Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bloody Spiders

newport

I was watching a program some time ago where they were winding up a spider.

It seems that when a fly gets trapped in the web it attracts the spider by frequency resonance as the fly tries to - well fly.

They tapped the web and did all manner of things to no avail, but as soon as they touched the web with a tuning fork (in action) the spider quickly darted to the location of the web where the tuning fork had been or still was.

Therefore - could a tuning fork bring the blighter out where it could be suitably - sorted ?

What note do you need though? No point in getting a tuning fork in C if it likes an A :blink:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a program some time ago where they were winding up a spider.

It seems that when a fly gets trapped in the web it attracts the spider by frequency resonance as the fly tries to - well fly.

They tapped the web and did all manner of things to no avail, but as soon as they touched the web with a tuning fork (in action) the spider quickly darted to the location of the web where the tuning fork had been or still was.

Therefore - could a tuning fork bring the blighter out where it could be suitably - sorted ?

What note do you need though? No point in getting a tuning fork in C if it likes an A :blink:

...and what happens if it makes love to a B ??? Oh My *** - it could breed !!

when i take my car to the imigrant wash, they always spray the wing mirrors full pelt with the jet washer, it gets out all the soap and everything else, I assume as the mirrors are external that anything electrical is fully waterproofed and so far, Ive never had any problems, In fact it once cured a problem on my IS when one of the mirrors wouldnt fold in, after it had been jetted it worked fine again.

keep a small bird inside the mirror, but remember to feed it after it's ate the spider family, otherwise it will die, flies will lay eggs, maggots will appear, loads of flies will live there and possibly more spiders will hear about this and feed off a large supply of flies and decomposing bird.

keep a small bird inside the mirror, but remember to feed it after it's ate the spider family, otherwise it will die, flies will lay eggs, maggots will appear, loads of flies will live there and possibly more spiders will hear about this and feed off a large supply of flies and decomposing bird.

.....or what about having a black widow spider cuz they eat smaller ones don't they ? :blink:

.....or what about having a black widow spider cuz they eat smaller ones don't they ? :blink:

You try that one out and get back to us :lol:

This is unbelievable how many ppl are responding to this ha hahahaa good luck with it!!!!

Unbelievable thread,Keep it going,I'm having a good old chortle at this :D

I have some baby chicks who are a dab hand at catching flies and other insects,

I am quite willing to loan them out for a small fee :whistling:

Ha Ha! You can try and nuke em!! I am now going for " Short Bursts of FIRE " with a gas torch, they should burn before the electrics and plastics of the mirror.

Hey its got to be done!

I have read somewhere that spiders do not like conkers,

so the answer is simple,

strap conkers to the wing mirrors and the spiders will move out.

You could paint the conkers to match your car so they would not stand out so much.

:D :winky:

From the man who trained the spiders for the movie "Arachnophobia". Spiders have their taste buds on the tips of their legs. They also hate the taste of Lemon Pledge. Dust your glass and doorframes with the Pledge, both inside and out, and any areas where they accumulate. The spiders will find that they don't want to live with you. :rolleyes:

Conkers hanging from the mirrors!! Yea I can see that happening>>

Now Lemon Pledge sounds good, Ill spray some in the mirrors, thanks guys.

If all fails then Im off to Lexus to see what ideas they have. that will give them something to talk about eg:- "what about the idiot with the spiders then ??" :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links