Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking

While driving around today, I noticed quite a substantial creaking noise coming from what seems to be the rear of the car. What could be causing it? Car doesn't feel any different, but the noise is very disconcerting all the same.

Thought it might be the suspension creaking, but when I bounced the car up and down, there was no sound (not the most scientific approach I know :) )

My car's booked in to the dealers end of next week for some other work, can I ignore it till then or could it be something more important?

i had this, the passenger seat was at its lowest height so i rasied it up a notch and creaking is gone. bizzare.

Thanks for the reply mate, but its not that. I've had the passenger seat creak before, this sounds like the car is making it, not trim (if that makes any sense)

I had exactly the same thing mate. When my car went in for a service they said the rear shock was leaking. This was fixed last week and hey presto not heard a single creak so far! Not sure if's coincidence but there ya go anyways :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Mine creaked since I had the tighter anti-roll bars fitted, never worried about it, have got loads of rattles now with the mods on though! Noticed a strange one the other day, get a vibration coming from the back of the car when any bassy music comes on, turns out it's something in the roof as you can hear the roof vibrating outside, push it in and it stops for 30 seconds...

Going to get my extended warranty sorted then get the car in to be looked at!!!

I had exactly the same thing mate.  When my car went in for a service they said the rear shock was leaking.  This was fixed last week and hey presto not heard a single creak so far!  Not sure if's coincidence but there ya go anyways :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Hmmm, this could be a possibility, cos it really did feel like it was suspension related, I'll get them to check it out next week.

Mine creaked since I had the tighter anti-roll bars fitted, never worried about it, have got loads of rattles now with the mods on though! Noticed a strange one the other day, get a vibration coming from the back of the car when any bassy music comes on, turns out it's something in the roof as you can hear the roof vibrating outside, push it in and it stops for 30 seconds...

Going to get my extended warranty sorted then get the car in to be looked at!!!

Have you modified your audio in any way, cos I've found recently that the rear shelf rattles a bit at moderate volume with bassy music on B)

Is the extended warranty as good as the original one or does it cover less stuff? Mine runs out in july so its something I been thinkin about

Extended warranty is very good - not found anything that is not covered yet - costs a lot but good cover.

How much does it cost? Considering that the two services I've had have cost about £400 each, warranty might be worthwhile to prevent costs escalating :unsure:

£525 now - I paid £495 'cos the local dealer messed up by quoting me the old price - though to their credit they did hold it in the end.

Thats just getting silly, £525 is too much to pay on a car thats supposed to be reliable. I only extended mine because of all the probs i'd had with the car. Paid £400 for two years on my last Accord and it was as good a warrenty.

For a company with a reputation for customer satisfaction they're not afraid to fleece you at every oppertunity.

:tomato:

It's expensive but that's what you get with a 'prestige' make - you'd be saving a packet if they'd just badged the IS a Toyota in the UK....

Just don't forget your vaseline whenever you deal with them :lol:

It's expensive but that's what you get with a 'prestige' make - you'd be saving a packet if they'd just badged the IS a Toyota in the UK....

Just don't forget your vaseline whenever you deal with them :lol:

Yes they pushed my S*** back a fortnight when I bought it. Think of all the money they must make through all these people blessed with trouble free motoring who still extend. Still, never met anyone owning an IS200 who hadn't claimed at least once..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links