Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Interesting Ebay Item

mus26c

I saw this altezza for sale on eBay check link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS-200-ICE-WHI...1QQcmdZViewItem

its altezza RS 200 manual, 2003 model, 33k miles, first registered on 20/ 06/ 2005

I ran registartion number check using this site www.carwatchuk.com

and it came under toyota altezza, which means this car is registered with DVLA,

and I thought we can't import manuals anymore because of the model report thing.

So how come this car went through? is there another loop hole we not aware of?

one more thing ------> its a bargain for 8000 quid.

any thoughts or am I out of date about the import regulations :yawn:

it must have been imported just before the changes..

by the way, just because it has a 03 plate, doesnt meanits a 03 car - sometimes when you import, you get the latest registration number...

I think its an expensive starting price, depending on its real age, i wouldnt pay anymore for it..

it must have been imported just before the changes..

by the way, just because it has a 03 plate, doesnt meanits a 03 car - sometimes when you import, you get the latest registration number...

I think its an expensive starting price, depending on its real age, i wouldnt pay anymore for it..

it was imported in june this year

the mot, tax all run from july this year

it therefore must have undergone esva and have a model report

changes happened april 2004

if the dvla have given it an 03 reg then it is an 2003 car

the reg given will be its first registration date wether in japan or here

im sure ive seen this or a similar car on eBay before, the "tuned by castrol" rings bells

• 2 weeks later...

I was contemplating swapping my car for this, obviously i'd take the kit off, remove the seats and swap the headlights oh and take the window visor things off

I wanted a manual altezza RS so I could buy a supercharger + other engine parts. The guy seems interested but really the only thing I like about that car is the engine so I doubt i'll bother trying to sort anything out

hi all, im new to this site an im currently looking to buy an altezza, i saw this car advertised, after speaking to the owner i decided to bid as i was told it was mint condition and had no faults, i won the auction and made the 250 mile round trip to pick it up only to find out it was damaged repaired, only 2 of the window id numbers matched, all the rest were different so it has obviously been quite badly hit, there was overspary on the door rubbers, the inner wing was repared an repainted.also the bonnet hinges still had the original blue paint on them where the white was peeling off.

this is just a word of warning as it has been re-advertised, it comes up hpi clear but dont waste ur time like i did.

also there is no model report for a manual altezza, as i have since found out.

hope this saves any1 else a wasted trip.

heres the new link for the car:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-ALTEZZA-03-PLATE-220BHP_W0QQitemZ4571795362QQcategoryZ50175QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thought the car was too cheap!

Chris H

Cheers for letting us know your experience and welcome to the LOC - Hope you'll find your altezza soon as they are worth the wait for the right one. I mean a couple of years you can bring them in without the need for a model report as the early 98 ones will be 10 years old!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links