Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rover

I had a very sad "truma" email for help today by an owner of a brand new 75 with a bad pull to the left, the whole email read as somone in real "distress" and without support by the dealers, he was told that all warranty work is now "void"!!!

"Surely" this cant be! can it.... how do i reply with the bad news? how would you feel if it was your "Lex", ROVER "aka" the leach has a real human factor to answer to, dont you think....

warrenty on second hand cars is still full, as its being handled by a second party......

intrestingly.

i asked about what "Deals" can be done on the new Tax free rovers here in Germany, and theres none because the cars in Germany are bought By Rover Germany, and then sold Tax free.....Rover Germany is still offering Full Rover Warrenty.

However, You cannot nopw get Finance for a Rover Tax free, so Rover Germany is unable to sell the cars, and even when the cars come over from the UK and are docked at Bremerhaven, the dock workers wont release the cars.......because Rover UK hasnt the money to pay for there Release to Rover Germany

its a crazy crazy situation...

theres a guy i have been told about who has paid fpor his MG in full, but is unabvle to collect it from the Docks.....

and there is Nothing Rover Germany or anyone can do........Tis a crazy time, the ramifications of The Rover MG collapse has had a wide and heavy impact

Then its true the "human" factor once again falls onto the "common" man, hard earned money, trust then the middle finger! well i feel so sorry for a lot of people out there, this will cost us all!.. maybe now the new fullycomp Rovers will be a target for theives and end up in the Canal...dont you think.

Then its true the "human" factor once again falls onto the "common" man, hard earned money, trust then the middle finger! well i feel so sorry for a lot of people out there, this will cost us all!.. maybe now the new fullycomp Rovers will be a target for theives and end up in the Canal...dont you think.

I would not blame anyone with a new rover for getting rid of in that way ,i would feel very bitter :angry:

I would not blame anyone with a new rover for getting rid of in that way ,i would feel very bitter :angry:

Nor me, how must they feel, Monday polish, tuesday push into canal, wednsday lose £2000 on the insurance, thursday kick the neighboures cat into orbit, friday with the insurance pay out put a deposit on a Lex, saturday feeling better!

At the moment his only option might be to reject the car under Sale Of Goods etc. ( I'm sure an expert could give him a written report to say it is unsafe or something similar ) ....... then as long as the dealer hasn't gone bust yet he can get his money back ....

At the moment his only option might be to reject the car under Sale Of Goods etc. ( I'm sure an expert could give him a written report to say it is unsafe or something similar ) ....... then as long as the dealer hasn't gone bust yet he can get his money back ....

From what i know they claim "bust" now all the cars are part of the assetes and belong to the bank..i think?

The dealer he purchased the car from will be responsible if the car is rejected, if the dealer is still trading he can do it - I think only 3 dealers are bankrupt at the minute,

The fact that rover are down the pan doesn't matter from that respect as his contract was with the dealer, what he has lost due to the demise of Rover is just the warranty :(

The dealer he purchased the car from will be responsible if the car is rejected, if the dealer is still trading he can do it - I think only 3 dealers are bankrupt at the minute,

The fact that rover are down the pan doesn't matter from that respect as his contract was with the dealer, what he has lost due to the demise of Rover is just the warranty :(

That was the customers point, the geometry cost cannot be re-claimed so they refused to do it! hence the distresed email and this thread, i cannot reply "down road second turn on left and "push" it seems that the best support for mr 75 is best of luck, but the whole situation is "pants" for everyone!

Good news is after all our "anger". the pull with his new 75 should be nothing more than "tyre drift" not geometry! "one down" 25000 to go, watch this space.

The demise of Rover has so many consequences, workers, suppliers, shops that sell to them, owners of cars, dealers.......

Will anyone step in for the owners and say don't worry we will pick up the bill if your new car goes wrong. Don't think so!

As for the alleged "missing" £40m, time will tell. Some opportunists moved in bought the lot an F**cked off with a load of dosh. To be barred as a Director of a company in this country you have to defraud either the Inland Revenue or HM Customs & Excise the rest of us don't matter.

Why did Pheonix get it in the first place, Politics and money! Have the Directors got 40mil or is some in other pockets?

