

Privildge, Esure will not cover my exhaust

Admiral over £1000

I need to move out of London!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links