Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Sport

R75

My mode of transport is a Rover 75 2.0 V6, which is a great car. Good quality feel, finished off to a high standard. The motah is extremely reliable and I have no course to complain about the car. I would have another, without hesitation.

However, my car will be some 3 years old this coming Mar (03). I feel I need to change marque.

I nearly bought a Lexus back in Mar 2000. I was offered a fantasic deal when BMW was selling off Rover, so good I couldn't refuse.

In my opinion the Lexus is a nice looking car. It has a good turn of speed, has a high specification and it has a "stonking" straight 6.

However, after surfing this forum I have noticed a couple of points which worry me. The paintwork is prone to stone chips due to the possible poor quality materials and the alloys seem to deteriate very quickly.

I've nearly made my mind up, 99% that I will purchase a Lexus. Just wondered if anyone had any sound advice to offer! I also realise that more people complain about a product than compliment.

R75

PS - I'm not baiting.

GRiM i looked on those sites and lexus claim the paint "shrugs off damage from stones and gravel". ironey if i've ever heard it!! im going to go to my lexus staffordshire dealer and question him about this as i dnt fancy the hassle when my car comes(25days left:D). thing is its Astral Black so i'll be in for some gravel chips. still an ace car though

R75,

As Rodders suggested, I think you should test drive the GS series, coming from the Rover 75, this would probably be a better choice than the IS series, also as the GS series has been around much longer, you would have much less problems, though I am not sure of the paint on them.

In any case test drive both the IS and GS and see what you fancy.

As has been mentioned by others the IS series from 2002 have most of the teeting problems sorted apart from paint.

Let us know what you go for.

No car, regardless of manufacturer is ever going to give years of trouble-free motoring, however, some are better than others. Lexus are one of those - I've had my IS200 2 years now and wheels apart (in queue for replacement) I've enjoyed every minute of it and had no other problems. For every 1 Lexus problem there are probably countless others for other manufacturers. Go and enjoy it - I'm pretty sure it will give more enjoyment than your Rover 75, it's RWD for a start, and as you say great I6 engine.

• 2 weeks later...

I think coming from a R75, you would be in a bit of a culture shock, plastics (although pretty high quality) and the firm ride! But then it will corner a lot better, no doubt, and give you the RWD feeling like no other.

I think with everything you have read on this site regarding problems, they are more irritations then real real problems. As I think here we have room to complain about irritations, whereas with other cars they would be tempting fate to talk about them!

Originally posted by Claire G

Since getting my IS200 Sport, I've never looked back (well except to gloat at BMW drivers when I leave them standing) :lol:

oh i cant wait to get my car so i can have some fun with the beemer people:rolleyes::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links