Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Telepathy & Dreams

Niraj

I thought this might be an interesting subject to hear peoples views on this.

Do you believe in telepathy? (When thoughts are transmitted or received without verbal of physical communication)

Ever had that feeling of, remembering an old friend, and then the phone rings... low and behold, it's the old friend you were thinking of... freaky?

Do you believe that your dreams tell you something about your future? Maybe they tell you something about what you wanted from your past? Maybe they tell you nothing at all?

I've had dreams, where i've got the distinct feeling that something has happened. Then later that day, week or month, i get the feeling of De Ja Voux, only to luckily remember it was in the dream that i first had those feelings, and now they have become true... maybe its just me? I dont know.

I really want to discuss this with people who are on a similar wavelength, as i think this can make for good conversation.

There are plenty of other unexplained things i'd like to talk about, so hopefully someone will get the ball rolling.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts... :)

There is a spritual dimension that it is possible to be aware of with both a good and evil source for what is experienced. Sometimes its just coincidence though.

i have always taken a scientific approach to things. but isn't "coincidence" the around about way of saying "we dont know"?

Interpretation is a good explanation though. Do we have any psychologist who could give an example of how ESP is perceived to work in the mind, and in which cases we are vulnerable to these instances? :blink:

no.

Coincidence is just an event that has a very low probability of happening.

For instance, your walking down the street, saying 'I havent seen Bill in a while' turn the corner and he's there...

Thats coincidence - something that happens that is unlikely... but that doesnt make it anymore 'sprirital' than walking down the street talking about Bill, turning the corner and bumping into Bob...

i have always taken a scientific approach to things. but isn't "coincidence" the around about way of saying "we dont know"?

Interpretation is a good explanation though. Do we have any psychologist who could give an example of how ESP is perceived to work in the mind, and in which cases we are vulnerable to these instances?  :blink:

As for the latter...

Its really easy. Click here

A perfect example of ambiguity and interpretation..

Just read them, they have ambiguous statements, such as 'increase your financial situation' (taken from Aries) which could mean one of many things. They also suggest a course of thought, such as 'it could mean starting a side buisness' which of course, could lead you to consider this action, which you may not have previously done...

oh - and think about it...

Whether 'horoscopes' or 'mediums' or whatever, they will always discuss one of four topics...

Health, wealth, family and friends...

why? simply because these are key issues to almost everyone...

oh - and think about it...

Whether 'horoscopes' or 'mediums' or whatever, they will always discuss one of four topics...

Health, wealth, family and friends...

why? simply because these are key issues to almost everyone...

Well said.

With horoscopes, assuming a 60mil population, spead over 12 star signs, thats 5mil per star sign. They've gotta be right with their guesses or 'predictions' for at least one person.

And with the mediums, did anyone see the Derren Brown programme where he basically went to America and conned people into believing whatever he told them? He did a 'spiritual reading', but in effect, as he admitted, he just read people's reactions and told them what they wanted to hear.

im an open minded sceptic.

now,,, i believe in 'something' no javadude not *** lol. because the mind is a powerful thing and ther are some extraordinary people out there who can demonstrate such.

ESP....hmmm yeh id say there is some cause for belief there.

Dreams .... my thoughts are that the mind uses dreams to work out worries or concerns via pictoral methods (however abstract they can be)

Mediums...... 98% are FRAUDS..ie just very good sales people who play the statistics game and can read people subconcious give aways, and like ian (fidgits) said there are concerns that ALL people have, and if your in a room with 100 odd people then stats wise your gona hit the target.

did anyone see a recent episode of Most Haunted with Derak Achora.....he is the BIGGEST fraud going,, this episode he was 'drwan' to a particular painting, he wne ton about this and that blah blah the spirit hangs around this picture blah blah.........and you know what IT WASNT EVEN THE RIGHT PICTURE...

But WAIT his best bit was yet to come.... he went on to say that the sprits of the dead people from this house all passed over and are now BUNNY RABBITS out on in the estates gardens,......... even Yvette Fielding said errr Derek you realise that a lot of people will find that hard to believe......

ahhh dreams...

I completley missed that one... this is good as well...

I read in the new scientist about the latest research and scientific reasons for why 'we do actually dream'...

You see, sleep is a time for the body to repair and recover itself (the liver is the only organ which cannot heal over time you know) and this includes the brain..

Now, its commonly accepted, when you fall asleep, you go into whats known as REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is when you dream, from that, you go into 'deep sleep' and then, you come back to REM before waking. (there are exceptions, ill get there in a minute)

So, new research suggests, that REM state is almost like 'a scandisk function' - which is, as you fall asleep, the brain fires the synaptics to see which are working correctly, and which arnt, so it knows which ones to repair while you sleep. Of course, firing synaptics can cause all sorts of things, movement, talking, but most commonly, it will cause memories/thoughts - in other words dreams...

And of course, after the sleep and repair, the brain checks its repairs in the same way, which again causes dreams.

And think about it, if you woken up early out of a deep sleep, its really hard to get going, and you feel more groggy than normal, as if your brain isnt quite up to speed...

just some food for thought there ;)

What cause is this?

Most people have much more 'perceptual' ability than they are aware of and much more than they use in everyday life. These are through the combination of the standard five senses and nothing to do with special powers.

Some people are more adept naturally this or you can train yourself to be more intuitive, read body language, facial expressions, understand non-verbal communication etc.

I don't believe in a 'sixth sense' as seen on TV.

What cause is this?

Most people have much more 'perceptual' ability than they are aware of and much more than they use in everyday life. These are through the combination of the standard five senses and nothing to do with special powers.

