Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just gone out to my car to find all the windows and sunroof open. I left it locked with everything done up. Is this likely to be just a fluke or do I need to be really worried? Luckily it's parked at my home and it's not raining, but I don't like the thought it could go when I'm parked up somewhere else and that I could return to find my car soaking wet and/or my CDs etc pinched

:sad::crying:

ALL the windows, and the sun roof will open if you hold down the unlock button Claire.

Is it possible that something held this button down, maybe pressed against it in your pocket or handbag?  :unsure:

I take it this is only a GS thing ? :huh:

I didn't know that. I know that on the MkII, if you hold down the lock key, it'll close them all, so I suppose it makes sense. The keys have been on the kitchen worktop, so unless Kieran's been fiddling, nothing's held the button down.

Scarface, I've just got Lexus factory fit security on the car, nothing aftermarket.

so unless Kieran's been fiddling, nothing's held the button down

Once at home my wife prised the car key off my youngest. When I happened to look out of the window at the car parked down the street the boot was open :-s

lol, its a great feature of the MKII alarm system, my dads does it, hold either the unlock or lock buttons too long and your windows either go down or up, didn't think it shut the sunroof aswell...

I'm quite happy to have ***** range on the MK1 alarm, as i know something like this can't happen, and i can't unlock the car accidently from inside a public place, i.e. a pub :D

Ah, that was what i was missing a few weeks back, my car refused to let me unlock it via the remote, must've been jammed by some foreign signal, tried and tried and tried, no joy, (this was after replacing the battery) rang my dad to arrange for him to fetch me, still kept trying, then all of a sudden after 3 minutes on the phone it unlocked, I opened the door immediately to stop it locking shut again. Not done it since, shall have to try said 'hug' method next time it does it :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links