Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

De-badge Or Not To De-badge?

muradx

:unsure: I just got my IS200, i have noticed, and it was advertised as such, that it is badged in gold. Im not a big fan as the gold is ever so slightly fading. The "L" (front grill and back) the "Lexus" and the "IS200" badges are all like this.

I was thinking about removing everything on the back and changing the font grill to a "TRD" one or one that looks like a TRD one.

My question to LOC members is, is this a suitable move for a standard non mod 2000 reg SE Auto Navigator and if so whats the best way to do it, just yank the badges off?.... wont that leave unsightly marks on the car where the badges used to be? How to remove them?

Please advise, especially if you have done it to so i can learn from your experience.

PS. I know its not the biggest or most technical mod in the world but thats why you guys are here... to advise and reassure :D

I prefer to leave the badges on, as im a shallow person and I want everyone to know what kind of car is in front of them lol

anyway most people have good results throwing some very hot water over stuck on letter's, then using a hair dryer and some dental floss, fishing line to cut thru the adheasive. after that use some thing like T-cut to get rid of the sticky outline and blend in the colours.

this has been discussed alot so there are some usefull hints and tips to be found using the Seach feature. good luck

Can't make my mind up on this car, previous cars I have just debadged and left it like that forever, but this one...... I dunno :unsure:

I removed the badges from the rear leaving the 'L' in the centre, but I'm not sure if I'd rather have em all back again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links