Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Debadging

Thinking of debadging the rear of my car to leave just the L in the middle. anyone debadged and regretted it? how easy is it to put right (ie get it looking proper) eg for resale, anyone debadged and loved it? just like to hear some opinion

Debadging a prestige car, isnt my cup of tea. a few have just left the middle 'L' which i think looks quite smart, but theres no point me in doing it as my number plate says its a 200.

Some food for thought

7.jpg

i debadged mine, well technicaly i had it resprayed and after fitting the L in the centre prefered it as it was much cleaner and made the arse wider in my opinion

The Upside down L isnt my cup of tea either. I do like the plain Engine Badge tho.. :) I thought it was an IS :lol: or is it an LS :P

The other is a 'L-Sportline' offical lexus 'tuning' (more styling) arm in the states.

I debadged my creation on the rear a while back and just left the L on in the middle, gives that element of mystery to the car.

When i had the car resprayed i removed the centre badge and now it looks much better, then when i custom made my front chrome grille i left that debadged and now apart from the speaker grilles, there is no id on the car :D

When i drive around some people actually ask me what make the car is :lol:

I like that, the element of mystery. :D

Darn tooting Mr Morse - Stealth Lexus

All that id's my car is the rear speaker grilles, steering wheel and speedo dials - all being planned to be changed in near future :D

Any one know who does aftermarket speedos :question:

Thinking of debadging the rear of my car to leave just the L in the middle. anyone debadged and regretted it? how easy is it to put right (ie get it looking proper) eg for resale, anyone debadged and loved it? just like to hear some opinion

Debadged my IS200 and I think that it cleans up the boot lid and makes the rear end much smarter. Used a hot air gun to remove the Lexus and IS200 badges leaving the centre "L".

I have debadged my last 3 cars and not regretted it - look how many manufacturers now offer a badge delete option on new car options lists!!!

Completely De-badged mine, only the "Aristo" is visable now between the rear lights. But mine were nicked and they did damage, so they really De-badged mine, not me. But De-badging was not an option I'd thought about though.

Debadged mine - didn't like it, looked bare - put them back.

was it easy to put them back on and did it look right?

I got a tape measure and accurately measured the distances from left and right outer edges on another IS in the company carpark. (3.5cm I seem to remember) and then 1" from the top curve in the bootlid (again from memory). I used a bit of Post-It to mark the distances for the I-S-200 so that I got that right as well. Also note that the bootlid is slightly curved but the badges need to sit horizontal.

I actually bought new ones as the originals double sided foam was knackered.

Don't forget to remove all traces of polish/wax before applying, I used white spirit and then once applied I used loads of polish to cover the areas that had been removed. I used a spray polish for this to ensure that I got polish into all the nooks a crannys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links