Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st To 2nd Help Please

the 1st to 2nd gear change is a well known problem ie it is crap also quite a few reports of difficulty changing into 3rd , appears as if it gets blocked when going into the gate.

for 1st/2nd take ur time doing the change and it will be ok. for 3rd u get to know now to do the gear change so it doesnt block

mines going in on tuesday to get the clutch stripped and looked at due to the same problem, its an 03 model so it should have the updated clutch but it still judders every now and then, i think i have naturally adapted my driving style to minimise this problem but as soon as my wife gets in it its back with avengeance.

ill let u know next week if its been sorted by the dealer, ive got my trd shifter waiting in the wings also. :winky:

the dealer did change my gearbox oil 2 weeks ago but it didnt work so hopefully it will be sorted this time.

if its still under warranty go back and show the dealer the problem

mines going in on tuesday to get the clutch stripped and looked at due to the same problem, its an 03 model so it should have the updated clutch but it still judders every now and then, i think i have naturally adapted my driving style to minimise this problem but as soon as my wife gets in it its back with avengeance.

ill let u know next week if its been sorted by the dealer, ive got my trd shifter waiting in the wings also.  :winky:

the dealer did change my gearbox oil 2 weeks ago but it didnt work so hopefully it will be sorted this time.

if its still under warranty go back and show the dealer the problem

thanks look foward to hearing if yours is sorted

well almost 2 weeks since my car went in and nothing to report other than its still at the dealers with the gearox in bits on the floor

I think they have forgotten how to put it back together :lol::lol:

all joking aside though it should be ready on tuesday so i will update you all.

i think it will be easier if i start off a new thread and just call it the gearbox review and i can review the gearbox as it is now having been repaired compared to how it was.

then ill put my trd shifter on and give another review

• 1 month later...

HI

I HAVE READ ALOT OF THREADS ABOUT GEARBOXES BUT NONE REALLY SEEM TO DESCRIBE MY PROBLEM, WHEN COLD THE GEARBOX SOUNDS REALLY WHINEY ALMOST SCREAMING. THE LOUDNESS OF THE WHINING REDUCES WHEN THE BOX IS WARM BUT STILL PRESENT THROUGH THE GEAR RANGE ! i AM NOW GETTING A DRONE IN 5TH AND 6TH WHEN FOOT IS TAKEN OFF THE ACCELERATOR AT SPEED ON THE MOTORWAY , ITS HARD TO DESCRIBE BUT IT A DEEP BASS HUMMING SOUND WHICH IS SOMETIMES LOUDER THAN OTHERS , TAKEN IT INTO LEXUS BOLTON LAST WEEK AND THEY JUST SAID IT WAS AS NOISY AS ALL OTHERS AND SUGGESTED CHANGING THE GEAR OOIL AT THE 30000 MILE SERVICE IT HAS ONLY DONE 26000

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS AS I AM SICK OF IT SOUNDING LIKE A 1.1 FIESTA WHEN GOING THROUGH THE GEARS

YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

CHEERS

hi mate,

from previous experience of bolton i am not surprised at thier answer, I know its bit of a trek but get yourself to stockport or one of the other dealers, i am sure you will get a different response.

Yeah try a different dealer.

My uncle is getting some new 'gears' under extended warranty. They tried replacing the oil but no difference.

I wouldn't stand for the symptoms you describe, sounds awful :angry:

cheers for the advise

will try stockport or even liverpool

they have it down on record at Bolton should this be a problem trying again at Stockport ?

no mate, it wont be a prob at all, just expalin what the situation is, what happened at bolton and u want someone else to look at it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links