Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Interesting New In Dash Car Pc

okay i've spent 15 seconds on that site, and i'm SERIOUSLY considering that!

done a bit of research with the ITX boards, but erm, this looks interesting.

How much money is it in english please?

there's an option at the side to change the currency to £

its almost £800

but that must be the easiest way to get a PC into your car

that's what i'm thinking, it's very easy, although the touch screen isn't as good as i was hoping :(

i may yet build my own in-car-puter.

in dash motorised touch screens are around now :)

Yeh i know, they've been around for years, but i fancy having an in-car-puter. Want it to be wirelessly networked, with a few monitoring tools i may develop.

Was thinking about getting some software designed to enable rear parking camera's and internal camera, on event of an alarm or suspicious activity.

I know the Clifford alarm will start your car for you if the Battery is about to die. So i may be able to wire it up so that the ignition turn will boot up the PC and start recording data to the hard drive.

I work in IT for a Security firm, so i know most of this is possible, just dont actually know at what angle to approach it from.

:duh:

In Dash Car PC

Looks to be quite interesting, and can play mp3's etc without having to boot up fully into windows.

It's a bit amateur looking.

This is the real deal, tempted myself.

http://www.karputer.co.uk/karputer.php

J :mat:

call me a fool is you want, but isn't the last one on the karputer page the same as the one on the first link. Rebadged obviously, and slightly cheaper! Infact looking at most of the equipment looks like rebadged carputers.

yes its the same, only it doesnt include the satnav stuff or screen or VAT at that price and if the picture is correct it doesnt have a slot loading dvd rom drive just a standard pop out laptop one.

so i would say the cartft deal is the better one

i think i'm going to stick to building my own carputer (boot mounted), that way i can save the din plate to mould in a screen like Fargo and Ukazn have done. for me, the location of the screen is a very important factor.

do you know if you can have 2 screens (one in the console and one in the dash tray) to both be touch screen, and work from a dual output graphics card? maybe even stack the 2 screens and use them as an extended desktop as the functions are available in xp.

i'm just throwing a few ideas in the air.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links