Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is300 Sport Cross

Has anyone on this forum got a Sport Cross ? In particular an IS300 ?

I have a Y plate IS200 sport which I am thinking of chopping in for one.

If anyone has one let me know your experiences of it.

My next step will be to give my local dealer ( Croydon ) a call and take one out for a spin.

The reason I am considering this move is because my wife and I are expecting our second child in 6 months, and everyone out there who has an IS200 and kids knows that the boot is a tad small ! :tomato:

Thanks guys.

The reason I am considering this move is because my wife and I are expecting our second child in 6 months, and everyone out there who has an IS200 and kids knows that the boot is a tad small !  :tomato:

Thanks guys.

The Sport Cross has less boot space than the saloon unless you fold the rear seats down. Kind of defeats the object? :blink:

Sportcross does have smaller boot check the spec sheets, also IS200 SX comes with 16" wheels :angry:

I have 2 kids with my IS, agree boot is tight but still mangaged 3 Keycamp holidays in France with it.

I just changed from an SE to a SportCross for the same reason.

We've got a 1 year old daughter and the last year of taking the wheels off the 3-wheeler, turning it endways to slide it in thru the small boot opening has all been a pain in the :tsktsk: !!

I loved the IS so much I couldn't get anything else, so a SportCross it had to be!!

Had it 3 weeks now and its fantastic. I didn't realise the boot was smaller-I'm still not convinced-but I'll take your word for it.

But what makes it worthwhile is the Rear Hatch opening - access is so much better - we don't have to take the wheels off the 3-wheeler now!! :D

Go for it fella, get one!! :winky:

Cheers

Matt

The SX maybe a smaller over - all boot ..... but the access to it is far better for carrying stuff around.

I had a 24 hours test drive in an IS300 SX ........ and I made good use of the boot :D

Go for it ...........

Time to speak to the dealer I think. :D

Hopefully I'll get a decent trade in. Any idea what I could push for without getting slapped by the dealer ??? :duh: :question::tomato::tomato:

It's a black IS200 Sport DVD Navigator on a Y plate, 2001 with 44k miles. Full Lexus history etc etc.

My next step will be to give my local dealer ( Croydon ) a call and take one out for a spin.

The reason I am considering this move is because my wife and I are expecting our second child in 6 months, and everyone out there who has an IS200 and kids knows that the boot is a tad small !  :tomato:

Thanks guys.

I am expecting my second child in october. :D I am seriously considering buying an IS200 in the next few weeks, but don't want to move to something too impractical. Bear in mind that I've had an RX-8 and I could take a portable cot, pushchair (Mclaren) and a weeks worth of stuff for myself, baby and wife. All in 290 litres of space. Admitedlly it took some serious packing and we used the spare back seat as well.

Can anyone who has two kids tell me how they get along with it? I've seen two postings already.

Thanks guys.

I am expecting my second child in october. :D I am seriously considering buying an IS200 in the next few weeks, but don't want to move to something too impractical. Bear in mind that I've had an RX-8 and I could take a portable cot, pushchair (Mclaren) and a weeks worth of stuff for myself, baby and wife. All in 290 litres of space. Admitedlly it took some serious packing and we used the spare back seat as well.

Can anyone who has two kids tell me how they get along with it? I've seen two postings already.

Has anyone fitted a thule roofrack or the like , or even a thule back box thingy? Or is this missing the point?

http://www.thule.com/frames.asp?id=8590

:P

Thanks guys.

Has anyone fitted a thule roofrack or the like , or even a thule back box thingy? Or is this missing the point?

I bought the Lexus Roof Bars and stuck a roof box on top of my SE for when we went away for weekends, xmas etc.

Actually I don't need them now I got the SX! I'll have to dig em out and stick em on eBay - thanks for reminding me about that!! :P

Like to through a few facts into this thread :winky: ....data taken from the sales brochures, IS200/300 saloon , boot capacity 400 litres, IS300 Sportscross..seats up 343 litres...seats down 1046 litres :)

How much you thinking of selling the roofbars, is the roofbox practical? I am really hoping it is. 95% of my journeys are short trips with the odd very long trips. on the weekend I need something that can carry the kids stuff in it.

J

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links