Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hood Struts On!

Stu

Well, the hood struts and Battery bar arrived this morning, and they are now on the car!!

They look quite good, but i think polished would have been better!!

A couple of quick questions tho, the bonnet doesn't line up exactly as it used to, but it's very close, is that gonna matter? And can the old support arm be removed completeley?

Cheers!

Stu

Many thanks to Mr Prolex for his yet again faultless service!! :winky:

how hard are the hood struts to fit??

i jsut got my rear clear fog light lenses put them on today so need something else to do??

wats involved int he fitting of the hood struts

thanks

lets see some pics!! :whistling:

Very easy to fit, even Aido can fit them.

They come with instructions

They're ***** easy Woodsy, even I managed it (and believe me that's saying something!)

Basically screw the mountings into the body work on the driver side of the car, unscrew the bolt at the top of the fuse box and mount the other there, then just unbolt the bonnet and attach the new mount and bolt back in (you just undo one bolt, mount the new fastener in place, put the first bolt back in, then unscrew the second bolt and swing the fastener into place and then tighten back up again)

Then you just screw the nipple things in place and push the pneumatic arms into place.

Job done :)

How you shut the bonnet then? Can you still drop the bonnet down to shut or have to push the bonnet down to shut? By pushing the bonnet down i got the impression that it leaves a dent if its done too much & ALWAYS ALWAYS been told not to do that!

they work perfectly.no issues

The struts only suspend the bonnet when above half way, below that they offer no resistance which is why the bonnet doesn't fly open etc, just hold it about 12 inches from closed, then drop - easy :)

The struts only suspend the bonnet when above half way, below that they offer no resistance which is why the bonnet doesn't fly open etc, just hold it about 12 inches from closed, then drop - easy :)

drop from 12 inches ?? That sounds a bit high aido ...

Ooh hang on, what's your understanding of how much 12 inches is ?? :duh: :P

:lol:

PMSL!!!

Tony nooooooooooooo that's wrong mate, I told you it was cold!!!

How far do you reckon? If I drop from only a few inches it doesn't lock and I have to manually close it....

:lol:

PMSL!!!

Tony nooooooooooooo that's wrong mate, I told you it was cold!!!

How far do you reckon? If I drop from only a few inches it doesn't lock and I have to manually close it....

*** Forbid you have to close it manually :ohmy:

Really is a doddle, just be careful that you get the bonnett lined up properly before shutting it for the first time, i didn't :whistling: but fortunatley it was only a gap issue, not a major bang the bodywork type issue!!!!

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links