Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 3.5 Litre V6 for the IS range too ?

Autoexpress this week have spy shots of the new RX and details of a new 3.5 litre V6:

"However, the biggest changes will be under the bonnet. The Lexus will get a 3.5-litre V6 engine based on the current model's 3.0-litre unit, and not surprisingly, the car has al-ready been dubbed the RX350. The new powerplant is likely to offer a big power boost, with around 240bhp on tap compared to the current model's 201bhp."

Does anyone know if this engine will slot in the new IS, because 240 BHP would sort out the lack of pace in the IS !!!

I only saw the Autoexpress story online and they don't provide the spy shots online. There are some bad spy shots at http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=52691

Bonjour vince-com, yes the current engine is an inline 6, but previous rumours on this board have indicated that the next generation 2 and 3 litre engines will be V6. Lexus do not usually develop a large range of engines, hence the probability that the new 3.5 litre V6 will turn up in the next IS. I hope it does because 240 BHP will beat all of the competition (BMW330, AUDI A4 3.0 and Jaguar X-Type 3.0) for power and hopefully pace. Just give us a manual gear box please Lexus !!

me and steve(admin) have both seen the new RX*** When we were both down at Lexus GB

And myself and Tony goose was working on the is430 while at TTE a few months back

in the search feature on this site type in "IS430" you will find alot,pictures that myself and richie took at Essen and info that i obtain from TTE when im there...................we will be getting a IS430................

;);)

regarding the IS430, ok it's like a brabus or AMG prep, I doubt we've got this sort of engine on as IS one day

BR

Vince

Spyshots of the IS430 testing at the 'ring were in July31 issue of AutoCar - although they say Lexus have no current plan to bring it to the UK - bu99er!!

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

What are the benefits of a V6 over a straight six:?:

Don't know that there are any engine performance benefits - a V is physically shorter so it's easier to package in the car.

Different exhaust note - a matter of preference I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah baby! What an exhaust note. Driving for the first time properly with all the windows open (I am normally an a/c man), and really giving it some, I didn't realise what I was missing all this time! I knew it was good, but most of the time I only hear the engine....but now I think I will start wearing a lot of jackets etc to combat the gale force in the car! What a note! Better than old and new 325i I think (am a big fan of the noise), sounds more 330i. (I am a big hater of beemers, esp 3s by the way, but I give them credits where credits due.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links