Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ouch! Is200 Not Bad Value Then

Thought the IS seemed ok value for money, thats one of the reasons I bought it over some of the competition B) , so I thought I'd price up a comparable spec BM 3 series (new shape) to see how the price would differ. Got quite a shock :huh:

Check out the total at the bottom of the spec. BM gets a few extra bits, auto dimming mirror as a result of adding another option, but its pretty close

3 Saloon 320i SE Saloon £22,595.00

Titanium Silver £500.00

Dakota Black Leather £1,220.00

Auto-Dim Interior Mirror £0.00

Automatic Air Conditioning £0.00

BMW 6 Disc CD Changer £295.00

Cruise Control £0.00

Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors £165.00

Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory £890.00

Electric Glass Sunroof £675.00

Ellipsoid Spoke Style 162 8/8 1/2Jx18 £1,445.00

Extended Interior Light Package £0.00

Exterior Parts in Body Colour £0.00

First Aid Kit & Triangle £0.00

Floor mats £75.00

Front Foglamps £0.00

Front Seat Heating £260.00

Headlamp Washer System £185.00

Multi-func. Steering Whl £0.00

Navigation System Professional £1,970.00

Park Distance Control (PDC) Rear £0.00

Rain Sensor + Auto Light Activation £95.00

Remote Control Alarm £0.00

Sliding Front Armrest £110.00

Smoker Package £0.00

Sport Steering Wheel £90.00

Titan Matt interior trim £0.00

Total price £30,570.00 :blink:

Thought the IS seemed ok value for money, thats one of the reasons I bought it over some of the competition B) , so I thought I'd price up a comparable spec BM 3 series (new shape) to see how the price would differ. Got quite a shock  :huh:

Check out the total at the bottom of the spec. BM gets a few extra bits, auto dimming mirror as a result of adding another option, but its pretty close

3 Saloon 320i SE Saloon £22,595.00 

Titanium Silver  £500.00

Dakota Black Leather  £1,220.00

Auto-Dim Interior Mirror  £0.00

Automatic Air Conditioning  £0.00

BMW 6 Disc CD Changer  £295.00

Cruise Control  £0.00

Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors  £165.00

Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory  £890.00

Electric Glass Sunroof  £675.00

Ellipsoid Spoke Style 162 8/8 1/2Jx18  £1,445.00

Extended Interior Light Package  £0.00

Exterior Parts in Body Colour  £0.00

First Aid Kit & Triangle  £0.00

Floor Mats  £75.00

Front Foglamps  £0.00

Front Seat Heating  £260.00

Headlamp Washer System  £185.00

Multi-func. Steering Whl  £0.00

Navigation System Professional  £1,970.00

Park Distance Control (PDC) Rear  £0.00

Rain Sensor + Auto Light Activation  £95.00

Remote Control Alarm  £0.00

Sliding Front Armrest  £110.00 

Smoker Package  £0.00

Sport Steering Wheel  £90.00

Titan Matt interior trim  £0.00

Total price  £30,570.00  :blink:

beemers have always been the same though you get basic if you don't go for the options but it doesn't bother me i won't be going back to them :D

Don't know what the somkers package is, lol, its just on there, all the £0 features are listed automatically

that is a 2.2 tho...

fair comment, the later ones have been upped by 200cc but its the smallest straight six they do still.

The 3 series is probably a superior car, just surprised how much it worked out to

And they will be 2 a penny on the road once Mr Rep gets going.

I prefer the exclusivity, the better value, the better build quality, the more helpful dealers, etc, etc.

The 3 series is probably a superior car

i wouldnt go that far mate, im stuck in a 3 series courtesy car at the moment and i hate it! :angry:

Forget the 3 series for a sec, a 120 SE with metallic paint and leather, costs more than an IS200 SE that also comes with satnav and all the other things we love! :blink:

How do they get away with it? ;)

And...320i is a four cylinder in new model, don't think it's a 2.2 either, was in the e46 model but changed in the new e90.

Other "interesting" thing about the BMW's is that the residuals are calculated on the base price, very few extras add anything (sunroof and satnav and leather only I was told).... so when you buy new and sell the depreciation is horrible..

And...320i is a four cylinder in new model, don't think it's a 2.2 either, was in the e46 model but changed in the new e90.

:blush: You're right mate, a four cylinder for the new 320, well I didn't know that :duh: , that really isn't good value then, their four cylinder engines don't even sound that great.

Owned a few 6 pot BM's in the past, nothing that new, but they were all good cars, just not convinced by the new 3

can't stand the 1 series, really paying for the badge on that, they're not impressive inside at all

My cousin is currently eyeing up the very 320i SE you have listed here.

I'm not going to tell him about any bad points, because if i told him about the lexus, he'll more than definately get one... so once i get one, i'll be the only one in my family to own a Lexus.... (dont call me stingy) i like to think of it as being unique. hahahaha

BMW have been getting away with ripping people off for years. The badge sells the cars and peoples perception of their cars being oh so great!

As much as I like BMWs, well some of them and do recognise some of their qualities im unlikely to return to the brand.

BMW bosses must just wake up in the morning and say "Errr, must be at least 3 months since we facelifted every possible model we have" Right lets get crracking!! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links