Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Es

Damer

hmmm I heard that V6 is smoother colin... considering I have the stright 6 in my car (same engine as series2) and I used to own the ES I know that the ES was smoother... Plus I have driven an ES whilst owning my GS.

Theoretically an Inline 6 should run smoother than any V6 , even if it is a 60 degree block angle. So there must be another subjective issue making the ES330 seem smoother than the GS300.

The trend towards V6es is because of space requirements (FWD on ES, and pedestrian safety front issues at new GS and upcoming new IS models).

RX-Men-8

Also like to note that the ES is quicker than the GS too

which ES was this Steve?

The ES300 or the ES330?

my old ES i used to have (windom for those who wish to argue)

I was behind my old motor and the acceleration was noticibly quicker

I also drove my old motor about 2 months ago and the accelration felt more plus still smoother and quieter.. however.. not alot.. just slightly noticible.

i dont think Es300 is ugly at all. maybe the look is more to the asian/american side. or same reason why lot of luxury cars like Mark II & Mitsubishi Diamante isnt sold in europe. i think these cars look very far east, nothing wrong with it, reason why i like japanese cars is its japanese/far east looks!

just wonder why the Camry isnt sold in UK anymore as its meant to look more european, hope the new Legend comes to UK later on, suppose to be improvement over the old one with 4WD i think rather than FWD like the old one.

unless the ES300 is FWD??doubt it? Audi A4 is FWD (exception of Quattro)but there been in with BMW/ Mercedes rivals for yrs & still is.ccant remember if the A6 is FWD or RWD.

Why no Lexus ES in the UK? Is it because it is just too ugly?

hmmm I heard that V6 is smoother colin... considering I have the stright 6 in my car  (same engine as series2) and I used to own the ES I know that the ES was smoother... Plus I have driven an ES whilst owning my GS.

That's why I said the series II GS. Engine is slightly smoother, due to vvt-i and other mods, and the drivetrain is much smoother over the series I.

As RX-Men-8 said an I6 should be smoother than a V6 and the 2JZ-GE is one of the best I6.

how much faster is the ES compared to the GS300 II????

The new ES330 is a little quicker. The older 300s are about the same as the GS. Both cars are about the same size (one reason why the ES isn't in this country - why have two models in the same market segment?) but the ES is lighter due to being FWD.

In the US being FWD has an advantage for areas that get snow and the ES is cheaper than the GS so sells many more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links