Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flash Reflective Number Plate Spray ?

I was shopping in accessories shop yesterday and the shop owner offered me a product which you spray on a number plate and gives flash reflective image and he told me it’s legal in the UK!!!!

On the back of it says, tested by devon police…etc the price was £19.99 and you can get 4 re-sprays from it.

I found a link of it ----------> http://www.gadgetsuk.com/Photo-blocker-num...ay-p-16685.html

Did anyone here try it?

By the way I didn’t buy it :P

I was shopping in accessories shop yesterday and the shop owner offered me a product which you spray on a number plate and gives flash reflective image and he told me it’s legal in the UK!!!!

On the back of it says, tested by devon police…etc  the price was £19.99 and you can get 4 re-sprays from it.

I found a link of it ---------->  http://www.gadgetsuk.com/Photo-blocker-num...ay-p-16685.html

Did anyone here try it?

By the way I didn’t buy it  :P

It's been on the forum before:

1) It is illegal in the UK

2) The Feds can still see the licence plate reg in a negative

thanks for the feedback Mr Morse

just imagine a police car pulls right behind your car in the night and they can't read or see the number plate !!!!

thats why I didnt go for it.

Also i'm pretty sure most of, if not all of the digital recording equipment can still get you (Camera cars, camera vans, bikes, truvelo and SPECS etc.)

Would you really trust it enough to just floor it? :huh:

"Photoblocker Spray is legal."

That's what the link says, maybe it is legal to have but it can't be legal to use on your number plates. I was thinking maybe it's legal to use on you hair :)

Err, that's what I meant Steve........ :huh:

Not much use just sitting in the tin, is it?

That's what the link says, maybe it is legal to have but it can't be legal to use on your number plates. I was thinking maybe it's legal to use on you hair :)

owning a tyre iron is legal.

using it to beat someone to death is not.

steer clear - as others have said, its really easy to beat.

Question for the LEO's on the board - if they photo you plate, and the number is not visible - so they reverse it, and read it off the negative - can you be done for attempting to pervert the course of justice? If so - whats the penalty?

owning a tyre iron is legal.

using it to beat someone to death is not.

steer clear - as others have said, its really easy to beat.

Question for the LEO's on the board - if they photo you plate, and the number is not visible - so they reverse it, and read it off the negative - can you be done for attempting to pervert the course of justice? If so - whats the penalty?

Perverting the course of justice would not apply, since proceedings must have already started before the offence is committed.

The most applicable legislation which would cover this offence is, I think, under a Customs & Excise Act, as it is into the Government's coffers that the registration fee goes.

Perverting the course of justice would not apply, since proceedings must have already started before the offence is committed.

In correct :D

Incorrect? or I'm correct?

The CPS charging practice states:

"To prove the offence the prosecution must show that a course of public justice has been commenced, which means:

an event has occurred from which it can reasonably be expected that an investigation will follow; or investigations which could or might bring proceedings have already started and are in progress; or proceedings of some kind have been started, or are about to be started".

I think this belongs in the legal forum?

Incorrect? or I'm correct?

The CPS charging practice states:

"To prove the offence the prosecution must show that a course of public justice has been commenced, which means:

an event has occurred from which it can reasonably be expected that an investigation will follow; or investigations which could or might bring proceedings have already started and are in progress; or proceedings of some kind have been started, or are about to be started".

I think this belongs in the legal forum?

No - you are in correct.

The proceedings are .................. that the gatso's are preventing deaths ... and speeds.

Hence why you get the signs that say "police enforcement cameras" they are enforcing a speed limit ......... which is law....................

so spraying the plates ............ you are perverting the courts of justice.

I would guarantee any jury would return a "not guilty" verdict based upon a charge of perverting the course of justice, when a defendant has sprayed a "camera blocking" spray on his plate. The Act just isn't meant to address such things.

The CPS just wouldn't risk a nose-blooding! :P

I would guarantee any jury would return a "not guilty" verdict based upon a charge of perverting the course of justice, when a defendant has sprayed a "camera blocking" spray on his plate. The Act just isn't meant to address such things.

The CPS just wouldn't risk a nose-blooding!  :P

Bit late but perverting the course of justice is being used against people with laser diffusers. Would have thought that the same would apply to camera blocking spray.

Bit late but perverting the course of justice is being used against people with laser diffusers. Would have thought that the same would apply to camera blocking spray.

