Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Alpine Vs Pioneer

I'd go with Alpine mate. I've never had any problems with my Alpine gear.

One of my best mates has worked in the Audio Installation industry for years and always recommends Alpine to me. He always has Alpine/ Rockford in his own cars too.

I always had them in the early 90's then the quality went downhill a bit to appeal to the "Yoof's" but they seem to be back on track now.The switches on the early 90's ones were real nice quality and smooth whereas the later ones feel sharper and cheaper. Alpine are still way better than Pioneer/ Kenwood/Sony in my opinion.

In terms of looks, I'd go with one of the top two, the bottom one looks awful

Btw, I know nothing about car audio, but does the headunit actually make that much difference? Would a system with an Alpine or Pioneer/Kenwood headunit actually sound much different if the rest of the system was kept the same? Or is sound quality more reliant on the amp/speaker combination? :duh:

The Alpine on in the middle was recommended to me by my local fellas, 001 Mobile - that white strip under the display is great! It acts as a controller for your iPod by stroking your finger over it - yum!

But that Pioneer looks the business - does it control an iPod too?

i've always had pioneer as i think they look more 'classy' or something but i planned to get an alpine next as i've only ever heard good things about them, i guess it's all down to personal taste really.

i think you'd be happy with either.

Btw, I know nothing about car audio, but does the headunit actually make that much difference? Would a system with an Alpine or Pioneer/Kenwood headunit actually sound much different if the rest of the system was kept the same?

Yes, if you have a low quality head unit the noise will be high, so when you amplify it that noise will be amplified too. Obviously with a higher quality player the signal/noise ratio should be better so you'd be amplifying less noise.

That red Alpine looks nasty though in my opinion :sick:

Btw, I know nothing about car audio, but does the headunit actually make that much difference? Would a system with an Alpine or Pioneer/Kenwood headunit actually sound much different if the rest of the system was kept the same?

Yes, if you have a low quality head unit the noise will be high, so when you amplify it that noise will be amplified too. Obviously with a higher quality player the signal/noise ratio should be better so you'd be amplifying less noise.

That red Alpine looks nasty though in my opinion :sick:

Thanks, that does makes sense but is the difference noticeable between the big brands? If you had a top-end Alpine headunit, a top-end Pioneer headunit and a top-end Kenwood headunit, would the difference still be obvious? :blink:

would suggest you stop looking at them and go and listen to them

a far better way of choosing

Gotta agree with Bazza there.

Go and have a listen/ look in a car audio place, you can always buy online once you've made your choice.

Made my decision! Heard it today at the audio shop and it literally blew me away!

deh-p80mp.jpg

All the Alpines look the same!! If your gonna be spending this amount of money may aswell be different! Ye think it will look good in the IS200 dash?

Made my decision! Heard it today at the audio shop and it literally blew me away!

deh-p80mp.jpg

All the Alpines look the same!! If your gonna be spending this amount of money may aswell be different! Ye think it will look good in the IS200 dash?

I recon that would look great in any car, but maybe get some blue leds for the instruments etc?

deh-p80mp.jpg

I recon that would look great in any car, but maybe get some blue leds for the instruments etc?

Is it a hard job to change the instruments to blue?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links