Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there anyone else out there with a RX????

Judging by the lack of posts in this forum, no-one else has a RX300! All the other members of Team Lexus must be photocopier engineers driving IS200's.

Shame.

Anyone taken their RX off-road?

Anyone changed the tyres, if so, to what?

Anyone care??????

Perhaps this will get some action going!

[Edited on 16-4-2002 by SalesGuy]

Hi Salesguy,

It does seem strange why we have not received any RX owners.

Lets hope in the near future we can get some RX owners here.. maybe when we get our stickers rolling we will get some more RX members for you to share notes with.

Perhaps Lexus haven't sold many? I've seen very few on the roads. Not my sort of thing either - bit like a shed on wheels. OK so a very nice shed but it's still a shed just like all 4x4s. (And yes I have driven one - I got one as a courtesy car once.)

No I haven't got one, but I have driven one off road courtesy of my dealer (Woodford) who held an off road day a couple of weeks ago (Did anyone else here go to it?)

The instructor, who said he didn't work for Lexus 'claimed' it to be the best off-roader he had driven, but then he was paid to say that for the day. It didn't take too much to get it stuck, although he managed to get it out. On road though I was very impressed.

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by ricky_is200]

OK it is very nice. But it weighs 2 1/4 tonnes and has the aerodynamics of a shed. Sorry I'll stop ranting. You might have guessed that I don't like 4x4....or estate cars. Talking of which I had a look in the boot of the Sportcross at the dealers the other day. I can see how someone with loads of stuff/kids etc might opt for an estate but the boot on that thing seems smaller that the standard IS! Sorry ranting again. Perhaps it's just a reaction against the 30-something time to get an estate car and dog sort of thing...

I really liked it on the road as the engine was very smoth and powerfull (it felt much quicker than my IS200) I didn't think so much of the handling, it felt like it might topple over. I wouldn't mind one but with the miles I do it would cost me a fortune in petrol!

Yes I thought it quicker than the IS200 too. I didn't notice what speed I was doing and drove past a speed camera - I'm sure I was well over the limit - I guess there was no film in it...:wow:

(Feeling calmer today...)

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by javadude]

Well thank the lord for that. There is life out there after all, even though (with the exception of Administrator) you are all photocopier salesmen!!!

Yes, it is faster that an IS, and yes the fuel consumption is awful. On a long motorway run I get 22-24, around town 17-18. If I drive it hard, about 11 mpg.

The cornering is OK, as when you push it really hard the electronics kick in and start slowing down wheel speeds etc. The best thing is the look on the wife's face when the traction control alarm comes on while going round a corner. LOL.

Javadude - aerodynamics must be important to you when you only have 2 litres under the bonnet. ;) :P

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by SalesGuy]

Javadude - aerodynamics must be important to you when you only have 2 litres under the bonnet

Too right - I need all the help I can get! Want to swap engines? :D

Photocopier salesmen? No Java Programmer...just a minute isn't that another thread...

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by javadude]

Well thank the lord for that. There is life out there after all, even though (with the exception of Administrator) you are all photocopier salesmen!!!

If your a SalesGuy shouldn't you be driving a Vectra!

I also thought it really needed a 5 speed auto rather than 4. It is quick if you get it to kick down but otherwise if you catch the wrong revs it seemed very sluggish.

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by ricky_is200]

new team lexus member here. I have a RX 300. Really my secondary car as it is my wifes main car. I have just done a +1 upgrade with wheels and tires to 17 inch rims and pirelli socrpion zero 255/60 -17 tires. So far I like it, much less lean in turns. I have winter tires on the stock rims. (Chicago snows).

Does anyone know if there is a source for exhaust/intake/chip/turbo upgrades?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my RX300 for nearly a year now and coming upto 25K on the clock. Its a great car and would recommend it to anyone, its certainly no slouch and holds its own against most cars. Definitely a cruising vechicle rather than a 4x4, mine gets most of its action on the M4 and its a relaxing drive. You're right about the petrol though wont get more than 21 miles to the gallon, so wouldnt recommed it unless you have a fuel card or spare petrol tanker in tow. :lol:

Does anyone know what you have to do to get updates to your DVD sat nav's ? Is it possible to have the sat nav console support tv output ? I'm trying to find some people who could do this any ideas ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links