So has Regina -vs- motorist won any of these cases based on PCJ? Be tough luck on Johnny motorist as it carries maximum life imprisonment :ph34r:

So has Regina -vs- motorist won any of these cases based on PCJ? Be tough luck on Johnny motorist as it carries maximum life imprisonment :ph34r:

Stand corrected Mr Morse a motorist was charged with Perverting the course of justice but the CPS withdrew before it got to court. However it appears that Obstructing the police is an alternative.

Bit more info Here

Stand corrected Mr Morse a motorist was charged with Perverting the course of justice but the CPS withdrew before it got to court. However it appears that Obstructing the police is an alternative.

Bit more info Here

Interesting article - but they quote the max sentence (7 years) incorrectly though - it's a maximum of life inprisonment :ph34r: For a can of hairspray! :lol::hehe::lol:

Obstructing police looks a lot more appropriate:

"A person obstructs a constable if he prevents him from carrying out his duties or makes it more difficult for him to do so. Whether or not a constable is acting in the execution of his duty will be a question of fact depending on the circumstances of the case.

The obstruction must be 'wilful', meaning the accused must act (or refuse to act) deliberately, knowing and intending his act will obstruct the constable"

It would take a test case to make it stick though :tomato:

Bit more info Here

thanks Neil - thats the site I remembered.

I remember the yellow page, but the URL :blush:

knew someone had been done for perverting the course of justice, as it was a very memorable stroy - having the police knocking on the door @ 6am and trailering the car away stuck in my mind :)

thanks Neil - thats the site I remembered.

I remember the yellow page, but the URL :blush:

knew someone had been done for perverting the course of justice, as it was a very memorable stroy - having the police knocking on the door @ 6am and trailering the car away stuck in my mind :)

Yeh I remembered it too, was thinking about getting one. This kind of put me off :crybaby:

Sorry Mr M, Scarface is right, the charge (certainly in Scotland) is attempting to Pervert the Course of Justice. The key word is 'ATTEMPTING'.

Whether or not you're ever found guilty of it is another thing. I would suggest that it is the sort of charge dropped in favour of another, i.e. a deal prior to trial.

Attempting to Pervert is a Common Law crime and its sentence depends on the court it is served in.

The lowest court in Scotland, the District Court, can sentence you to up to 3 months jail and £3000 fine, if memory serves me right. You'd really need to p*** off the Justice to get that !!

:crybaby:

just a quick humourous interlude and it does include speed cameras and laser speed traps

There have been a couple of instances where a few of our guys have got a little annoyed at getting speeding tickets on the A1 in fact one of the guys was so annoyed when he came back on approach one day he neglected to turn off his ECM package for quite a few miles prior to landing as you can imagine this left very few operating cameras for quite a way along the A1 :D

Another incident that happened was during exercises off the coast one of the local police thought it would be a good idea to point a laser speed detector at a dutch F-16 that was practicing dogfighting. Little did he know that any laser signal a jet picks up it detects as a threat so the automatic systems on the F-16 started banging out flares and chaff while the pilot bobbed and weaved his jet. The policeman was very very lucky the jet was carrying only practice (inert) missiles as the other clever thing the systems do on the jet is an auto response and for all intents and purposes (bar the fact the missile never left the pylon) the jet had launched a sidewinder straight at the position of the laser. If it had been live armed on its way to a range and the pilot had put the switches to armed wit hthe safetys off (they aren't supposed to but it does and has happened) then the unfortunate copper wouldn't have had to travel back to the station for his roasting :blink:

Yes, Scarface is correct but for the wrong reasons.

I think we are flogging a bit of a dead horse here. Spraying a licence plate with hairspray doesn't come remotely close to any of the example offences described in the CPS' own guidelines, which is why they withdrew the charge:

CPS guidelines

Yes, I agree that reading into the legislation that, (technically at least) PCJ could apply in this case, but you must remember that PCJ is an indictable offense, triable by jury only in the Crown Court.

Ask yourself, "If I were a juror in this trial, would I convict Johnny motorist for PCJ?" :winky:

ask yourself "Do I want to be arrested for attempting to pervert the course of justice and have a record that could affect your future prospects and insurance premiums?".

You dont have to be found guilty - simply being arrested gives you a record.

Being arrested gives you a record surely if nothings proved theres nothing to record. I think i better get my record from my youth under the freedom of information act i had a rather erm busy time as a youngster (saved on taxis though

Thats right....

When you get pinched, they take your details, prints, photos, DNA etc. And they are not supposed to do this until you are charged.....

All this gets sent off to CRO (Criminal Records Office)

AND

It's all supposed to be deleted in the event of an acquittal

BUT

In reality that doesn't happen :crybaby:

C'mon Scarface or one of the other Feds, enlighten us :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links