Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Last week I chucked a bottle of Redex in my tank at fillup. Today did a trip from Ascot to Colchester and back (M25, A12 70-80 ish) and after 217 miles the computer said 29.7mpg :D

Last week I chucked a bottle of Redex in my tank at fillup.  Today did a trip from Ascot to Colchester and back (M25, A12 70-80 ish) and after 217 miles the computer said 29.7mpg    :D

Sounds good to me. Think I will try some of that Redex.

Thanks for that.

To put it in context this 29.7 mpg is the best I have ever done in the LS. Previous best was 27.8mpg. Coincidence or Redex???

It could well be the Redex restoring the performance if it hasn't been done for a while. Also it may have been the fuel if you filled up at a different garage.

I can get that sort of MPG in my LS too on my 190 mile slog to work if I take it steady with cruise control turned off. Stuff like weather/ air temperature can make a difference too, you may have had the wind in your favour.I would say it was probably the redex and a light right foot though.

To put it in context this 29.7 mpg is the best I have ever done in the LS.  Previous best was 27.8mpg.  Coincidence or Redex???

Seems about average. We get this sort of milage on a regular basis. My wife does mostly main road driving, A and M roads, and quite often gets over 30MPG on the trip computer.

Best we have seen is 32.2 on a trip from Colchester to Bedford, A12 - A14, and back. She is a steady and smooth driver. She Uses 80 - 85 as a max and doesn't try and get there like a rocket. she has the air con on auto and doesn't use the cruise control.

This still seems totally amazing to me as I am used to a best of 26MPG from an old Merc 280E.

okay..just for fun what is the worst you have managed on the AVERAGE fuel economy??

9.2 for me  :D

9.2 - - - OUCH

Worst average is probably about 15. We got stuck in traffic in Chelmsford one evening. If you want to see really scary figures, switch to current consumption, I've seen 5 when pulling hard from a junction once, never put it on that setting since!

• 5 months later...

I've been getting 24 - 27 out of mine. the worst was about 18 stuck at Windsor Lego land and M25

I use redex once in a while, does not appear to make any difference so maybe its all cleaned out already!

I do 60 miles a day through town for about 40 mins and A14 M11 for 1:20hrs if traffic is good ave speed 40 mph :angry:

There really is something special about the design of the LS range, I must say.

On my series 1 LS400, I used to get 15-17 around town, and up to 26/28 on a run. The more recent versions of the LS seem incredibly efficient given their engine output and weight of car. I think they worked on aerodynamics much more with the LS compared to the GS or IS models. That's what makes it "economical" for a V8 when travelling at higher speeds.

I've often found you get increased mpg when you add an injector cleaner. I believe they add octane boosters to give you extra mpg. Makes you think the product has done wonders but give it a tank or two and the mpg drops back down again.

my 92 ls400 i get on average 21mpg around derbyshire up hill and down dale so i don't think it is that too bad . worst has been 17mpg . best has been 33.4mpg on a long run constant motorway speed at steady 70mph on cruise .

earlier this year we went to scotland for a two week holiday . up the west coast as far as inverness, across to fort william, down to the lake district east coast and back to derbyshire . 1400 miles . average mpg was 22.5 and that was with a large heavy folding camper on the back . don't think that was too bad .

must add that i use FORTE gas treatment with every third tank of fuel and never had any problem . think this helps keep things clean in the fuel lines etc .

my 92 ls400 i get on average 21mpg around derbyshire up hill and down dale so i don't think it is that too bad .  worst has been 17mpg .  best has been 33.4mpg on a long run constant motorway speed at steady 70mph on cruise . 

earlier this year we went to scotland for a two week holiday . up the west coast as far as inverness, across to fort william, down to the lake district east coast and back to derbyshire . 1400 miles . average mpg was 22.5 and that was with a large heavy folding camper on the back . don't think that was too bad .

must add that i use FORTE gas treatment with every third tank of fuel and never had any problem . think this helps keep things clean in the fuel lines etc .

Well done with that mileage towing stuff like that.

We've just had the worst week of fuel use since we got the car two years ago. The average on the display was done to 19.7. We both cried a bit. Still, thats what happens if you spend time in towns this time of year I guess.

Ive never used any petrol treatment in any car I've ever owned. Has anyone done a prpoer study of this type of product? It would be interesting to see if there is realy a case for using any of them.

Still on the subject of petrol, check out www.pipelinecard.org. It won't improve your consumption but it might help with the cost.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links