Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ouch the brake master cylinder has given up the ghost .............just had to pay out £2,200 for a new one (that with the LOC discount!) :crybaby: it appears thet there are not many GSII in the breakers at the mo!

ouch the brake master cylinder has given up the ghost .............just had to pay out £2,200 for a new one (that with the LOC discount!) :crybaby: it appears thet there are not many GSII in the breakers at the mo!

HOW MUCH?!?!?...JEEEEZ :blink: :duh: :huh: . I think I'll open my bonnet, kiss the master cylinder and tell it I love it lots :lol::lol::lol:

Tony.

It can't be that much ?? Can it ?????

surely things like this can be reconditioned new seals etc

is there the know how here to do things like this and if it can be done why don't we do make sure we keep the old parts and stockpile them we could have our own stores :D

i know the logistics of it seem a nightmare but is it plausible ?

any money made could be put back into the club given to charity i dunno

little bit :offtopic: but just a wild idea

It can't be that much ?? Can it ?????

Yes, there have been several people with this problem. Most people have been able to find a used one rather than paying the £2k.

The fault is probably either the pump or the pressure sensor. Don't think any dealer has actually swapped these parts over it find the exact cause, just replace the whole assembly.

Yes i'm gonna keep the old bits and yes lexus hatfield - if anyone is interested in the bits please pm me.....................i did try many lexus and other breakers but absolutely no luck?!

hope nobody else has to shell out this much for one in the future :crybaby:

another reason why i am slowly going of the idea of buying another lexus ,2k is the price most cars would cost you if the engine went ,that is an absoulute rip off .realy have had my heart set on a GS430 and now have the money but stories like this one just put me of .i wonder what the comparism is for this part for other cars merc bmw etc

i know expensive cars have expensive parts but the gs300 was only 34k and i dont think that warrants 2k on a master cylinder ,perhaps on a bently or a ferrari etc but not a posh toyota as people like to call them ,also a part that cost 2k should last a bit longer than one of a cheaper car but it seems to me this is a common fault on the GS.

Actually you would've thought with the numbers of lexus gs300 and 430 mk2's driving round that this part wouldn't be that expensive, but one of my brothers mates in a gs300 sport mk2 had to pay £2.4k at his local lexus dealer for one. Its the same with all the parts though, they are all expensive. Don't suppose they use the same brake cylinder in other toyota's? could someone look it up, just for future reference?

i know expensive cars have expensive parts but the gs300 was only 34k and i dont think that warrants 2k on a master cylinder ,perhaps on a bently or a ferrari etc but not a posh toyota as people like to call them ,also a part that cost 2k should last a bit longer than one of a cheaper car but it seems to me this is a common fault on the GS.

It's not just a master cylinder. The brake booster is not vacuum driven but by and electric pump. There are also loads of solenoids all built into it for the VSC.

Actually you would've thought with the numbers of lexus gs300 and 430 mk2's driving round that this part wouldn't be that expensive, but one of my brothers mates in a gs300 sport mk2 had to pay £2.4k at his local lexus dealer for one. Its the same with all the parts though, they are all expensive. Don't suppose they use the same brake cylinder in other toyota's? could someone look it up, just for future reference?

The master cylinder was updated with the face lift model so the GS430 one isn't the same. I've not heard of this problem on any face lift models (oct 2000 +)

The only other model that may use the same part is the LS400 MKIV. Don't know of any other Toyota that uses this part.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links