Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Coilovers? Which Brakes?

Rich OB

Ok i've been lookin around the site and searching but just feel more confused!!

So a direct answer from your experience and recommendations from all IS200SE owners would be great!

I'm after a set of new discs front and back with pads and was thinking brembo?

As for coilovers i don't want to spend loads (who does!) but i want a good kit for good money so again recommendations?

Thanx!

the TTE coilovers seem to be the peoples favourite as they retain the OEM top mounts so you dont get the slight knocking that you get from TEIN/Apexi et al.

HKS are the dogs danglies but are correspondingly expensive.

I stock the TTE's and am about to launch my own brand of budget coilovers. Just finalising the spring rates. These will retail at about £750 on the doorstep.

The TTEs are £880..........TEIN Flex with EDFC (allows you to adjust damping from in the car while on the move) are £1500

On brakes.............there is a lot of choice. Its all down to budget really

I have had a look around the site, thanx thats helped.

With regards to the budget kit you mention, when you say budget what quaility would it be in comparason to others that you mention i.e. the knocking noise etc.

Ta again

Btw, whats the maximum drop you can have with the TTE coilovers and the others?

Mat C is at -80mm :duh:

-40/-50mm seems the norm with them.

On my budget kit they will be metal top mounts so there will be slight knocking in all probability.........just turn the stereo up :D

tein do sets of coilovers for the IS200 starting at about £560 for non adjustable dampint and about £650 (ish) for adjustable damping.

both sets retain the standard top plates and quality is second to none!

Ok that sounds good, i've seen them on ProLex for £880 where have you seen them for £650ish, i would want the ones with adjustable damping.

I think i am gonna go for the TEIN set up, so the max drop on these is 80mm right?

Ok that sounds good, i've seen them on ProLex for £880 where have you seen them for £650ish, i would want the ones with adjustable damping.

I think i am gonna go for the TEIN set up, so the max drop on these is 80mm right?

The £880 ones on Prolex web site are TTE

max drop of -80 is on TTE springs

for £650 for TEINs you will get billy bsic

tiens will knock even if on OEM mounts

would highly recommend TTE coilovers

and i have had both

80mm is an unreasonable drop for a daily driver, the geometry will be not recoverable, and mr dunlop will be your best mate :ohmy:

I have Apexi Coily's with NO knocking, and its slammed silly.

Damping is wonderful, can be smooth or slightly firmer depending how i'm driving... although its a pain stopping on the side and adjusting... if i had Teins i'd probably love EDFC!!

IMO, get what you can afford... But Coilovers is a must if you plan on getting best handling and ride height perfect to your tastes...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links