Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav And Heated Front Screen

philip27

Hi and welcome to LOC!

You should be fine mate, the screen is only heated at the bottom, it's those reflective one's like the purple Renault one's that cause more problems....

A few of the lads here run GPS antenna's in the front (I have mine under the rear parcel shelf) - in fact I'd say the Origin B2 picks up quicker when located at the front than at the rear!

Ifraz used to run his from his glovebox I think?!

Navman recommend the optional plug in aerial for cars with heated or heat reflective windscreens.

Says in my 520 user manual..... :duh:

But the only part of the lexus front window that is heated is under the wiper blades, so as pointed out... it isn't a problem. :)

hiya and welcome to the club.

to be honest with you, although the navman's are good. i really think you should take a look at the new Tomtom Go 700. its and awesome bit of kit and well worth the money. i have one running in my IS and have maps of the entire USA and Europe. no external GPS reciever is required and the Battery life is exceptional (good for portability if out of the car).

but either way, sat nav is defiitely a great addition to any car!!!!!!!!1

I to have used Tom-Tom and was very impressed with it, until I purchased a Navman iCN630 this as proved to be far better than Tom-Tom but it was also far more expensive. I have just returned from a 2300 mile European trip, over 7 days this device performed faultlessly over motorways, unmade roads and varying extreme temperatures. On the one occasion I required assistance from Navman UK with regards to a problem with V3 software their help far exceeded my expectations! Go for the new iCN 635…….

I to have used Tom-Tom and was very impressed with it, until I purchased a Navman iCN630 this as proved to be far better than Tom-Tom but it was also far more expensive. I have just returned from a 2300 mile European trip, over 7 days this device performed faultlessly over motorways, unmade roads and varying extreme temperatures. On the one occasion I required assistance from Navman UK with regards to a problem with V3 software their help far exceeded my expectations! Go for the new iCN 635…….

Hello

Sorry for being so stupid but how do you turn the heated screen on in the IS200 (front)

Hello

Sorry for being so stupid but how do you turn the heated screen on in the IS200 (front)

Done automatically, no user input required

hiya and welcome to the club.

to be honest with you, although the navman's are good. i really think you should take a look at the new Tomtom Go 700. its and awesome bit of kit and well worth the money. i have one running in my IS and have maps of the entire USA and Europe. no external GPS reciever is required and the battery life is exceptional (good for portability if out of the car).

but either way, sat nav is defiitely a great addition to any car!!!!!!!!1

sorry to take this off topic, did your tomtom 700 come with usa maps, im thinking about buying the tomtom 500 but would consider the 700 if the usa maps came with it, cheers, sorry again for taking it off topic

The TTG 700 only comes with all of Europe on its internal hard disk, if you want the USA you will need to get the TTG USA Map data and load it to the hard disk it can hold it and the US at the same time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links