Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Alignment

Froomer

Over the past few weeks ive been reading on this forum about Wheel Geometry setup on IS models. Ive Just had 2 front tyres fitted to my IS and the fitter pointed out that the rears where wearing on the inside edges. He ajusted the tracking on the front of the car but I noticed that the steering wheel was not straight with the car (5 degrees out).

I spoke to a ex tyre fitter friend who told me that just tracking the front is no good on a IS. He informed me that when tracking is just set on the front it may not be correct because it is setup with the back wheels hence if the back wheels are out you are fighting a loosing battle.

Any way he recommended I visit GOODWIN tyres in Ilford/Essex as he sold his 15k's worth of equipment to them. Went there yesturday and they informed me that the rear o/s camber was out and the front tracking was still out.

They set it all up for me for less that £60 and now it runs sweet with minimal tramlining. I will post the printout of the result in the next couple of days.

I personally, wouldn't goto Ilford to get my tyres/wheels checked sorted.

I use Elite

http://www.elitedirect.com/

They are great guys, massive store/workshop - and all a bunch of proffesionals.

That's based in Rainham, which you could kind of class as East London / Essex too !

The Goodwin tyres your talking about, is that the one on GREEN LANE ILFORD?

Over the past few weeks ive been reading on this forum about Wheel Geometry setup on IS models. Ive Just had 2 front tyres fitted to my IS and the fitter pointed out that the rears where wearing on the inside edges. He ajusted the tracking on the front of the car but I noticed that the steering wheel was not straight with the car (5 degrees out).

I spoke to a ex tyre fitter friend who told me that just tracking the front is no good on a IS. He informed me that when tracking is just set on the front it may not be correct because it is setup with the back wheels hence if the back wheels are out you are fighting a loosing battle.

Any way he recommended I visit GOODWIN tyres in Ilford/Essex as he sold his 15k's worth of equipment to them. Went there yesturday and they informed me that the rear o/s camber was out and the front tracking was still out.

They set it all up for me for less that £60 and now it runs sweet with minimal tramlining. I will post the printout of the result in the next couple of days.

That print out "please" can you post it...

• 4 weeks later...

WIM.. it is worth the trip to Watford for someone (Tony) to set it up properly and wont charge you the earth either,plus its not to far away from Essex.

Thanks Scorpion, but what Ukazn has left out from his post is the fact he did come to me today and........ the car is to low! seemingly my barrier is -35mil + 18" wheels. i did prempt this may happen so in advance the best i could do for Ukazn is to write the new set-up for "who ever" to set. ( sorry Ukazn )

Tony......you need to address your problem with the low cars :D ....Mark said he wanted to bring the Monster to you aswell.......

I want him to bring it to You :D

Yeh i know, this afternoon i had a meeting with the companys head of developments to discuss how STS are going to support "me", and i gave todays examples. Of all the cars i have done for LOC only three have i let down, but that is three to many. it would seem that this area is going to be addressed, lower longer ramp £5000 and the wheel clamps £1100, Simon will also be there if i can set-up the geometry "free health" check day. wheels-inmotions (my) vision is unique to our industry and is still in the "development" stage, and not quite there yet. thing is if wheels-inmotion was a "stand alone" company i could'nt support the price structure, but within STS i can....

Tony......you need to address your problem with the low cars :D ....Mark said he wanted to bring the Monster to you aswell.......

Yeh i know, this afternoon i had a meeting with the companys head of developments to discuss how STS are going to support "me", and i gave todays examples. Of all the cars i have done for LOC only three have i let down, but that is three to many. it would seem that this area is going to be addressed, lower longer ramp £5000 and the wheel clamps £1100, Simon will also be there if i can set-up the geometry "free health" check day. wheels-inmotions (my) vision is unique to our industry and is still in the "development" stage, and not quite there yet. thing is if wheels-inmotion was a "stand alone" company i could'nt support the price structure, but within STS i can....

lets hope all goes well then.......

Looks like the bumper will have to be removed :duh:

lets hope all goes well then.......

Looks like the bumper will have to be removed :duh:

"OH" yes, the ramp run-up is in metres not miles.....

hnmm i need my geometry doing soon and its a bit far from here to watford and if you type wheel geometry setting into a search engine (i use google) the first 3 suggestions are from here

Why! with all the information out there is that so... great for loc since it shows true control in this area, but top three veiws how does this happen...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links