Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stupid Courts Again

A member of driftworks and sxoc has been jailed due to helping the public, just because he is being branded a boy racer, due to the car he was in.

the details are here, and also a petition to sign, if some of you feel so inclined.

cheers

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t...highlight=Jack0

seems very harsh

how can video and a phone call convict him ?

if he wasnt actually envolved at all

If I read it right he pleaded guilty.

His legal advisors must have though the the case was strong enough for him to be found guilty and hence the advice to plead guilty to try for a lesser sentence.

I agree that from the story I cannot see any way that he can be guilty of causing the deaths even if he was racing. The driver of the car that crashed is surely responsible, unless something is missing in the account.

If it goes to appeal the sentence will probably be reduced to 3 and he'll be out on parole after 6 months.

Exactly this same thing happened to a mate of mine who got a 5 stretch a few years back for fraud.

There seems to be something missing from the story :( I can't imagine anybody who didn't feel they had commited the crime they were being charged for changing the plea to guilty when the charge has a 5 year stretch tagged on the end - unless some really good bargaining had gone on to get the sentence down to a minimum, so it then becomes a gamble - you take the wrap or risk doing big time.

What did the video show that persuaded the brief to get the guy to change his plea? I would imagine the phone call would only show up to prove a time and place - unless somebody in that call stated something that prehaps they shouldn't :(

There seems to be something missing from the story :( I can't imagine anybody who didn't feel they had commited the crime they were being charged for changing the plea to guilty when the charge has a 5 year stretch tagged on the end - unless some really good bargaining had gone on to get the sentence down to a minimum, so it then becomes a gamble - you take the wrap or risk doing big time.

What did the video show that persuaded the brief to get the guy to change his plea? I would imagine the phone call would only show up to prove a time and place - unless somebody in that call stated something that prehaps they shouldn't :(

Thats wot I reckon too, as said before

I've read about this on a lot of other forums...

and to be honest, judges DO NOT just hand out 5 year jail sentances willy nilly, and not just for dangerous driving...

That sort of sentance would be for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving, and there must have been some significant evidence against the SX driver (whether physical or witness) for him to recieve the sentance he did...

I do not buy the information on the other links - and claiming he couldnt possibly have had anything to do with the Fiesta accident because 'his car is so much faster' seems a very weak counter-argument - but that said, I personally feel there is a lot of information omitted from the 'plea'.. and we don't have enough facts to know whether or not he was responsible...

If he caused death by dangerous driving (regardless of wether his car is no match) then behind bars is the best place for him.

thats a little bit judgmental isnt it?

so your saying judges are right?

in the end its human opinion..is it not...and with a good lawyer its very easy to sway.

If he caused death by dangerous driving (regardless of wether his car is no match) then behind bars is the best place for him.

in the end its human opinion..is it not...and with a good lawyer its very easy to sway.

As I said.

We do not have all the facts, infact, from the information you posted, we have near no actual facts...

He had legal representation, and was advised to plead guilty to causing death by dangerous driving - a very serious offence, which, due to the solicitors advice, must have had significant evidence against him.

And he was happy to do this to try and recieve a reduced sentance...

Which, in my eyes, suggests his guilt.

and yes, the judges were probably right, as i said, they dont hand out custodial sentances on a whim....

He had legal representation, and was advised to plead guilty to causing death by dangerous driving - a very serious offence, which, due to the solicitors advice, must have had significant evidence against him.

Why would his lawyer suggest that then?

C'mon now, if the guy was innocent, how come he gets banged up for a 5 stretch, is is IRA or something?

The post which suggests the man is innocent is misleading to say the least.

As the late, great, Bob Marley said: "if I am guilty then I will pay"

I've just read the petition and signed it and from the thread its 50/50 on the verdict

Personally i think an unfortunate car accident occured and the nissan driver who seemed to be quite some distance away has tried to help his mates, and do the right thing, has then been accused of death by dangerous driving!!! The fact the fiesta was so far ahead rules out a race situation.

I think this is another case of our old fashioned legal system making examples of young drivers.

Obviously i'm bias to young drivers being one myself but the law seems to pick on us.

Just my Opinion..... :tomato:

I think i have read it straight Mr Morse.

As far as I can see the nissan was too far behind to be racing, and I don't see how they can blame him when the fiesta was driving with a under inflated tyre in wet conditions! I think the driver of the fiesta caused the crash all by himself.

This is my own opinion - each to there own... :unsure:

PS

I do not reguard myself as a "boy racer jock" just a young driver. :D

I'm sorry LowRed, but I dont believe anything from that statment..

If he had nothing to do with the accident, why did he plead guilty...

As i said above, that link is severley lacking in facts...

thats a little niave mr morse

Naive: (note the correct spelling), meaning lacking experience, wisdom or judgement.

You are miles wide of the mark.

Ask yourself the question: You commit an offence and the evidence to convict you of that offence is overwhelming, what do you do? Make a plea of guilty and accept a lesser punishment, or take a gamble and hope your barrister is sharp enough to convict the jury otherwise?

Like I said way back, he was advised to plead guilty, his legal advisors reckoned there was a very good chance he would be found guilty on the evidence.

The account we have all read is from a mate who was not even there.

Racing or not racing is not really the issue, its the bits of info we do not have that count.

my friend just come out of prison after 12 months...was going to be in for 5 years.

but was supposed evidence against him, he had several alibi's who said he wasnt there. Yet such evidence disallowed......if u believe their is afair legal system in this country that is NAIVE (spelt it right this time) my solicitors wife is very highly paid to get criminals off at a high level, and charges top dollar for doing this, because she is damn good!

If someone is willing to pay, holes can be found in everything, goes to show money can buy u innocence.

If the guy involved cant afford decent legal representation, surely he is on a losing streak, and it happens a lot people get told to admit guilt even though they are innocent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links