Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ebc Discs / Standard Pads ?

RichardMD

Hi,

Im after some advice. I am in need of new front brakes discs.

I like the drilled/slotted brembos from ASP for improved looks. Id assume peformance would be good. I didnt realise prices didnt include vat/delivery which bumps it up to c£260 just for the discs which is a bit lumpy.

Ive seen the standard mintex discs from prolex @ £95 which is good enough value.

Anyone got an opinion on these EBC brake discs @ £160 in total. I prefer the look of the slotted/drilled discs and these EBCs are more sensbly priced.

I happened to have already bought a full set of standard lexus pads. Can these be used with the above discs or should i pay out more for uprated pads?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Well EBC have a good reputation and I think a few us have them on our vehicles.

Personally i'd go for the EBC discs and EBC pads to match.

Then you could sell your Lexus Genuine pads on the buy and sell section

Sorted :D

Thanks for the response lowred on the EBCs. Looks the cost effective option and they look better for a small outlay.

Ive got a platinum ice (1999 V) plate with the 18" alloys bought from gordon.  I live in sandiacre nr M1 25.

Rich

Thank you

Thats defo a first for me - Thinking Cost Effective, never thought I'd see LowRed and Cost Effective in the same sentence :blink::blink:

The EBC's are usually a good job but make sure you run them in right and after that try not to brake too hard when they're cold! They have a tendancy to warp if abused!!

If you're goin to go for the EBC's then I would advise the greenstuff pads as they work better with the discs and produce far less brake dust!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links