Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Gear Should Be Banned

NickF

A transport pressure group yesterday demanded the end of the popular BBC2 programme ‘Top Gear’, claiming it promotes irresponsible driver behaviour. It wants a replacement show called Third Gear, which would promote “sensible driving in sensible vehicles.”

Link

I have to say, that this doesn't sound like a recipe for great TV. What do you think? Could this be the end for Clarkson? Discuss! :P

It's the green mob having a go again. They want us all to ride bicycles ! I bet they don't mind an ambulance going at 90 M.P.H. to save one of their loved ones or a Police car speeding to protect their property. It is what suits them. More polution from a London bus than a Ferrari. If we all wanted to drive "sensible" cars and all be the same. Let Palin give up his millions and be the first to do so.

“Everyone is talking about how to reduce car use, cut climate change emissions" :duh:

Didn't hear that convo anytime in my life, apart from on the telly when I watch it. Don't do that much as it uses power and is bad for the environment :D

No, red sock wearing types should be banned.

They commented on taking the disco up that mountain in Scotland...

The sodding Ramblers assoc are responsible for ripping up more of the UK's countryside than any other organisation.... Look at the pennine way.

I bet they guy mentioned in the article drives a regular car and NOT a prius or similar.

Sodding Hypocrite

Banning a program will not change anything. Top Gear for me is escapism as it shows cars I haven't any chance in hell of driving, and we have all wanted to drive a car through a caravan.

The ratings say it all.

If you want to ban top gear, why not ban every motor racing sport as well?

this is transport2000 - bet you thought that name sounded futuristic 8 years ago fella's!

They are a bunch of tree-huggers, who probably drive the worst CO2 polluting cars you can find, and find any reason to cause a stir..

You know what - i agree, TV programs CAN cause people to do things..

I say we ban Coronation Street, didnt they have a serial killer in one story? not to mention lots of other things we wouldnt want a housewife running out and doing - same for eastenders and the rest of the soaps..

we could go on all day...

They are a bunch of tree-huggers, who probably drive the worst CO2 polluting cars you can find

Spot on! They always drive VW campers, maroon Renault's or beetles with smoke pi**ing out the back. Let's start a group to ban tree-huggers and rainbow coloured jumpers. The only people who should wear combat boots and Jackets are Soldiers. (They're being ironic!, aren't they clever?)

The advert looks like a wind-up though. (It certainly wound me up) :tsktsk:

I'm off to rev my bike up in the garage.

this is transport2000 - bet you thought that name sounded futuristic 8 years ago fella's!

They are a bunch of tree-huggers, who probably drive the worst CO2 polluting cars you can find, and find any reason to cause a stir..

You know what - i agree, TV programs CAN cause people to do things..

I say we ban Coronation Street, didnt they have a serial killer in one story? not to mention lots of other things we wouldnt want a housewife running out and doing - same for eastenders and the rest of the soaps..

we could go on all day...

Ha ha, tickles me, Lexus C02 is dreadful! On another note, if Top Gear was not aired, he could not slag off Lexus.

i think these people should be worring about all the hot air coming outa their mouths and how that will affect the ozone layer! combined with a raise in vegitarian tax (due to extra methane release!!).

SOOOOO LETS HAVE A HIPPY TAX, and ban hippy cooking programes!

I don't like top gear personally, in particular the way it has evolved over the last few years.

But certainly don't agree it causes yobbishness or should be banned.

Electric vehicles are no better for the enviroment currently as so little electricity is produced from renewable sources.

I like the program, but the thing that irritates me is the 'unrehearsed' style, like when one of them starts a random discussion which links nicely to the next clip. Oh and the fact that Pendine beach is now closed to vehicles partly because topgear racing on it, and doing donuts etc encouraged a load of like minded people to do the same, which prompted complaints from walkers (why would anyone want to walk 7miles along a beach, and back) which the local council brought in HSE who recommended total closure to all wheeled vehicles.

Old top gear was excellent..... every thursday night :D

the new top gear is all about celebrities..... not my style .... :yawn:

although, I do watch it all the time.. can't help it .mad about cars

the only programme that keeps me at the edge of my seat is best motoring ...I guess everyone in here knows about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links