Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cd Changer Jammed!

My CD player in my IS200 has jammed and is showing an ERROR3. I am a few weeks outside my extended warrenty (ran out in April 05') and I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on getting this fixed? I really don't want to pay the full cost of lexus repair as Im a bit short of cash at the moment!

I have called lexus but they say they cant do anything which is a bit annoying as it was soo close to the end.

Is there any cheaper solutions? I would be happy to just remove the CDs myself and not use the CD player for a while? Can any 3rd party companies fix it?

they should be ok if u give them a call now, tell them only just run out, you may be surprised.

I tried but they were being very blunt and basically said NO CHANCE which I was a bit annoyed about as it has been faulty for a while. I suppose I should of taken it in earlier... :( I just hoped they could of been a bit flexible!

smack by the stero on the passengers side

I will give this a go! fingers crossed!!

they should be ok if u give them a call now, tell them only just run out, you may be surprised.

I tried but they were being very blunt and basically said NO CHANCE which I was a bit annoyed about as it has been faulty for a while. I suppose I should of taken it in earlier... :( I just hoped they could of been a bit flexible!

smack by the stero on the passengers side

I will give this a go! fingers crossed!!

i was a week out they sed no

turn engine off

smack it 2 times and it shud pop out

I had this in france whilst tryin to eject a cd, got stuck and gave err3. just mess about with eject button and fishing in and out the slot (ooh-err) with another cd. did the trick for me. came out in the end. other alternative is to strip the cd player down and fish out the cd's. I've not done this but a think a few people on here have

i have stripped the cd unit down, it takes a while, as there isnt just an access plate, all the plates are inter linked.

i assume that u have pulled the fuse for the radio already and then put it back in??

ok, now if u pull the fuse for the radio ( seem to remember its behind the drivers kick panel in the foot well and then put it back in, the radio will go thru and see what cds it has ( see if it is full) this can sometimes sort out the prob, i had it happen twice, i just turned the radio off and then on again and it was fine.

u might be lucky, u can pull the fuse with the ignition off, then put it back again after a sec or 2.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links