Some people are more adept naturally this or you can train yourself to be more intuitive, read body language, facial expressions, understand non-verbal communication etc.

I don't believe in a 'sixth sense' as seen on TV.

ahh dr evil wondering when you would pop onto this thread,, for those that dotn know this man is a pshycotherapist (that right) so can offer some insight intothe mind.

your comments dr wevil probally is what i meant to say...

i dont believe in the 'magic' of esp,, but yeh some people are more in tuen with there senses and surroundings

Someone clarify this for me...

The human body emits radiation of sorts? Waves and energy emission individual and unique that can be measured with the correct tools (eg Neuroscans)

How is it that we take for granted the fact that we can receive audio through a radio travelling across the air, is it not possible for the same way a human to be a transmitter of data, and another human to be a receiver, hence completing the vital requirements for telepathy?

curiosity is killing the cat.... :blink:

Well, i can set you straight on the Déjà vu thing, we've all have it from time to time, its just the signals from the eye, being slightly delays before getting to the brain.....simple :) .

Well, i can set you straight on the Déjà vu thing, we've all have it from time to time, its just the signals from the eye, being slightly delays before getting to the brain.....simple :) .

no such thing as deja vu its just a glitch in the matrix

yeh i heard about this, i believe in the science side of it, so i'm not going to argue on that.

BUT i'd like to play devils advocate for just a moment, and let you know, that when i get this feeling of de ja voux, i can specifically recall and REMEMBER when i saw it the first time, previous to it happening just then.

Normal deja voux is just confusion...

yeh i heard about this, i believe in the science side of it, so i'm not going to argue on that.

BUT i'd like to play devils advocate for just a moment, and let you know, that when i get this feeling of de ja voux, i can specifically recall and REMEMBER when i saw it the first time, previous to it happening just then.

Normal deja voux is just confusion...

ah - and just a counter point here, not fact...

is it not possible that the deja-vu you refer to, could actually be a memory problem.

Such as - you see something happen, have this deja-vu feeling due to a glitch - then remember when and where - BUT, what the glitch has done, has overwritten what actually happened with what you have just seen...

In computer terms, you accidently (without knowing) overwrote your old CV with your new one - so when you look at the old one - you see the new one BUT accept it as the old one, because thats how it is filed?

Oh, and I thought Neurology/radioology etc all worked by firing ions/radio waves at your brain and reading the reflections? I dont know of any medical device which just reads 'aura'..

Oh, and I thought Neurology/radioology etc all worked by firing ions/radio waves at your brain and reading the reflections? I dont know of any medical device which just reads 'aura'..

Excellent, this is the type of thing i was hoping to hear.

Well how about this...:

The human body is capable of producing heat. Heat is a form of energy. So could it therefore along the same reasoning, be conceivable for a human to emit other forms of energy, which was put very well as "aura"?

My example of deja-vu was Saturday night. After dinner with a few friends we went to Baskins & Robins for dessert. Here i had a mint choc chip scoop with hot fudge. After taking my first bite, i had the feeling of it already happened. I thought back, and remembered it wasn't deja-vu i was experiencing but a memory i was recalling, from 3 weeks previous.

I'm not a dessert person and had forgotten that 3 weeks ago, i had some Toffee & Nut ice cream at home one evening.

So what i had was a definitive explanation to this sensation of deja-vu.

Hope i didn't go TOO off subject. (I'm very hungry for dessert all of a sudden :blush: )

but thats not deja-vu - as Doc says, that is just one of your 5 senses (in this case - taste) firing a memory - nothing special about that...

but the sensation was deja-vu... i promise, it wasnt a feeling of memory.

The thing with me, and probably others is, we yearn for answers. When i got this sensation of deja-vu it was too easy to just dismiss, which is when i started tracking back through my memory. I had completely forgotten about the ice cream 3 weeks back, until i thought for a little while.

An example of memory, would be waking up early, and stepping out the house, and the morning air to be filled with a "burnt toast" smell. This always reminds me of when i was in Primary school, and the smell through the window as Lunchtime approached.

(PS: food in my primary school was crap! so this is not a good memory :lol: )

yes, i know what your saying - but what your describing is just a sense recalling a memory, theres nothing mystical about a taste or smell reminding you of something... infact, smell is the most powerful sense for recalling events..

so how about dreams?

i'd like to hear some stories of things that have come true after seeing them in a dream... can't think of the word but there's a special word for this kind of thing... "seeing into the future" etc...

i went through a phase where i used to get real bad dreams (nightmares) it lasted for about 3 months. They were completely inconsequential, but the feeling was not good.

the other day i had a dream, a good dream :winky: i really hope that it comes true :winky:

I already covered dreams....

ahhh dreams...

I completley missed that one... this is good as well...

I read in the new scientist about the latest research and scientific reasons for why 'we do actually dream'...

You see, sleep is a time for the body to repair and recover itself (the liver is the only organ which cannot heal over time you know) and this includes the brain..

Now, its commonly accepted, when you fall asleep, you go into whats known as REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is when you dream, from that, you go into 'deep sleep' and then, you come back to REM before waking. (there are exceptions, ill get there in a minute)

So, new research suggests, that REM state is almost like 'a scandisk function' - which is, as you fall asleep, the brain fires the synaptics to see which are working correctly, and which arnt, so it knows which ones to repair while you sleep. Of course, firing synaptics can cause all sorts of things, movement, talking, but most commonly, it will cause memories/thoughts - in other words dreams...

And of course, after the sleep and repair, the brain checks its repairs in the same way, which again causes dreams.

And think about it, if you woken up early out of a deep sleep, its really hard to get going, and you feel more groggy than normal, as if your brain isnt quite up to speed...

just some food for thought there ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links