Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well after reading about other people's misfortune I guess it had to happen. Took the car out on a few errands today and all looked well but when I got back and parked I opened the bonnet to fill washer bottle. Noticed that some :tsktsk: has caught my right front wing just behind the headlamp. :angry:

No dent luckily but it looks like someone has taken a brillo pad to the paint work or I have driven through a hedge. - lots of circular white slashes in the paint. Tried to polish it out but it will need fettling. Off to Lexus tomorrow to get a quote. May as well get my parking dents done at the same time....

My theory is that when I parked at the petrol station some idiot has bounced past with a basket of shopping and caught the wing.

Sorry to hear that Mate I can say I know just how you feel as I've had my car damage to.

Short story. Council get private firm to erect lamps in our street. They put a lamppost outside my neighbours house which is infact private land and should of never been sited there in the first place. I come home late one night and park outside my neighbours house (as normal as we live in a court yard). My neighbour is doing some DIY and goes outside to put his old carpet out for collection (with gripper rod still attached) and falls down the :tsktsk: big hole the contractors have left causing my neighbour to fall against the back of my motor causing £500 worth of damage to the backend. Now I’m waiting for either the council/private contractor/neighbours house insurance to pay up. :angry:

Feel for you matey, had a bad issue last week. Just looking forward to this time tomoz. You gotta look at the positives, and I know its easier said than done.

Hope its not to much of a dent in the old wallet. Good luck mate.

Stop Whining. It's only a car.

Had a passenger in the back of mine yesterday. How the hell did he manage to get tar, and great chunks of gravel stuck all over the formerly lovely soft pale grey carpet?

Ooops! There I go now, and it's onloy a car...pet. LOL

Previus car of ours (Japanesse yes, but a micra) had a dent the size of a tennis ball at the front of the bonnet as it curves down to the bumper. Looked hideous, but "the dent magician" popped it out from inside the bonnet and it was a perfect repair. Chap said he did a hell of a lot of parking dents on doors for major garages, like bmw/jag/audi as well as ferrari. Only £49 and it just took him 20 minutes.

see www.dentmagician.co.uk and they will make an appointment with your local magcian. The only provision is that the paint must not be cracked or broken in the first place.

Previus car of ours (Japanesse yes, but a micra) had a dent the size of a tennis ball at the front of the bonnet as it curves down to the bumper.  Looked hideous, but "the dent magician" popped it out from inside the bonnet and it was a perfect repair.  Chap said he did a hell of a lot of parking dents on doors for major garages, like bmw/jag/audi as well as ferrari.  Only £49 and it just took him 20 minutes.

see www.dentmagician.co.uk and they will make an appointment with your local magcian.  The only provision is that the paint must not be cracked or broken in the first place.

Seen some work of dent master and other companies alike, really impressive!

• 5 weeks later...

I had had my '78 Mercedes 450 sel resprayed metalic silver. Got it home and next day a kid had parked his bike against the side and it fell over!

Within a couple of days the other kids had bounced basket balls all over it and the nieghbour had placed and dragged a cardboard box of shopping on the trunk.

The thing was a complete Elfin mess I was heartbroken, it just looked so abused.....never get over things like that.

This was in a private compound and the owners managers kids were responsible.

The owners just told me that I parked outside my own house at my own risk. If you don't like it move.

So I did..........

Sorry to hear of any pointless damage and I add my sympathy.

Then again - New Orleans puts it into perspective I suppose.

Previus car of ours (Japanesse yes, but a micra) had a dent the size of a tennis ball at the front of the bonnet as it curves down to the bumper.  Looked hideous, but "the dent magician" popped it out from inside the bonnet and it was a perfect repair.  Chap said he did a hell of a lot of parking dents on doors for major garages, like bmw/jag/audi as well as ferrari.  Only £49 and it just took him 20 minutes.

see www.dentmagician.co.uk and they will make an appointment with your local magcian.  The only provision is that the paint must not be cracked or broken in the first place.

Seen some work of dent master and other companies alike, really impressive!

surely if it was that impressive , you wouldnt see it

• 2 months later...

Damn right!

I need to vent!!

I parked the lex in a street overnight, next morning they have managed to scuff my bumper and scrape the sensor rubber surround off the bumper...

There must have been resistance when they were trying to accelerate surely???, but nooo.. they seemed to have just put their foot down and done the damage anyway.

I mean, it should be easy enough to repair, but thats not the point.. you know?

I wonder what goes through these peoples minds when they damage other peoples property..

And surely you would notice a steaming great big ls400 infront of you!!!

"duuhhh what was that?.. oooh I hit a car... deeeerr... oh well...., now where am I.. buuuhhh.. oh yeah... let me get me mobile out and text people when I drive... duuuhhh ...."

Next week its.. "derrr why is that old man bouncing off my bonnet... I..errrr know.. i'lll text me mates... they'll know...." ( dribble )

Not that I am bitter or anything... oh no.... ;)

• 2 months later...
do they do bull bars for an ls400?

lady drivers= late for work/shopping, make up/texting/not looking/hand brake left on etc. old buggers as well still asleep forgetting how to drive rushing to the post office/darby and joan club.

its a mine field out there..............

It would be common sense to believe that somebody would notice they had hit your car with theirs?? Not likely! Where I work we have had several cars damaged by our own employees. Sorry to be sexist but I firmly believe that a bunch of young office girls off to MacDonalds, all jump in their little car, chatting away and simply don't even register that they have opened doors into nearest car. No malice intended by them I'm sure but opening doors into other cars is not something they bother to react to.

Twisted Logic - best advice for parking is find a Maxed up Saxo and park right next to it because you can be sure it belongs to a young lad who thinks the world of it. :)

Yes, I always try to park on the end of a row, halves to chances of a door opening onto me, or next to a clean car.

I also heard a rumour that the supermarket home delivery van drivers are told to drive off if they scrape and cars in residential roads. After all, if they only get seen or caught 20% of the time, that is 80% of the claims against them that will not happen. Sad but beleivably true!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links