Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Low Life Scumbag

Mr Morse

I have an apartment close to Nottingham city centre, where the back door leads via the garage to a quiet street on a private estate. I had parked the MR2 in the car standing right next to the garage and was working on the Dynamat installation.

The garage door is a split type, with a separate entry door and the whole garage sticks out clear of the main building, and has three sets of the clear window bricks built into the side.

I had run an extension cable out of the garage since I was cleaning the panels with a vacuum cleaner before applying the Dynamat, and had to leave the door slightly ajar.

I'd already removed the seats and plastic trim from the car and this was all laid out by the side of the garage. Pretty obvious I would have thought that someone was around!

Anyway, just after 1pm, having just applied a patch of Dynamat, I just looked up and noticed a figure through the window bricks in the garage! As my wife is out of town at the moment I thought WTF! :blink:

I leap out of the car, grabbing a big socket wrench as I went. Just though the door I see this scuffy looking white guy, 6ft but skinny, early 20's, basball cap and holding a half smoked joint.

Me: Who the f**k are you?

Scumbag: Yeah mate, I'm looking for (never heard of it) Street, I was coming in to ask for directions

Me: F**k off out of here before I wrap this wrench round your head :nuke:

Scumbag: No need to get aggressive man, I'm only asking directions.....

Me: Stabs the scumbag in his Adam's apple very gently with the socket wrench

Scumbag: Turns around and legs it out the door rapido

Me: Gives chase to the end of the street (50m), but the scumbag is well away so I go back to the house. I called 999, gave a location and description and within 1 min 2 police cars were on the estate. A PC came back 10 mins later to say that they could find no trace of him.

I went with the PC to the local station and went through the photo ID routine, but I was unable to give a positive ID to any of the photos.

I was very impressed with the response of the police and their reaction time, but I wonder which one of us would have his name on a charge sheet if I had gubbed the scumbag a bit harder?

This is the third occasion in 12 months I have had to call the police out on account of low life making a nusance of themselves on my street and should this crap happen again I will not be quite so easy on the scum. The area where I live is (supposeably) one of the most prestigious addresses in Nottingham and I am right fed up of having to put up with this scum day in day out.

Nice one Mike ............ I'm sure if you had pushed that wrench a little harder, there would have been a blind eye made ........... :whistling:

Shame about the event though ....... good police response ! ;)

Blimey mate - thank *** it wasn't him holding the socket wrench  :blink:

Glad you were ok and the rozzers did a good job - and good thing it wasn't the missus walking in on him...

yeah ....imagine what state the intruder would be in :lol:

Blimey mate - thank *** it wasn't him holding the socket wrench  :blink:

Glad you were ok and the rozzers did a good job - and good thing it wasn't the missus walking in on him...

yeah ....imagine what state the intruder would be in :lol:

Yeah - the usual summary justice in West Africa is a rubber necklace & 5 litres of 4 star :winky:

Blimey Mike, good to hear you're ok mate, it seemed dead around that area the other day, takes the mickey when they've got the nerve to just walk in like that though!

Guess it's a good job you had that police station 200 metres away - shame they didn't get him but at least you got him before he had chance to walk away with something!

Get CCTV, Mike.

I've got a PC running 24 hours a day, recording three cameras to hard disk. Fourth camera (a pan/tilt/zoom speed-dome I had off eBay) to be added as soon as I can find the adaptor cable for my RS485 card.

The cops have seen footage from me twice now. Once when some clown nicked the flowerpots from next door, drove off and abandoned the car outside my house (yes that's right, TWO CAR LENGTHS from where they nicked the pots) and once when they tried the handles on my Rover (and the handle on my back door). Cops love CCTV!

(In the avatar on the left, the car is within view of TWO cameras).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links