Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snooper Or Road Angel

Kazi

Which Speed camera?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Speed camera?

• Snooper
    • Road Angel

Alternativley, you could just stick to the speed limit.

* Save on buying the detector

* Save 3 points on your licence

* Save the fine ....

Most important of all, save killing someone because of speeding, your detector will detect a beam from a gatso, or rador gun .... but it won't detect the little kid running out between the parked cars to get his / her ball !!

..... ..... :shutit:

* Save the fine ....

Most important of all, save killing someone because of speeding, your detector will detect a beam from a gatso, or rador gun .... but it won't detect the little kid running out between the parked cars to get his / her ball !!

..... .....  :shutit:

While I COMPLETELY agree with you mate, how do you explain all the ferking cameras on A-road dual carriageways, such as the A43 and A14 where there are no pedestrians at all, and howcome there isnt one outside my kids' school where it's a 20mph limit and all the tossers in their small cars go at over 50??

/rant (sorry)

Yeah right who does.....oh yeah you do coz your a copper,but only when your on duty!!

Dont know about other types but the B2 can be programmed to alert you when your near a school which is very useful.

If the government was serious about cutting speed the one place they should be is OUTSIDE SCHOOLS,as Rod says they seem to be placed where there are no pedestrians.

* Save the fine ....

..... .....   :shutit:

While I COMPLETELY agree with you mate, how do you explain all the ferking cameras on A-road dual carriageways, such as the A43 and A14 where there are no pedestrians at all, and howcome there isnt one outside my kids' school where it's a 20mph limit and all the tossers in their small cars go at over 50??

/rant (sorry)

Well said that man ,i have first hand experiance of this as i live on a 30mph road opposite a primary school ,the little nova brigade :driving: come down at about 60mph ,we have sent in petitions put up posters got our local member of parliment :sick: to speak for us and nothing has ever been done ,but you drive a mile down the road onto the A2 (three lanes with no children for frigging miles )and there is shed loads of cameras .What are they protecting nothing but those dumb pheasant birds cos there the only thing that crosses the A2 :angry: .all of the time we have cameras on these roads i will stick with my road angel which getting back to the first post has been brilliant and more than defiantly saved my licence on a number of accasions .so road angel it is

* Save the fine ....

..... .....  :shutit:

Thanks for the advice, but not all of us get to sweet talk collegues and enjoy free roaming.

Thanks for the advice, but not all of us get to sweet talk collegues and enjoy free roaming.

Sweet talk collegues ? Are you speaking from experience, or is that an assumption ? I think so ...... I'm not exempt from speeding, or any other traffic related offence, whilst off duty .......... so think about what you say.

I have said this time and time before .... at times ... i feel that YES the gatso's are just there to make extra cash for the government ... especially on long open straigh A roads, that are proven NOT to be black spots !!

But ....... on the other hand ..... that doesn't mean that you can still drive well in excess of the speed limit, it only take for the driver in front of you to be incompetent, or even worse drunk, swerve out in front of YOU, and your both in serious risk of death.

I understand and see where you're coming from and I do try to follow the speed limits because of situations that may occurr like what you said. But speed detectors aren't just a device to help idiots speed every where they know they can. They can be very useful in assisting saftey conscious drivers like myself. As a young 21 year old, my driving licence is very important to me.

I don't mean to dig at all police officers but I often feel victimised around the area I live in becasue of my age and the stigma which comes from people who drive Lexus and other prestige cars alike.

Kind regards,

Kaz. :driving:

* Save the fine ....

..... .....   :shutit:

/rant (sorry)

Well said that man ,i have first hand experiance of this as i live on a 30mph road opposite a primary school ,the little nova brigade :driving: come down at about 60mph ,we have sent in petitions put up posters got our local member of parliment :sick: to speak for us and nothing has ever been done ,but you drive a mile down the road onto the A2 (three lanes with no children for frigging miles )and there is shed loads of cameras .What are they protecting nothing but those dumb pheasant birds cos there the only thing that crosses the A2 :angry: .all of the time we have cameras on these roads i will stick with my road angel which getting back to the first post has been brilliant and more than defiantly saved my licence on a number of accasions .so road angel it is

again, similar here - the road at the bottom of my street is a 30mph zone, with a school at the end (right at the end in a cul-de-sac) and a 50mph by-pass at the other end..

So, in the morning and afternoon, there are young children (with and without) parents crossing that road - child cyclists etc..

The majority of drivers (from muppets to grandads to trucks) do at least 40 down there - and what has the council done?

NOTHING

Yet, we have 2 new speed cameras on the A350, which conviently are focused on a short 'dual' stretch for passing slow traffic, approximatley 4 miles from the nearest dwelling..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links