Anyone Seen This?

Colin P

Wierd or what.............

I've just bought 8 of these...........

However mine are £85 per tyre !

Funny!! I've only 5 wheels with my car :winky: :whistling:

:P :P :P

good price so snapped up :winky:

The website doesn't mention the speed, weight or load values for the tyre ? I wonder if a Y/Z rated tyre would actually cost £59 ? This price might be a "from" £59 quote ?

sorry to hijack a topic but its on the same theme.

on mytyres.co.uk i found a set of Hankook ventus sport k104 tyres 215/45/17 for £64.10 delivered.

now when i checked their rating in the survey they came out better than the bridgestone potenza by a distance especially for road noise and tyre wear.

does anyone know if these tyres are any good coz if i believed the tests they looked better than most of the rest and upto half the price.

cheers

The website doesn't mention the speed, weight or load values for the tyre ? I wonder if a Y/Z rated tyre would actually cost £59 ? This price might be a "from" £59 quote ?

Not sure why you would need Y on an IS200 but that size of T1-R only comes in W or Y so unless your car can go above 167mph even the W will do.

sorry to hijack a topic but its on the same theme.

on mytyres.co.uk i found a set of hankook ventus sport k104 tyres 215/45/17 for £64.10 delivered.

now when i checked their rating in the survey they came out better than the bridgestone potenza by a distance especially for road noise and tyre wear.

does anyone know if these tyres are any good coz if i believed the tests they looked better than most of the rest and upto half the price.

cheers

Hi chib

I had these on my Mk1 GS300, paid around £100/tyre fitted. Nice looking tyre and directional tread pattern.

The problem I had was that I only got barely 7,000 out of the rears . I also found them very poor in the wet, but great in the dry.

They just did not suit my driving style and seem unsuited to a rear wheel drive car.

I have now switched to Dunlop SP 01's which are a great tyre, far far more grippy on the rear in the wet.

thanks keith,

my style is a bit old grannieish to be honest so they may be alright for me.

hopefully i wont need any for another 10000 miles anyhow but reading the posts about tyres on the is 200 i may require them sooner than that ( ive done 7200 miles so far no sign of inner tread wear, ive even got the bobbles on the tyres still).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links