Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering And Speed Bumps

Anees

Hi,

I just want to ask the guys that have lowered their IS200/300's if they have trouble with speed bumps.

I am planning to get Eibach Springs (30mm drop) and 18” alloys 225/40/18. My Lexus is my daily drive and I go around a lot of areas where there are speed bumps.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Anees

mines on 18's and lowered 35mm, i have no probs with speed bumps in manchester or anywhere i've been. so unless you have monster speed bumps i'd go for it mate!!!

I do get problems here but I'm lowered a bit more and have a lot more weight in the car :P

The ones that are a definite no no are those little square ones that you have to drive over - they'd rip my cat clean off!

I can get over some normal sized ones if I go slowly but there are some at work which I'll catch so I really do have to be incredibly careful now, I even plan routes around speed bumps!

Hi, mine are on the eibachs with 18s (225/40) plus standard exhaust and no problems so far. The only time i had heard a scrape was with 4 extra passengers going over those humps made of brick where you drive up, have a flat bit then come down the slope. Think it may of been the plastic flaps underneath in front of the front wheels!

Thanks for the replies guys.

I forgot to mention that I will also have side skirts on my car and a front/rear lip when the kit arrives.

I drive a lot around Oldham/Manchester and the place seems to be bloody full of them (Oldham in particular). I have a mate with a highly modified Honda Integra and basically he cannot go in Multi-story car parks or on 90% of speed bumps. Don’t want to end up like him! :ph34r:

Usually I will be in the car by myself, but obviously I’d like to be able to carry passengers! :whistling:

Maybe I should just not bother with lowering……….but that would be too sensible! ;)

my car is lowered by 35mm and is weighed down a bit with all the mdf from my install. Also with my custom exhaust i get scrapping nearly all the time on speed bumps. I think my lowest part of my exhaust is about an inch from the floor at the most.

I drive a lot around Oldham/Manchester and the place seems to be bloody full of them (Oldham in particular). I have a mate with a highly modified Honda Integra and basically he cannot go in Multi-story car parks or on 90% of speed bumps. Don’t want to end up like him!  :ph34r:

Stay awake from Turf Hill and Kirkholt and you should be okay.

I had the styling kit on 18" and not lowered and managed to graze the front of the bumper on a curb (a parking space where you drive in diagonally), so I;d be a little careful!

I drive a lot around Oldham/Manchester and the place seems to be bloody full of them (Oldham in particular). I have a mate with a highly modified Honda Integra and basically he cannot go in Multi-story car parks or on 90% of speed bumps. Don’t want to end up like him!  :ph34r:

Stay awake from Turf Hill and Kirkholt and you should be okay.

I had the styling kit on 18" and not lowered and managed to graze the front of the bumper on a curb (a parking space where you drive in diagonally), so I;d be a little careful!

Oh No! I drive past Turf Hill (past Springhill School) on my way to Shaw in Oldham from Rochdale. :yack:

Er.....suppose I'll have to get around it.

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

Go for it matey,

mines dropped by 35mm, on 18's, i have a blitz front lip which is LOW, with side skirts and rear lip. The south wales council have nothing better to do than put up a lot of speed breakers everywhere and i have not had a problem yet (touch wood) and carrying with ppl in the back.

Any car lowered will have problems with speed bumps.... but there are many other handling benefits...

Weigh up the ups and downs...

I'm running 18" Oem alloys with 35mm drop, ok on most speed bumps going over slow... but the ones that just lump up in the middle of the roads are more troublesome...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links