Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi people

Just joined having picked up my 2001 RX300 SE on Monday. I have to say it's like driving around in your armchair! Neighbours are :sick: , heehee. Can't wait to get the towbar on and see how it feels with the steel box on the back! Anyone know how hard it is to fit a towbar yourself? I'm thinking mainly electrics being the problem?

Thanks

SL01 xx B)

Hi and welcome to LOC!

Sounds like you've picked up a great car there, they look great and I'd love one of those RX400's!

No idea on the towbar but someone will be here shortly :)

Cor - This is turning into a 'small world' chat - MacRS200 - I spent my formative years in Letchworth!

Bought the car from a dealer that is an end of lease outlet for Grosvenor Leasing. I think my nearest dealer will be Cambridge. Can I get it serviced by Toyota? That'd only be in Northampton then!

SL01 xx

Welcome to LOC. :D

I now see loads of Lexus around Northants, the number keeps growing. No Lexus like mine though :D

For Lexus garage i use Leicester because of the discount for gold members. Coventry dont do discount. The toyota garage is about 10mins from me and they are useless when it comes to Lexus. They told me that they only do toyota and not Lexus.

Sorry but looks like you might have a bit of a drive for servicing :blush:

Sorry but looks like you might have a bit of a drive for servicing :blush:

So does anyone know if Cambridge is any good? Do they do discount? What about Essex?, I've a bruv in Brentwood I could visit, thereby killing two birds with one of the proverbials. :lol:

SL01 xx

Hi, welcome to the club :winky:

Lexus Cambridge give a max of 10% discount... BUT... I've just ordered some new wheel caps and they only gave me 7.5%!!! :crying:

Bearing in mind you have to be a Gold member to take advantage of any discounts :whistling:

Hi people

Just joined having picked up my 2001 RX300 SE on Monday. I have to say it's like driving around in your armchair! Neighbours are  :sick: , heehee. Can't wait to get the towbar on and see how it feels with the steel box on the back! Anyone know how hard it is to fit a towbar yourself? I'm thinking mainly electrics being the problem?

Thanks

SL01 xx   B)

Great choice........ sounds the same as mine.

I bought my towbar from Towsure for about £120 all in. It was so easy to fit!. The car has captive nuts already built in so you just bolt it on..... no drilling! and no problem with alignment.

The electrics were also easy using only a small multimeter bought for about £4. I took my time and all works perfectly.

I know nothing about cars so was well happy with result.

Time for a LPG conversion i think!

SJT

I bought my towbar from Towsure for about £120 all in.  It was so easy to fit!.  The car has captive nuts already built in so you just bolt it on..... no drilling! and no problem with alignment.

The electrics were also easy using only a small multimeter bought for about £4.  I took my time and all works perfectly.

I know nothing about cars so was well happy with result.

Time for a LPG conversion i think!

SJT

Thanks SJT - that is really helpful - think it's time to have a look through the towsure book! I had been quoted £400 for getting one fitted :o - yeah right!!!

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome - good to know that Cambridge at least give some discount - might have to become a gold member!

Cheers

SL01 xx

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links