Bit off topic but why did Branson not get the lottery, easy, he was not for profit means no Corporation Tax for the Treasury but would have been more money to "good causes". The Treasury went for the cash so if you buy a lottery ticket you are paying yet more in tax, assuming you lose of course. Anyway "dismount soap box"

The worst is that the Rover parasites who smuggled sleeping bags into work in the 1970s after Wilson nationalised it, have pipped others to the post in claiming from the Pension Protection Fund.

Allders went under months earlier, but they still haven't claimed from it yet.

The Rover layabouts have let the country down and are blaming everyone else.

The worst is that the Rover parasites who smuggled sleeping bags into work in the 1970s after Wilson nationalised it, have pipped others to the post in claiming from the Pension Protection Fund.

Allders went under months earlier, but they still haven't claimed from it yet.

The Rover layabouts have let the country down and are blaming everyone else.

I agree to the "max" but the point of the thread is "us"!!!! the hard worker who has saved up the money to buy a dream car, Lexus, Rover whatever, the Goverments "save the worker" plan is all good and well but what about Mr 75 with the pull to the left! He= "us" is the silent victim...

I agree to the "max" but the point of the thread is "us"!!!! the hard worker who has saved up the money to buy a dream car, Lexus, Rover whatever, the Goverments "save the worker" plan is all good and well but what about Mr 75 with the pull to the left! He= "us" is the silent victim...

Errrm, you do pay taxes don't you? What about the tax paying silent victims?

If anyone has a rover and still under a now void warrenty, if they bought on Finance or paid a deposit by credit card, if any work needs carrying out on it which would have been warrenty work they can claim it under the consumer credit act as the finance company and credit card companny have joint liability. It is a hassle to go through with it but it is one way to do it.

Errrm, you do pay taxes don't you? What about the tax paying silent victims?

"Ah" but Mr 75 like us all has payed his "tax", it all seems to me that the only thing we make in the UK is people "redundant", the only thing we "export" are soldiers and the biggest thing we "inport" are immigrants.

If you really think about the human factor think about all the people in the midland that have no job now. If you consider this and the fact that they may default on their mortgage or have to sell what do you thin that will do to house prices and interest rates across the country. If no one managess to find a job after rover as there is only jag aroundthat area and peugeot and i havent seen many ads for others then the knock on effect could be house prices then house owners become the victim of the rover collapse

It's not that good in the Midlands :( Think Jag have / are stopping building most cares in Coventry, they have also stopped production of the X Type again ( wherever they are built ) as they are not selling and I think Peugeot isn't too healthy.

It's not that good in the Midlands :( Think Jag have / are stopping building most cares in Coventry, they have also stopped production of the X Type again ( wherever they are built ) as they are not selling and I think Peugeot isn't too healthy.

and Rolls is looking dodgy too as Ansty is the only site they own outright if they want to make money guess which one will go

If you really think about the human factor think about all the people in the midland that have no job now. If you consider this and the fact that they may default on their mortgage or have to sell what do you thin that will do to house prices and interest rates across the country. If no one managess to find a job after rover as there is only jag aroundthat area and peugeot and i havent seen many ads for others then the knock on effect could be house prices then house owners become the victim of the rover collapse

"Never" would i think that Mr 75 is of more concern than all those who have lost their jobs the "Human" factor evolvels in different areas, and with different levels of passion, "ANYONE" that has lost their job would be on top of my list i dont deny that but that topic was not the "job" losses but the buyer, i feel "very" sad for those who have lost their jobs. maybe the support for Mr 75 could keep things alive untill somone takes charge? BTW "did" you work for Rover?

"Never" would i think that Mr 75 is of more concern than all those who have lost their jobs the "Human" factor evolvels in different areas, and with different levels of passion, "ANYONE" that has lost their job would be on top of my list i dont deny that but that topic was not the "job" losses but the buyer, i feel "very" sad for those who have lost their jobs. maybe the support for Mr 75 could keep things alive untill somone takes charge? BTW "did" you work for Rover?

No didn't work for rover but where i went to school there was a feeder for people to leave education and go there for jobs so i know a few people who worked there and the motor industry in the midlands supplies a hell of alot of jobs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links