Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Praise You Is200 Thread.

It would be nice to have a thread that gives all the plus points, and trouble free miles of owning an IS200.

I'll start the ball rolling...... My cars a Sept 2000 SE Auto, i bought it with 28K on the clock with FLSH.

I';ve owned the car 15 months, i've service it myself and the only item i've had to replace outside the service schedule was a N/S headlamp due to condensation inside.

She's never missed a beat come rain or shine, summer or winter. She is without doubt the quietest and smoothest car i've owned ( and i've had a few over the years ) :D .

Maybe with 28K on the clock i'm not expecting any problems yet, but it would be nice to hear from members who's cars have a few miles under their belts and have had no faults :) .

Okay, I bought my IS200 Sport + Styling Kit in August 2004 from Lexus Nottingham with 41k on the clock. It had just had its 40k service and new discs and pads.

I've had some cosmetic work done under warranty; two 18" wheels corroded and the tops of the back doors still need re-painting.

Cigarette lighter needed fixing and windscreen wipers clicked each cycle, both were done under warranty.

I've asked about a wobbly gear stick in first and was told it was quite normal, car pulling when breaking and was told that was the larger wheels tramlining.

Other than those small niggles, the car is on 51k and I am more than happy so far. The only dealer brand that seems to come close is Volvo.

Quite interestingly when looking to replace my last car which was written off, I did the tour of dealers wearing jeans and a T-Shirt (I'm quite young at 26) and only Volvo, Jag and Lexus treated me well. All the others were quite rude and brash, not interested in giving me the time of day.

I'd certainly buy another Lexus, certainly from a dealer, but I would get them to write down all the agreements made before purchase, because they seem to forget things after purchase. I just stood my ground, refused to pay and complained. It seems to work, just stand your ground and you'll get what you want in the end!

I'm probably the worst customer anyone could want, especially when the dealers are used to people just paying what ever bills land in front of them.

I got my IS200 SE 14 months ago, its a 2000 W, it had FLSH when i got the car i do all the serviceing myself. why here you say......well i am going to keep the car.....and all so i dont like paying for thing that i can do for alot less, when i picked the car up it had 67000 on it now it has 102000 and all i have had to replace is 4 new tyres & Cam/belt at 100000 and pads all round. :)

and i have put alot of Mods on it as you can tell :whistling:

My wife had an IS200 Sport for two years. Only things that needed doing other than the standard service schedule were, had to replace two rear tyres due to normal wear and the head unit replaced under warranty within 5 days of phoning the dealer.

I have 2001 Is, bought it with 8k on the clock. Had no problems with my car, changed things that has to be changed in all cars after some time. I had to change front discs 3 times and one front braking mechanism, because i had accident and hit the right side. The discs are warped again, because the thing, to which wheel is fixed is damaged (i don't know how it is called in english). looking one from other car, because new one cost nonreasonable price! However i am happy with this high quality car.

well, mine's been ok, it's needed some work on it for it's MOT this year, i.e. both ball joints, but they were done under warranty (after a fight!!). She's never let me down, starts first time, the only thing is the back end gets a bit lively in the snow and ice, and when the roads are a bit greasy, but they're all like that!!

It's a 99V plate S model, with now 65k on the clock with a FLSH, and some minor mods on it :whistling: all listed in the garage!!!

Stu

Mine is a 200 Sport 99V, I brought in with Lexus as the prvious owner and I've had it for about 18 months now.

I first got the HeadUnit replaced under warranty - with no arguments, and only money I will have spent on it is for a near side wheel bearing, as it is going in the garage on Friday to have this fixed.

I've had 2 MOT's and 2 Services so far but other than that (touch wood) its not cost me anything else.

I would definetly consider another Lexus, dealership seems spot-on everytime and they are real high quality cars, built to last. Mine had 78k on when I brought it, but I've only done about 8k on since I had it, as have a company car. But even now with 85+ on the clock, it runs sweet. Start first time, every time!

and I've just got a DVD Player hooked up to my Sat Nav screen, which will keep me amused for a while.

Dave :driving:

134,000 miles, Got the car Dec 21st 2002 with around 92,000 miles on it. Only thing that has given me problems is the ECU has lost my codes for the Keyfob's. Other than that she still starts every time doesn't blow smoke and still burn off boy racer's at the lights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links