Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cats Eyes

Anees

Hi guys :D,

Some thing I have always been meaning to ask.

Do Cats Eyes on motorways cause damage to the car tyres, suspension or geometry when you drive over them?

With 8J wide rims I find it difficult to avoid them some times and I end up driving over them at 70+ mph when changing lanes. They make an unpleasant sound but do they actually do any damage? :question:

Thanks,

Anees

Cats eyes,as far as I know do no damage at all,They are designed so that when a vehicle goes over them they depress,and any.water in the receptacle when they retract cleans the Eyes

Hope this answers your Question

The guy who invented "cats eyes" did so because he saw a cats eyes in his headlights.

Had the cat been walking away from him he would have invented the pencil sharpener !

Cats eyes,as far as I know do no damage at all,They are designed so that when a vehicle goes over them they depress,and any.water in the receptacle when they retract cleans the Eyes

Hope this answers your Question

although these original cat's eyes are getting rarer as plastic reflectors are now commonly used.

[quote name=star a' date='Jun 21 2005, 06:40 PM

although these original cat's eyes are getting rarer as plastic reflectors are now commonly used.

Not many of those type in West Dorset, we are still stuck in the 70's :D

The cats eyes are actually laid ..... in such that you can move from one lane to another, without hitting any of them ........  ;)

can you slalom between though :lol:

Even with my eyes closed ...... and Sara next to me going .... neee naaaaw neee nawww ...... :lol:

The cats eyes are actually laid ..... in such that you can move from one lane to another, without hitting any of them ........  ;)

can you slalom between though :lol:

Even with my eyes closed ...... and Sara next to me going .... neee naaaaw neee nawww ...... :lol:

So thats what the police do on their advanced driving courses? :hehe::lol::lol:

Tony@WIM would know I suppose.

The ones on the M62/M60/A627 I think are just plastic reflectors. Its something I've always wondered. In my old car which had 14" alloys :whistling: never noticed a thing! In the Lexus with its 8" wide 18" alloys I go go over them alot. The ride is harder too so I feel them more too! Goodness know what the guys with slammed cars and 19x8.5J rims must feel when they go over them!

Thanks for the replies so far (sensible or not! :lol:)

PS ScarFace thanks for sorting out Gord's banner link. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links