Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

9/11

Red

Obviously there are a lot of emotions about this, but I have just been sent this poem and thought I would share it

If I knew it would be the last time

That I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly

and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

that I see you walk out the door,

I would give you a hug and kiss

and call you back for one more.

I 'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,

I would video tape each action and word,

so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,

I could spare an extra minute

to stop and say "I love you,"

instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

I would be there to share your day,

Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,

so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow

to make up for an oversight,

and we always get a second chance

to make everything just right.

There will always be another day

to say "I love you,"

And certainly there's another chance

to say our "Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong,

and today is all I get,

I'd like to say how much I love you

and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,

young or old alike,

And today may be the last chance

you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,

why not do it today?

For if tomorrow never comes,

you'll surely regret the day,

That you didn't take that extra time

for a smile, a hug, or a kiss

and you were too busy to grant someone,

what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,

and whisper in their ear,

Tell them how much you love them

and that you'll always hold them dear

Take time to say "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."

And if tomorrow never comes,

you'll have no regrets about today.

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news, Sept. 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Good-bye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go." I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said. "Of course I will show you the way home -- only believe on Me now."

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there. Comforting and assuring them that their Faith has saved them.

I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name-though they did NOT all know Me. Some met me for the first time on the 100th floor. Some sought me out in their last breath. Some couldn't hear me calling to them throughout the smoke and flames, "Come to Me...this way...take my hand." Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.

But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day--you may not know why, But I DO. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? September 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go." I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

G.o.d

I was on holiday in cyprus when it happened last year. just locked my house got on the mo-ped . got to my nans house and everyone was silent, come to think about it there was no-one on the road everyone just looked at me and then back at the news on tv. sat down and couldnt believe what i was seeing.............

Rest

In

Peace

for all those who died on this day 1 year ago!!

i was just picking my car up.......new ,got on the ferry,as the first plane hit,new nothing about it till several hours later when stuck in a traffic jam in Germany,Christina called me to tell me what had happened.............

i have never been so angry in my life about this,those that know me know when i say......soon things WILL be getting sorted.................

even today it makes me sick to see the pictures,i was in New York several years ago and was at the W.T.C it kinda felt bad cos i was actually in them once

I was in work when I heard about it, I throught my mate was joking, it took a few minutes to sink in while watching the TV then suddenly the second plane hit,:wow: :( I felt so helpless then knowing that was nothing I could do.

*** bless all those involed.

I was at work too. Someone sent me a news link but I thought it was a junk email and deleted it. Then I a friend at work saw CNN news and we sat in silence mortified at what we were seeing.

Just sat and watched the TV that night in disbelief. I was pregnant at the time and fearful as to what was happening to the world.

One year later the images still shock and upset but people seem to be looking forward.

G.o.d bless those that were lost and those that survived.

Does anyone else find it unusuall that the date is the telephone number for help in the USA 911.

The events sadden us all, but they make us stronger and as one in the beliefs that this evil that men do should be stopped.

It is far too easy to terminate someones life, and destroy families.

I wish I was still in the Royal Marines so I could help stop this, but we can all stop this.

Some one somewhere knows of someone who supports these people, get them to speak up, terrorism needs money stop the money stop the terrorists. We all hear about the heroic Firemen and police and yes they were, but that day all who died or were injured are Hero's, they faced the ultimate fear and I know they never bowed to it. *** take care of them and their families and please *** if you exist let us find a way to stop this happening again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links